Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

NoOne3

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by NoOne3 »

Goals are important. My goal so far is to be able some day, to run 5km from the poster in a slow, steady pace, and not cough out my lungs afterwards.
Yup, have to make goals small, and achievable. I can't believe how well the poster-schedule suits me for that.

But when I see someone bragging, a 30min run doesn't do anything for him, I can only wonder. Running is very adaptable exercise, since you can always run faster.
I never meant any specific time frame, just pushing further.
Maakasu_Taihaku

Post by Maakasu_Taihaku »

I am trying to build my endurance before i start running, well build it the best way i can..

I know ur suppose to work out every other day... but do they do that in the military?

I am going to work out everyday(not insane amounts) just enough. If i feel any real pain then i'll rotate XD
Hanako....can't stop thinking about her.....
HurricaneHarvey

Post by HurricaneHarvey »

NoOne3 wrote:Goals are important. My goal so far is to be able some day, to run 5km from the poster in a slow, steady pace, and not cough out my lungs afterwards.
Yup, have to make goals small, and achievable. I can't believe how well the poster-schedule suits me for that.

But when I see someone bragging, a 30min run doesn't do anything for him, I can only wonder. Running is very adaptable exercise, since you can always run faster.
I never meant any specific time frame, just pushing further.
Its not that it doesn't do anything for me. Its hard as hell, afterwords walking back to my car can be pretty funny sometimes on wobbly legs. The problem is I dont feel worn out anymore later in the day and that makes me feel like I am not trying hard enough anymore even though I dont have much left to give at the time. It used to be I felt a little weak in the legs for several hours after, now its not even half an hour before I feel ok again; which doesn't feel right.
Last edited by HurricaneHarvey on Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry for my grammar and spelling. I am not very good at those...

Post by Guest »

It should do - surely it means your system is recovering faster and becoming fitter?
FissionXMailed

Post by FissionXMailed »

Maakasu_Taihaku wrote:I am trying to build my endurance before i start running, well build it the best way i can..

I know ur suppose to work out every other day... but do they do that in the military?

I am going to work out everyday(not insane amounts) just enough. If i feel any real pain then i'll rotate XD
You don't need to start at a fast running pace. Just a light jog/brisk walk to bring up your heart rate to a certain level (Can't remember how to calculate the recommended BPM) for it to be beneficial for you. 8)

I can't say about the military, but it is recommended to workout every other day so your body can regain energy and rest up from working out the previous day. It would make sense for the military to do this but can't say for sure as I have no experience in the military.

I personally workout myself on Mon, Wed, and Fri and rest the day (and weekends :lol: ) after I workout. However I do some jogging for cardio everyday for 20 mins.

But just don't overdo it. Start off small and slowly increase your pace to find your known limit and work up from there.
94% Collected (Only have done Good endings.)
(1st) Emi: Done
(2nd) Hanako: Done
(3rd) Shizune: Done
(4th) Rin: Done
(5th) Lilly: Done
Got the "feels"? Click here for a resolve.
Maakasu_Taihaku

FissionXMailed wrote:
Maakasu_Taihaku wrote:I am trying to build my endurance before i start running, well build it the best way i can..

You don't need to start at a fast running pace. Just a light jog/brisk walk to bring up your heart rate to a certain level (Can't remember how to calculate the recommended BPM) for it to be beneficial for you. 8)

I can't say about the military, but it is recommended to workout every other day so your body can regain energy and rest up from working out the previous day. It would make sense for the military to do this but can't say for sure as I have no experience in the military.

I personally workout myself on Mon, Wed, and Fri and rest the day (and weekends :lol: ) after I workout. However I do some jogging for cardio everyday for 20 mins.

But just don't overdo it. Start off small and slowly increase your pace to find your known limit and work up from there.
Well okay i just wanted results quicker XD lol
i'll try my best
ForLackofaBetterName

Post by ForLackofaBetterName »

FissionXMailed wrote:

To address the unanswered question, yes and no (mostly no) for the military. It's really broad based on your job and what branch you're in, and (I would assume) different countries do it differently.
In my case, I'm in the U.S. Air Force and I'm in a deploying communications squadron. Basically, a network manager on-the-go. Every squadron does something different. Our squadron only PT's twice a week, and the shop I work in does one more just for us. A bunch of us work out on our own though anyways (I have a completely independent workout routine). I do a 6 day a week workout, with one total rest day, and the other days working different things (so technically rest days for the parts I'm not really working). Now some jobs like PJs or Seals you can expect they'll be working out like crazy damn near every day of the week! (But since I'm not one I can't comment too much further than that ;) )

Fission is very right too! Ease into it. Both with overall workout routines and individual workout sessions, people tend to drop out of them quickly if they go "balls-to-the-wall" from the beginning.
Right now my run days are Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday (running anywhere from 2 to 7 miles on those days). On Saturdays I do a standard triathlon for myself, so the run gets worked into that. On Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays I do strength, but I don't lift weights a lot. Mainly I stick with push-ups, different kind of abs, pull ups, or just body weight only types of exercises. My MMA/TKD training is sporadically throughout the week.
If I had started this routine that I'm at now like 1 or 2 years ago and gone right into it, I would have died! XD. I slowly worked into this and added different things along the way. I still even now change it up something like every 2 weeks to keep it interesting.

Good luck on it and just be patient! You'll get the results you want in time. Just remember that you can make it fun, find things you don't mind doing (like for me, I love swimming... so I swim!) and do them! Good luck!
I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.
Maakasu_Taihaku

ForLackofaBetterName wrote:
FissionXMailed wrote:

To address the unanswered question, yes and no (mostly no) for the military. It's really broad based on your job and what branch you're in, and (I would assume) different countries do it differently.
In my case, I'm in the U.S. Air Force and I'm in a deploying communications squadron. Basically, a network manager on-the-go. Every squadron does something different. Our squadron only PT's twice a week, and the shop I work in does one more just for us. A bunch of us work out on our own though anyways (I have a completely independent workout routine). I do a 6 day a week workout, with one total rest day, and the other days working different things (so technically rest days for the parts I'm not really working). Now some jobs like PJs or Seals you can expect they'll be working out like crazy damn near every day of the week! (But since I'm not one I can't comment too much further than that ;) )

Fission is very right too! Ease into it. Both with overall workout routines and individual workout sessions, people tend to drop out of them quickly if they go "balls-to-the-wall" from the beginning.
Right now my run days are Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday (running anywhere from 2 to 7 miles on those days). On Saturdays I do a standard triathlon for myself, so the run gets worked into that. On Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays I do strength, but I don't lift weights a lot. Mainly I stick with push-ups, different kind of abs, pull ups, or just body weight only types of exercises. My MMA/TKD training is sporadically throughout the week.
If I had started this routine that I'm at now like 1 or 2 years ago and gone right into it, I would have died! XD. I slowly worked into this and added different things along the way. I still even now change it up something like every 2 weeks to keep it interesting.

Good luck on it and just be patient! You'll get the results you want in time. Just remember that you can make it fun, find things you don't mind doing (like for me, I love swimming... so I swim!) and do them! Good luck!

Thanks for the input (^_^), i see what you mean.

I do like biking but no bike XD, and as for pull ups not many places i can do that without people staring, i use weights and i do push ups, and i think im doing squats right lmao, i'll try to be paitent,....
ForLackofaBetterName

Post by ForLackofaBetterName »

Maakasu_Taihaku wrote:Thanks for the input (^_^), i see what you mean.

I do like biking but no bike XD, and as for pull ups not many places i can do that without people staring, i use weights and i do push ups, and i think im doing squats right lmao, i'll try to be paitent,....
Well, you could always go with a stationary bike (I have to do it right now for my Saturdays since I don't have a bike here yet). That being said, stationary bikes can't really compare to normal ones >_<

And you could always get a pull up bar! (They can be relatively cheap).

Well there you go, start with that stuff. As you go on maybe you'll see something else and decide to give it a try. It's not illegal to change your mind about how you want to work out after you start. It's how I find some of my best ones!

And I'm probably one of the most impatient and scatterbrained people I know, so I feel ya ;)
I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.
Maakasu_Taihaku

ForLackofaBetterName wrote:
Maakasu_Taihaku wrote:Thanks for the input (^_^), i see what you mean.

Well, you could always go with a stationary bike (I have to do it right now for my Saturdays since I don't have a bike here yet). That being said, stationary bikes can't really compare to normal ones >_<

And you could always get a pull up bar! (They can be relatively cheap).

Well there you go, start with that stuff. As you go on maybe you'll see something else and decide to give it a try. It's not illegal to change your mind about how you want to work out after you start. It's how I find some of my best ones!

And I'm probably one of the most impatient and scatterbrained people I know, so I feel ya ;)

Hmm i'll look into the stationary bike(are they cheaper than real wons?) and Pull up bars, u can place those anywhere right? well anyways narrow enough.
Well i'll try my best, just wish i had someone to depend on as they would depend on me.... Emi speaks true it would make things easier
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

Hmm, i've been thinking to start running again before KS, but now thanks to the fastest thing on no legs i might actually start again. I used to run with my brother but he moved out now and it really is a lot more boring if you run on your own and i'm sure i'll just stop running again after a few weeks if i have to do it alone.
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

Maakasu_Taihaku wrote:Hmm i'll look into the stationary bike(are they cheaper than real wons?)
Stationary bikes are boring. With the real bike you get to see other places. You can use it as a personal short range transportation device, too. Get a used bicycle, a real one, they aren't that expensive. If you want to, you can write me a PM if you find something, so I can check out if the machine is worth the money.
The labyrinth of memories that is killing me
Maakasu_Taihaku

dunkelfalke wrote:
Maakasu_Taihaku wrote:Hmm i'll look into the stationary bike(are they cheaper than real wons?)
Stationary bikes are boring. With the real bike you get to see other places. You can use it as a personal short range transportation device, too. Get a used bicycle, a real one, they aren't that expensive. If you want to, you can write me a PM if you find something, so I can check out if the machine is worth the money.

first, Ones* not wons lol sorry for miss spell.

I guess your right, the points are very valid. Any brands you would recommend that are worth the price or cheaper side but just as good
Zig_Zac

Post by Zig_Zac »

Damn... the first time played this, I got Emi's route, and even before the end of her story, I told my wife I think I should take up running... just because, and she had no idea where that came from, but said we should start by taking walks in the evening first... Lol!

Instead, I starting a proper workout, cardio and weight lifting... but I think I might try running eventually.. just damn these weak knees and ankles... but that didn't stop Emi, nothing did... :)
Maakasu_Taihaku

Fastest thing on no legs ;)