If you *actually have* a physical disability, what is it?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Choose the most severe physical disability that applies to you. Blank vote if none apply.

Hearing impairment (Moderate to severe in one or both ears)
8%
Deafness (Profound in one ear)
2%
Deafness (Profound in both ears)
3%
Muteness
4%
Low vision (Correctable to 20/70-20/200)
46%
Legal blindness (Not correctable to 20/200)
4%
Blindness (Total in one eye)
4%
Disabled/amputated arm or hand
2%
Disabled/amputated leg or foot
5%
Other (specify) (NOT including mental or milder physical disabilities)
23%

Total votes: 960

Radien

Re: If you *actually have* a physical disability, what is it

Post by Radien »

Luisiroth wrote:The speed is not THAT high, so toppling is not really a problem when drifting. Sometimes I ended on two wheels for a second or two (one time on the front little wheels, it was scary!), but never toppled. Racing like that with someone like Emi would be funny, but also dangerous as a cataclysm XD
That's really the only problem on a 45 degree decline?... I'd think you wouldn't be able to turn, but I'm guessing it's a straight road or you wouldn't try it.

Emi would be fine, because PICNICS.
Paths completed so far (in order): Emi, Hanako, Shizune, Lilly (good endings)

Currently playing: Rin's path
guest2

Post by guest2 »

The problem is in my pants, but luckily there are no armless girls to point it out.
Katawa Shoujo Piano Sheet Music Project
"Jellyfish are like people to me" - Me
"OH GOD MAH DRILLS" - yipyapper
Luisiroth

Post by Luisiroth »

Radien wrote:That's really the only problem on a 45 degree decline?... I'd think you wouldn't be able to turn, but I'm guessing it's a straight road or you wouldn't try it.

Emi would be fine, because PICNICS.
Yeah, it´s a totally straight street. You only have to slow down when drifting. And don´t forget that the street looses inclination, it´s only 45º degreed on the first 10-20 meters.
Radien

Post by Radien »

guest2 wrote:luckily there are no armless girls to point it out.
So to speak. :)
Luisiroth wrote:Yeah, it´s a totally straight street. You only have to slow down when drifting. And don´t forget that the street looses inclination, it´s only 45º degreed on the first 10-20 meters.
Ahhh. So by "drifting" you mean sliding forward, rather than going all Tokyo Drift/Mario Kart on us. :)

...The next Mario Kart should have souped-up wheelchairs. Heck, they already added motorcycles... Imagine a Mario-themed racing chair. Then you'd even have a jump button!

Luisiroth

Post by Luisiroth »

Radien wrote: Ahhh. So by "drifting" you mean sliding forward, rather than going all Tokyo Drift/Mario Kart on us. :)

...The next Mario Kart should have souped-up wheelchairs. Heck, they already added motorcycles... Imagine a Mario-themed racing chair. Then you'd even have a jump button!
Nope, I go totally Mario Kart when doing it!!! Something like that (without eating a wall if possible XD):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYMea40IVQ8

And about a videogame... With Game Maker or something like that could be easy to do it...
Radien

Post by Radien »

Luisiroth wrote:
Radien wrote: Ahhh. So by "drifting" you mean sliding forward, rather than going all Tokyo Drift/Mario Kart on us. :)

Nope, I go totally Mario Kart when doing it!!! Something like that (without eating a wall if possible XD):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYMea40IVQ8

And about a videogame... With Game Maker or something like that could be easy to do it...
Wow, I guess there's more possible with a wheelchair than I expected.... I thought they were more top-heavy than that. Of course, I don't have a very good frame of reference, as I've only used a ten-ton hospital chair, and I only went out into town once while I was using it. :P If I had needed one long-term I would have wanted to get a sportier model.

Hmmmm, "Mario Khair"?... ;) Reminds me of an Azumanga Daiyoh doujinshi racing game I tried out once.

sandy ravage

Post by sandy ravage »

I have severe PTSD and CPRS from Iraq. I consider myself lucky because 2 men in our Humvee died instantly (and I had to watch them explode, hence the PTSD), while I just got peppered with shrapnel (Hence the CPRS.) Fortunatley, I don't have to take vicodin for the rest of my life because I live in a medical marijuana state.

Thanks, America. I got offered 40k to get so fucked up I stand with a cane at the age of 25, and I never know when debilitating pain will wash over me again. Don't join the military, kids. Everything they tell you is a lie.
Panasonic_youth

Post by Panasonic_youth »

I have mild Cerebral Palsy that affects my right side.
charmisokay

Post by charmisokay »

low vision is ruling this forum.
After playing Lilly's route I started eating pizza with a knife and a fork ^^ I'm such a gentleman.
guest2

Post by guest2 »

charmisokay wrote:low vision is ruling this forum.
Yeah I know lots of people that need glasses or contacts with prescriptions even worse than mine (and I believe, uncorrected, I'm worse than 20/200). In 250 or 500 years, humans might become a blind species :o
Katawa Shoujo Piano Sheet Music Project
"Jellyfish are like people to me" - Me
"OH GOD MAH DRILLS" - yipyapper
Grayjack

Post by Grayjack »

I am near sighted, with mild astigmatism in my left eye. I also have pes planus, and I sometimes use special insoles for them.
Thrasher Thetic

Post by Thrasher Thetic »

What do you expect with so many computer nerds?

I am happy to report no disabilities, no allergies, and an above-average state of physical conditioning. When I was going through puberty it looked like glasses would be in my near future when my vision started going out, but that has stabilized (no I don't have numbers) and hasn't really gotten any worse in 10 years. Being healthy is awesome.
The only difference between theory and reality is that in theory there is no difference, but in reality there is.
Xerxes

Post by Xerxes »

Not exactly a disability but besides my myopia (nearsightedness) in both eyes, my left eye is slightly more sensitive to sunlight than my right eye because of a pseudostrabismus surgery I had when I was 4 years old. I always use caps since I can't use sunshades anymore for I must wear my eyeglasses outdoors because of my aforementioned myopia.
Also, I have tendonitis in my right knee from a bad drop from a low roof I had some years ago. I can do well most of the time, but in humid days, it starts to swell and hurt a little, not much, but it's ought to get worse when I'll be older.
Last edited by Xerxes on Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
charmisokay

Post by charmisokay »

Thrasher Thetic
Haha, being alive is awesome for me :D
I have bad vision, but my physical condition is around average, and my weight is on the good side of normal, hell, I'm "always" happy :)
For me the only reason we live is to enjoy ourselves. I dont see much point doing anything else.
After playing Lilly's route I started eating pizza with a knife and a fork ^^ I'm such a gentleman.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Without my glasses, I'm legally blind in one eye (I can still see mind you, I just have horrible vision without my glasses) and have a minor muscle condition in my feet. 99% of the time I'm fine, but on rare occasions I get some sharp pains and end up walking with a limp for a while.
Not Dead Yet