About BG's and some weird glitch on EEEPC

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

mugenjohncel

About BG's and some weird glitch on EEEPC

Post by mugenjohncel »

First and foremost Congratulations on this release... it's been a long hard road filled with drama, blood, sweat and tears but all ended well... been secretly following you guys since early 2008.

While the quality of your release is nearly on par with commercially available doujin VN's with all the Ren'py customization you guys have done under the hood, the way the music blends with the rest of the game... even adding flavor to it and the character sprites drawn with great care and... a bunch of filtered photographs for BG CG's.

There's nothing wrong with using photos for BG's... probably just me but after seeing the amount of effort you have done with the rest of the game... I am half expecting you'd put some effort in BG's... KS artist are some of the best I've seen and maybe you could get one or two of them to do some BG's. I dunno, maybe this is just initial release and the photo BG's are just temporary and will be replaced by something much better in the near future...

Anyway, looking forward to future release... dev's keep up the good work.

Oh! and I tried running KS on a formatted (tampered) EEEPC loaded with windows XP and roughly half of the time during the splashscreen on windowed mode the screen just goes black but music still playing... probably just the hardware.

Time to do some fanart!... will be back tonight...

"POOF" (Disappears)
Hello everyone...
jusmailuck

Re: About BG's and some weird glitch on EEEPC

Post by jusmailuck »

That's odd... What version is your netbook?
I ran Katawa off a 1000HA eee pc no problem, fullscreen or windowed.
mugenjohncel

Post by mugenjohncel »

S101H (tampered) to run regular windows XP...

Only there and nowhere else...
Hello everyone...
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

There are over 150 backgrounds in KS, the artists have had one year less to work on the game than the writers so they are already "behind" and we want the drawn backgrounds to be of equal quality with the character art. Short of a miracle, it's not possible to get drawn backgrounds.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents

Post by Guest »

So are you gonna kill the KS girls with arrows too you uncreative bastard child?
mugenjohncel

Post by mugenjohncel »

Aura wrote:There are over 150 backgrounds in KS
:shock: My last rough estimate while playing was just over 40... wow, just wow...
Guest wrote:So are you gonna kill the KS girls with arrows too you uncreative bastard child?
Lol no... arrows are for Touhou, stabbing is for Lucky Star and recently drawing Yaoi material under different alias... but I definitelly am gonna do something about this :mrgreen: ...
http://shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com/post/v ... ser_id%3D3

Oh and tampered EEEPC's in my country mean EEEPC's that were originally pre-loaded with Linux and is formatted and installed with windows XP instead.

"POOF" (Disappears)
Hello everyone...
Ambi07

Post by Ambi07 »

We probably won't have backgrounds for the final release in the game as well, I think this has been pointed out before but the only way we can see this happening is if we somehow obtain a background artist(or team of artists) separate from the character artists that can pump out the hundreds of backgrounds that we currently have without delaying the release of the game.
Axeman

Post by Axeman »

I got a EEE PC 1000HE and it's happened a couple of times. Nothing to worry about though, I just close the game then make a new one and it turns out fine.
The game.
You have lost it.
WASSHOI

Post by WASSHOI »

I personally find the backgrounds fine. Never really liked too much emphasis on it, I mean your main focus is the character(s) you're interacting with anyway. It isn't like the backgrounds are horrible eyesores either, they don't get in the way but provide a nice backdrop for the character sprites. The art in the game lets you know exactly where you are, and they're all made in a way that lets the characters "pop out" from their surroundings.
Brother Mojo

Post by Brother Mojo »

I actually kind of like how the backgrounds are edited photos usually, but are drawn during CG scenes. Most of the time, the focus is on whatever character you're talking to, but then when you get into a CG scene, it spreads the visual focus out to the whole event.

I'm quite happy with their use of edited photo backgrounds.
Hiiro

Post by Hiiro »

I like the backgrounds, myself. The blurred lines make everything seem a bit smoother and, for lack of a better word, soothing.
PCJedi

Post by PCJedi »

I rather like the backgrounds as they are. Whether they're photo-based or drawn, they're quite pleasant to look at. They don't obtrude in the way of the characters or anything, nor do they stand out or look awkward, like in some VNs (Case in point, Tsukihime: Why is everything so Blue in that game!?)
Love is Blind. God is Love. Lilly is Blind.

Then, is Lilly God?