Where did Miki come from?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Guestimate

Where did Miki come from?

Post by Guestimate »

So, as I've been lurking, I noticed something. For a character that you see, what, twice? in the story, Miki has a rather large fanbase and an agreed-upon personality. So, where did she come from? Was she going to be a route but suffered Spontaneous Author Existence Failure? Did she just start as a fanon character and gain a following? Thanks in advance.
youka

Re: Where did Miki come from?

Post by youka »

quite interesting that you point that out, never really thought of it before. now i'm somewhat eager to know too :?
Hanako Dash - what REAL MEN do when they're bored: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5547 :D
- -youka
Esa94

Post by Esa94 »

Guestimate wrote:So, as I've been lurking, I noticed something. For a character that you see, what, twice? in the story, Miki has a rather large fanbase and an agreed-upon personality. So, where did she come from? Was she going to be a route but suffered Spontaneous Author Existence Failure? Did she just start as a fanon character and gain a following? Thanks in advance.
Nobody but the original five girls were ever supposed to have routes.

I believe Miki is just one of those characters that sort of evolved based on "fanart" (largely made by devs) and fanfics in the time it took between act 1 and the release?
youka

Post by youka »

miki was in act 1? (aside from the classroom pic)
Hanako Dash - what REAL MEN do when they're bored: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5547 :D
- -youka
Lolz2day

Post by Lolz2day »

Theres an ask thread try there
X_Bacon

Post by X_Bacon »

Guestimate wrote:Was she going to be a route but suffered Spontaneous Author Existence Failure?
Kind of, I guess. Suriko said they had something planned for her but dropped it.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?p=76661#p76661
Zig_Zac

Post by Zig_Zac »

Plus she is a hottie... :)
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

Wasn't she along with Kenji and Misha where suppose to have their own fullfledge routes but where dropped?
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

To anyone who says that anyone other than the 5 main girls had even a possibility of having a route:
Esa94 wrote:Nobody but the original five girls were ever supposed to have routes.
Unless a dev says otherwise there were never any plans for more than those five routes + Kenji bad end.

Miki got a following after Act 1 for no other reason than because she's cute. Whether that following had an influence on her role in the final game is up to the devs to reveal.
Tezzeret

Post by Tezzeret »

I'm completely at a loss for her origin but i do think it would have been nice for her to get her own route but this is coming from someone that wanted Misha and Akira to get routes too.