What else made you cry?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Elrood

Re: What else made you cry?

Post by Elrood »

Major Spoiler for the end of Clannad After Story! Don't read it if you haven't watched the whole series yet!
fcd15 wrote: oh yeah, those two were real dehydrators. takes two hearts of stone not to cry like a baby there.
last ep absolutely killed me, though.
Yeah me too, but mainly because I called bullshit at the end. I mean everything was just fine and dandy. And why? Magic, plot-convenience whatever. For me the show ended after ep 19, (Still After Story).
encrypted12345

Post by encrypted12345 »

Elrood wrote:Major Spoiler for the end of Clannad After Story! Don't read it if you haven't watched the whole series yet!
fcd15 wrote: oh yeah, those two were real dehydrators. takes two hearts of stone not to cry like a baby there.
last ep absolutely killed me, though.
Yeah me too, but mainly because I called bullshit at the end. I mean everything was just fine and dandy. And why? Magic, plot-convenience whatever. For me the show ended after ep 19, (Still After Story).
According to the VN at least, Tomoya who was also the mechanical doll had to gather the power of happiness across alternate universes so he could prevent Nagisa from dying. This means the player had to go through everyone's route (6 non-Nagisa romantic routes, 2 bromance routes, and one old teacher route) and several side-plots in the afterstory of the VN and find the lights of happiness that appear once you finish that route or sideplot. You then replay the part about Ushio's birth and use happiness power to save her and her mom. Not sure how the anime handled that.
Elrood

Post by Elrood »

encrypted12345 wrote:According to the VN at least, Tomoya who was also the mechanical doll had to gather the power of happiness across alternate universes so he could prevent Nagisa from dying. This means the player had to go through everyone's route (6 non-Nagisa romantic routes, 2 bromance routes, and one old teacher route) and several side-plots in the afterstory of the VN and find the lights of happiness that appear once you finish that route or sideplot. You then replay the part about Ushio's birth and use happiness power to save her and her mom. Not sure how the anime handled that.
I know I've played the Visual Novel. In the anime you will sometimes see these orbs but aside from some slap-stick everything felt kind of real. But then all of a sudden they pull this happy-magic-power-crap. (If I think about it there is also Fuko and that's completely super natural, I have to admit). Sure there has always been this unknown girl along with her roboter friend but I couldn't have cared less about those two. I just liked After Story so much for its believable drama. You know getting a job, taking care of your family, looking for an apartment, problems involving birth etc. Just how life sometimes is cruel and a learning experience but then everything was alright and they lived happily ever after. I think I just take this whole thing too seriously. But enough about that, bottom line is I didn't like the ending of Clannad because it felt cheap. There is more I could say to that, but that doesn't really have antyhing to do with this thread so I'll leave it at that.
quellsnarg

Post by quellsnarg »

mimo23 wrote: 1. "Attack and fall" from Philip's Glass opera "Akhnaten".

--
Sorry for my English.
A+ taste in music
Shizune >>> Emi > Rin = Hanako >> Lilly
fcd15

Post by fcd15 »

Elrood wrote:
encrypted12345 wrote:According to the VN at least, Tomoya who was also the mechanical doll had to gather the power of happiness across alternate universes so he could prevent Nagisa from dying. This means the player had to go through everyone's route (6 non-Nagisa romantic routes, 2 bromance routes, and one old teacher route) and several side-plots in the afterstory of the VN and find the lights of happiness that appear once you finish that route or sideplot. You then replay the part about Ushio's birth and use happiness power to save her and her mom. Not sure how the anime handled that.
I know I've played the Visual Novel. In the anime you will sometimes see these orbs but aside from some slap-stick everything felt kind of real. But then all of a sudden they pull this happy-magic-power-crap. (If I think about it there is also Fuko and that's completely super natural, I have to admit). Sure there has always been this unknown girl along with her roboter friend but I couldn't have cared less about those two. I just liked After Story so much for its believable drama. You know getting a job, taking care of your family, looking for an apartment, problems involving birth etc. Just how life sometimes is cruel and a learning experience but then everything was alright and they lived happily ever after. I think I just take this whole thing too seriously. But enough about that, bottom line is I didn't like the ending of Clannad because it felt cheap. There is more I could say to that, but that doesn't really have antyhing to do with this thread so I'll leave it at that.
That's cruel. But I've seen a few other people who share the same thought.
I wouldn't change a thing about it, though. It was everything I wanted it to be. Don't care if it's cliché and kind of a lazy magical cheap ending, but I know a lot of people do.
Yellow 13

Post by Yellow 13 »

Cowboy bebop's ending

When the war, has been won
And our march home begins
What awaits has not yet been revealed
What was won? what was lost?
Will our deeds be remembered?
Are they written on stone or in sand?

Plasma_Jesus

Post by Plasma_Jesus »

MGS3, MGS4, Once Upon a Time in the West, the Kotor 2 screenshot LP, and the Revan book.
TRUE Force. All the king's men cannot put it back together again...yes, I'm saying that we should take Australia...
Elrood

Post by Elrood »

Plasma_Jesus wrote:MGS3, MGS4
Those are some "manly" tears titles if I may say so.
themocaw

Post by themocaw »

Yellow 13 wrote:Cowboy bebop's ending
. . . see ya, space cowboy.
NinjaHotline

Post by NinjaHotline »

I watched Clannad & Clannad After Story after reading this thread. It's the most I've cried watching anything.
Ever.
"He has a sword. He might also kill bears."
<3 Jigoro
yipyapper

Post by yipyapper »

The Macho Man posts that came on recently made me cry out of laughter if that counts. That was hilarious.

100th post. WATDO
"OH GAWD MY DRILLS"
...What? Not a real quote? Oh well, it's Yipyapper's quote now.
"Google will rule the world soon. Accept them now before it's too late."
~Yipyapper
odnsfvn

Post by odnsfvn »

yipyapper wrote:The guitar solos for:
Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd
Stairway to Heaven by Led Zeppelin
Freebird by Lynyrd Skynyrd
Exactly!!! Thats it! I didn't know someone else would actually have something like this.

Comfortably Numbs Solo in Earls Court, 20.10.1994...
When the large sphere opens, I cannot see anything anymore.

Dear Sir, I love your music taste!
yipyapper

Post by yipyapper »

odnsfvn wrote:
yipyapper wrote:The guitar solos for:
Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd
Stairway to Heaven by Led Zeppelin
Freebird by Lynyrd Skynyrd
Exactly!!! Thats it! I didn't know someone else would actually have something like this.

Comfortably Numbs Solo in Earls Court, 20.10.1994...
When the large sphere opens, I cannot see anything anymore.

Dear Sir, I love your music taste!
And to you, dear sir, I love your love for my love and tastes in music!
"OH GAWD MY DRILLS"
...What? Not a real quote? Oh well, it's Yipyapper's quote now.
"Google will rule the world soon. Accept them now before it's too late."
~Yipyapper
OpusEponymous

Post by OpusEponymous »

-
Last edited by OpusEponymous on Sat May 31, 2014 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
We are shadows of the dying sun.
ChibaMasaya

Post by ChibaMasaya »

The Rohirrim charge at Lord of the rings!