Would you go to Yamaku if it existed?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

extremepiwy

Would you go to Yamaku if it existed?

Post by extremepiwy »

If you had a choice, would you like to attend Yamaku( The school in Katawa Shoujo where much of the story is taken place in) if it existed in real life?

Everything would be the same as in the game, the characters, their disabilities and the area. Yes, Shizune, Rin, Emi, Hanako, Lilly, Kenji and Misha would be there and Mutou would be your teacher. You would live the exact same life as Hisao except you would get to make your own decision because you are going.

I would make my own decisions once I heard some of the other choices and opinions.
"WAHAHAHA!~"
Titus

Re: Would you go to Yamaku if it existed?

Post by Titus »

You would live the exact same life as Hisao
Manly picnic everyday then.
What if life had a soundtrack similar to Katawa Shoujo's ?
alien.marksman

Post by alien.marksman »

To go back to being 17 again in my last year of High School..
Especially if I could go back knowing what I know now.
I'm not sure what to make of that. Sure I'd love the opportunity, but it's the choices I made back then that helped shape and define my life and lead me to being where I am now.
I like being me.
But curiosity would inevitably get the better of me and I'd take the chance.

As for it being Yamaku? Well, I guess it'd be more prestigious than my Original HS.
For Queen and Country
PasterOfMuppets

Post by PasterOfMuppets »

Same as Hisao? Meaning also possessing arrhythmia? (Or any disability for that matter)

If so then, yeah, I'd totally go.
Good joke... Everybody laugh... Roll on snare drum... Curtains...

Hanako = Shizune = Lilly = Rin > Kenji > Placeholder > Emi
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Dunno. I don't like the idea of taking a spot in class that could be occupied by someone more in need of it.
extremepiwy

Post by extremepiwy »

Oops, sorry I forgot to mention about your disability. You would have arrhythmia same as Hisao
"WAHAHAHA!~"
phantomwolf

Post by phantomwolf »

I would, but only if I was as me and not Hiseo.

I'd get along with the people there. Much easier to relate to and understand than people who aren't disabled.

Though my problems in High School were pretty much "just" psychological. Now I have MS, though. I'd never want to relive my childhood ever, but if I could go to that school, I would. Even if it meant having MS still back then.

Anyway, going to a school like that...would be like heaven for me. A school that has understanding students and doesn't have staff that attack people for their disabilities. Going to a place like that...would've made things a lot easier for me as a child-teen. (I probably should've, but it's a long story.)
Nekken

Post by Nekken »

No, for three reasons:

1) It's in Japan, and I am not.
2) Assuming 1) is not an issue, it probably would never have occurred to me to go to such a place. Yamaku does not strike me as a place where most of its students choose to go (Misha and Hanako being, IIRC, the only confirmed exceptions among the cast, though I suspect Shizune might have chosen as well).
3) Assuming 1) and 2) are not issues, I'm assuming I've got the benefit of hindsight. Having married my high school sweetheart, meeting her is something I am not willing to trade away, even for a school like Yamaku.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Assuming having the same disability like Hisao? nope.avi

If I was me going over there, then yeah I'll do that and would definitely join the Student Council. They seriously need help having only two working for the entire school (three, if Hisao is there too)

if Hisao is there, I'll be sure to send him a surprise whack-in-the-face for being a douche in some of the routes and endings regardless who he ends up with.
jsc_tidus

Post by jsc_tidus »

Hell yah for sure.. I'd go anywhere if i can undo some of my mistakes, making better life :D
Valtameri

Post by Valtameri »

Yeah i would, in a heartbeat!
It sits in silence
Eats away at me
It feeds like cancer
themocaw

Post by themocaw »

I'd go but only if I get to be Mutou.
MoonShadow

Post by MoonShadow »

I would, but not as Hisao. I don't want a life threatening disability like Arythmia, but if I were blind or deaf or something, I would definitely go there.
"If there can be no victory, then I will fight forever."
-Koth of the Hammer

"If you're not having fun, what's the point of living forever?"
-An unknown vampire

You can spot a werewolf-infested town by its lack of butcher shops.

Don't underestimate the aerodynamic qualities of the common goblin.
hickwarrior

Post by hickwarrior »

I'd go there, if only for the scenery that's over there. Or maybe just live at the town over there, it seems really peaceful.

Still, I don't think I could live with arrhythmia. Maybe if I had some other disability, like being blind or deaf, like someone else said. But I'm not sure at all at how they deal with autistic people.
Meh, I just liked how the location sounded in my mind. I'm not really into sailing myself.
Eraser35

Post by Eraser35 »

I assume we all get sweater-vests