Has KS somehow influenced your life?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

jsc_tidus

Re: After reading KS, do you do anything different?

Post by jsc_tidus »

ardiel wrote:Rin got me inspired. After not having done a painting or drawing in years, I whipped this up in about an hour.

Other than that, not much else. >.>

i love it!
Enfid

Re: Has KS somehow influenced your life?

Post by Enfid »

*I wrote this whole essay after an hour, but I think it's better to be brief and succinct*

Hanako's route and all endings made me rethink my code of chivalry (that I hold in high regards as something to live by) and not only further strengtened my resolve in living my life by those rules, but it also made me realise that being compassionate for someone in an irresponsible manner (like how Hisao can smother Hanako with too much attention and protection) can be as bad, if not worse, than cruelty.

To use an analogy: Care for and treat when the bird is hurt, but encourage it to try to fly. Protect it excessively, and it may never fly.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

it bitch-slapped me--hard, particularly after Shizune's route.
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
SliverGod

Post by SliverGod »

Believe it or not, it actually inspired me to write a self-help book. Im already meeting a small publisher about it this friday.

Having a goal, and taking active steps to reach it! Hell yea!
"The question isnt 'Who is going to let me?' The question is 'Who is going to stop me?'"
SliverGod

Is this real life?; KS moments that hit to your own life

Post by SliverGod »

For me? It was Emi: as a whole. A past flame of mine was exactly like her. Always with her foot on the trottle, pushing me to be better than I am. We lost connection sometime in high school (thrid year college student now) aand I gave her a call after finishing the route. Shes the same as always, haha.

Another was Shizunes. Specifically when Misha knocked on Hisaos door. Oh man, except for me I didnt choose "refuse." I achieved nothing except blow my chance to actually be with either of them as well as destroying their friendship. Only regret Ive ever had and that moment in KS just poured lemon juice onto an old wound.

What about yourselves?
"The question isnt 'Who is going to let me?' The question is 'Who is going to stop me?'"
nyttyn

Re: Is this real life?; KS moments that hit to your own life

Post by nyttyn »

Is this fantasy? Caught in a landside. No escape from reality.

Well, Hanako's shyness in general was pretty spot on for my school-life. Sans horrible burning scarring, obviously.
Why does the OST feature so much piano, despite the fact that not even a single piano exists in the entire game!?
hickwarrior

Post by hickwarrior »

Hmm influenced it... I guess it did, but by reinforcing how lonely I really am. Then again, I'm not someone who socializes a lot and most of my tastes tend to be more foreign to other people. However, the worst thing about it is my social anxiety. About being rejected. And not being treated as an equal, which kind of infuriates me when I think about it.
Meh, I just liked how the location sounded in my mind. I'm not really into sailing myself.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

The love triangle between Shizune, Hisao, and Misha. The relationship between the three of them to be exact.

It didn't end too well for me and hit the 'bad end', ends up crushing our friendship with one another. It's getting amended nowadays...

Love triangle ain't pretty. It gives you one hell of a roller-coaster ride you do not want to be in again
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
tibbycat

Post by tibbycat »

hickwarrior wrote:Then again, I'm not someone who socializes a lot and most of my tastes tend to be more foreign to other people. However, the worst thing about it is my social anxiety. About being rejected. And not being treated as an equal, which kind of infuriates me when I think about it.
I don't think it's ever completely curable, but my own experience has shown me that it's certainly treatable. I joined a program for social anxiety at an anxiety disorders clinic at a hospital which really helped me. They used cognitive behaviour therapy to help with it. I'm in Australia where we have national healthcare so it was completely free for me to do (just had to go on a waiting list of a few months which is fair enough), so whether you have access to something like that, I guess it depends on what country you're in.

I'd recommend speaking to your local doctor who might know of any such programs. Social anxiety is definitely treatable! :)
Strahan

Post by Strahan »

Yea it influenced my life; I called off work for three days because I was absorbed in it, lol.
VIVI

Post by VIVI »

Rin. She IS artist.
She is devoted to that, and not think even in need receive money for her paintings. And remind my similar situation of have the talent but not that passion. Oh Rin, i need be more like you. Doesn´t matter if i don´t can work in grafics like i studied, but i can be for example a teacher AND ilustrator in same time. I discover this late. im try working in it. sigh.
Kenji. He have fear to females. im fear to males. no, i don´t hate them, some are really fantastic, gentle. But some not. And exist woman who can be really, really bad too. i don´t like extreme feminists...They want make suffer mans for only be man. Im straight,(in big grade; maybe %90? then bi with a very strong male preference XD) but some times people believe who im lesbi. Same happened with Kenji (but is his fault: say first that thing about life force, after try to be exageratly manly, after he is so weirdo...and don´t forget the "Kenji route")...and i don´t like futa girl, what the hell. :lol: Im a kind of weird, too. SO WEIRD.
newnar

Post by newnar »

Strahan wrote:Yea it influenced my life; I called off work for three days because I was absorbed in it, lol.
I wish I could've done that. Sadly, my line of work disallows me that freedom.
yipyapper

Post by yipyapper »

It gave me a really good story that I can't get out of my head (5 really), memorable characters I can look back to and now a community that really is awesome.
"OH GAWD MY DRILLS"
...What? Not a real quote? Oh well, it's Yipyapper's quote now.
"Google will rule the world soon. Accept them now before it's too late."
~Yipyapper
rk47

Post by rk47 »

It doesn't really influence me, much except for unlocking a new keyword and conversation point with friends/colleagues.

Topics like:

"What do blind people dream of?"

"Do you know the deaf have a hard time communicating with the blind?"

Well, it does make me somewhat happier at some points and downer, heh. I do hear some people change their life habits accordingly due to Emi's healthy advice. Well. That's uh, nice. Maybe that'll happen when I go her route, but honestly, playing with Lilly's route, I didn't really get affected much.

I think.

Or so.

Yeah.

Except..

Fruit cakes kinda suck.

And Black tea with vanilla...moreso.
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

It's got me looking at my life and wondering what the hell happened? Am I happy with the way things are heading? Is it too late to change?