OMG Secret Ending! *Must Finish All Routes*

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

geekahedron

Re: OMG Secret Ending! *Must Finish All Routes*

Post by geekahedron »

Snow_Storm wrote:How can Shizune use magic if she's mute?
Shizune is killer with somatic components, and although she can technically use verbal components they get screwed right to hell every time.
Snow_Storm wrote:And yeah, it's a shame Lilly's has the highest magic power but the lowest accuracy and that damn accuraccy glitch doesn't help her out.
You do realize that the sonar gun is not only for finding things in the water areas? It give's Lilly's accuracy a 50% boost or something crazy like that.
Would you come with me if I ran off to be a pirate?

Scene-by-scene flowcharts: Image 100% complete [ 100% completion walkthrough ]
komplein

Post by komplein »

TheLastMelody wrote: I see, but this is not an actual route is it?

Let's call the end where Hisao dies by falling of the rooftop "manly picnic" (everbody does)

Yes! You have it all figured out. It's not an actual route because it ends in Act 1 and the paths begin from Act 2 onward, however, as I understand, the developers were at some point actually going for a full fledged Kenji route, you can actually see remnants of their ideas if you analyze that bad ending, especially the parts where he draws near to you; just think it through, you'll notice.

Therefore, it would make sense that remnants of an actual Kenji path exists in the game somewhere, like the one path I described for you all. Reason: It could have made it into an early stage of development and later it was scrapped, because it became superfluous, contradictory or it wouldn't have been able to be finished by the (self-imposed) deadline.

Now what game developers do is they don't delete all the written code or remove all the assets, because it is cumbersome and could also be risky, so they settle for hiding the content, removing triggers that would cause the content to be loaded (appear), burying the now hidden content so deep it can only be recovered by abusing a bug (glitch; case in point: you glitch through a wall to uncover a hidden room that looks like it's in beta form) or a cheat device.

Or they render it more easily uncovered, as a sort of easter egg, only making it nearly inaccessible (for example by using an RNG like described previously.).

Now to be honest: There isn't a hidden Kenji path in this game. However, you only asked if this can happen and yes it could. The developers, given their background, would know about that press conference disaster that spawned those memes. And you would be surprised how many hidden content there could be in this game. A Kenji path... it could actually be true for all I know, I haven't checked yet.

If someone needs clear-cut examples to understand how common this is:

Hidden Czar Dragon in FFVI
Test Rooms and Levels in nearly all games ever made

Goto: http://tcrf.net/The_Cutting_Room_Floor and knock yourself out finding out about other games.

Well... I could actually turn the above story into a full fledged fanfic, so at least something good will come of it (unless it proves to be true after all).
TheLastMelody

Post by TheLastMelody »

Snow_Storm wrote:
shaftslammer wrote:
TheLastMelody wrote:Answer me seriously, is this actually something that can happen in KS?
I have my doubts, but I want to hope.
The fake KS RPG or the secret ending?
Either ^_^
My story, probably better left untold - http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5245
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

[quote="TheLastMelody"
Either ^_^[/quote]

Okay, gotcha!

Anyway, somebody should really make a FFVI hack using the Katawa Shoujo characters.
TheLastMelody

Post by TheLastMelody »

But still, is the secret ending real? Y/N?
My story, probably better left untold - http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5245

Post by Guest »

TheLastMelody wrote:But still, is the secret ending real? Y/N?
No, there is no secret ending.
For now...
Omurice

Post by Omurice »

shaftslammer wrote:Behold, the Secret Ending & The Final Boss of Katawa Shoujo!
EDIT: Now With Fitting Music.

Admit it, you knew before you clicked on this thread.
Off topic, but last time I checked, this was how to beat up a giant crab. Maybe the KS girls can do this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxRqF2Ac ... re=related
Mysterious Stranger

Post by Mysterious Stranger »

Goddamnit, I discovered this thread too late. All the appropriate jokes and references have already been made, and then some. Fuck.

Er... well... speaking of Katawa Shoujo RPGs... how about just setting it to this and have them say a couple lines, I guess:

Misha: It is I, Mikado, Seeker of Wahahahaha~!
Shicchan: [Where are we?]
Misha: Look at this tiny place~. To the arrhythmic heart seeking freedom this hospital~ is a prison surrounded by bitterness and self-pity~. And so this boy sought to escape this prison. He sought a way to cross over into other schools~. And so he opened his heart to Wahahahaha~!
Shicchan: [Hisao! Where are you!?]
Misha: Don't bother~. Your voice can no longer reach him where he is. His heart belongs again to Wahahahaha~! All schools begin in Wahahaha~! and all so end. The arrhythmic heart is no different. Wahahaha~! sprouts within it, it grows, consumes it. Such is its nature~! In the end, every heart returns to the Wahahahaha~! from whence it came! You see, Wahahaha~! is the heart's... true... essence.
Shicchan: [That's not true! His heart may be weak, and sometimes, it may even give in. But I've learned that deep down, there's a light that never goes out!]
Misha: So you have come this far to graduate, and still you understand nothing~. Every light must fade, every heart return to WAHAHAHAHAHA~! Behold the endless abyss (read: Kenji's dorm)! Within it lies the heart of all schools: Katawa Hearts~! Look as hard as you are able, you'll not find even the smallest glimmer~ of your pathetic light. From those dark depths are all hearts born - even your own cold heart, Shicchan.

<fight sequence, Hisao is freed and strikes weak point for massive damage, Limit Breaks abound, Yuuko summon, etc. etc.>

Misha: It is futile~. The cat doll alone cannot seal the door to Wahahaha~! Katawa Hearts! Fill me... with the power of Wahahaha~!...
[Kenji's dorm room door begins to open]
Misha: Supreme Wahahaha~!...
Hisao: You're wrong. I know now, without a doubt. Katawa Hearts... is LIGHT!

<Giant Enemy Misha decimated by streams of glorious, anti-feminist, and extremely manly light radiated by Kenji's now opened room - in slow motion, of course>

Misha: I need... more rage~... I need more... parfaits...
Hisao: Misha. There's more to a parfait than just anger or hate. They're full of all kinds of things. Don't you remember?
Misha: Unfortunately~... I don't.

Another post that's the product of fatigue crushing all the mind's reasoning... forgive me.
| Can you see what I see? | To the end of the Waltz... | First stop, Nagoya! | Oh, come, lovely child! | To the World of Dreams | Pray to become starry sky tomorrow... | Please... forget about me... | No music, no future |
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

HISAO: [Wow, all that time I spent practicing fingerspelling FUS-ROH-DAH! really paid off.]
SHIZUNE: [ ^_^ ]
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Mysterious Stranger wrote:Goddamnit, I discovered this thread too late. All the appropriate jokes and references have already been made, and then some. Fuck.

Er... well... speaking of Katawa Shoujo RPGs... how about just setting it to this and have them say a couple lines, I guess:

Misha: It is I, Mikado, Seeker of Wahahahaha~!
Shicchan: [Where are we?]
Misha: Look at this tiny place~. To the arrhythmic heart seeking freedom this hospital~ is a prison surrounded by bitterness and self-pity~. And so this boy sought to escape this prison. He sought a way to cross over into other schools~. And so he opened his heart to Wahahahaha~!
Shicchan: [Hisao! Where are you!?]
Misha: Don't bother~. Your voice can no longer reach him where he is. His heart belongs again to Wahahahaha~! All schools begin in Wahahaha~! and all so end. The arrhythmic heart is no different. Wahahaha~! sprouts within it, it grows, consumes it. Such is its nature~! In the end, every heart returns to the Wahahahaha~! from whence it came! You see, Wahahaha~! is the heart's... true... essence.
Shicchan: [That's not true! His heart may be weak, and sometimes, it may even give in. But I've learned that deep down, there's a light that never goes out!]
Misha: So you have come this far to graduate, and still you understand nothing~. Every light must fade, every heart return to WAHAHAHAHAHA~! Behold the endless abyss (read: Kenji's dorm)! Within it lies the heart of all schools: Katawa Hearts~! Look as hard as you are able, you'll not find even the smallest glimmer~ of your pathetic light. From those dark depths are all hearts born - even your own cold heart, Shicchan.

<fight sequence, Hisao is freed and strikes weak point for massive damage, Limit Breaks abound, Yuuko summon, etc. etc.>

Misha: It is futile~. The cat doll alone cannot seal the door to Wahahaha~! Katawa Hearts! Fill me... with the power of Wahahaha~!...
[Kenji's dorm room door begins to open]
Misha: Supreme Wahahaha~!...
Hisao: You're wrong. I know now, without a doubt. Katawa Hearts... is LIGHT!

<Giant Enemy Misha decimated by streams of glorious, anti-feminist, and extremely manly light radiated by Kenji's now opened room - in slow motion, of course>

Misha: I need... more rage~... I need more... parfaits...
Hisao: Misha. There's more to a parfait than just anger or hate. They're full of all kinds of things. Don't you remember?
Misha: Unfortunately~... I don't.

Another post that's the product of fatigue crushing all the mind's reasoning... forgive me.
Keyblade anyone?
Should've said:

"Katawa Hearts...is HHHNNNNGGGHHHHHH
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Pechee

Post by Pechee »

...And you thought your English was bad