Is there a path on Hanako's that doesn't approach H-scene?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

UncleJellyfish

Re: Is there a path on Hanako's that doesn't approach H-scen

Post by UncleJellyfish »

newnar wrote:Actually I posted that to hope that this endless, meaningless banter over the h-scene in Hanako's arc can end ONCE AND FOR ALL.

Everytime you guys argue it just makes me really pissed off because I know I have my stand and I know that everyone has everyone's stand and there is no right answer but seeing your posts makes me wanna argue back but I don't wanna do that not really just that I know that it's pointless but because I want to protect what I think of Hanako so I have the urge to argue back and in the end it's just me trying to not get myself butthurt then someone on the forum will post "please don't b butthurt" then I dunno what to do. Fuck me.
You claim to be a Hanako fan, and yet your post here sounds like something Rin♥ would say (Similar to her long-winded sentence/rant in Act 2's Dandelions.).
I'm a Jellyfish that just so happens to be someone's Uncle.
Rin♥ > Hanako > Shizune/Lilly > Emi
My Katawa Shoujo Impressions.
Katawa Shoujo - Written Novel Project
I hate spoiler tags, so I will never use them in discussion. If you don't want me to spoil something for you, then don't read what I write.
newnar

Post by newnar »

Being a Hanako fan has got nothing to do with how I talk. Imagine a male Rin who secretly likes Hanako.
UncleJellyfish

Post by UncleJellyfish »

newnar wrote:Being a Hanako fan has got nothing to do with how I talk. Imagine a male Rin who secretly likes Hanako.
Touche.
I'm a Jellyfish that just so happens to be someone's Uncle.
Rin♥ > Hanako > Shizune/Lilly > Emi
My Katawa Shoujo Impressions.
Katawa Shoujo - Written Novel Project
I hate spoiler tags, so I will never use them in discussion. If you don't want me to spoil something for you, then don't read what I write.
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

Imagine a male Rin who secretly likes Hanako.

But getting back to the point.
I'm afraid its not really possible to find some middle ground here. We all have our own views on the whole thing, concerning the participants as well.
Guest Poster wrote:No doubt Hanako's route would have been less controversial if the white knight trope had been played straight instead of deconstructed
Less controversial my ass. :D It wouldn't be half the story it became (Yeah, I know you feel the same, just wanted to get somewhat rhetorical).
encrypted12345

Post by encrypted12345 »

Guest Poster wrote: No doubt Hanako's route would have been less controversial if the white knight trope had been played straight instead of deconstructed, so the player could have felt good and happy feels while coaxing Hanako out of her shell with a Lilly-esque romance story, but personally I'm glad the devs didn't go down that road with her.
I second this. The white knight trope so prevalent in romance stories especially in VNs that it needed to be deconstructed.
newnar

Post by newnar »

Damn and I thought I killed it.
Rivan

Post by Rivan »

newnar wrote:Damn and I thought I killed it.
You can never kill it. It's like burning a phoenix and expecting it not to raise from the ashes!
Progress : Lilly - finished (Good ending), Hanako - finished (good ending), Rin - finished (Good ending), Shizune - finished (Bad ending), Emi - Finished (good ending)

Lilly=Rin > Hanako > Emi=Misha > Shizune
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

newnar wrote:Damn and I thought I killed it.
If you don't like a discussion, don't enter a thread about it.
techk8

Post by techk8 »

The point here is that the only reason the H-scene wasn't as romantic as we thought is because it was romantic, the story will be immediately finished. Only through that painful awkward H-scene were we able to observe more of Hanako's and Hisao's characters.
techk8 wrote:In all honestly, I don't care if it's an OVA or a whole series; it needs to end with the Lilly Good End, damnit! IT'S FUCKING CANON AND I'LL TAKE THAT TRUTH TO THE GRAVE.
[10:59] <@cpl_crud> Penises aren't spoilers; they are just disappointing in general
KSmaniac

Post by KSmaniac »

Hey guys I'm going to make a Term paper about this...

Topic: "The most effective plot for Hanako"

Objectives:

1.) To be able to know the causes and effects on her activities.
2.) To be able to know how to deal a girl with problems by not engaging sex.
3.) To be able to know the difference between reality and game.
4.) To be able to know on how we dislike her H-scene!!.
5.) To be able to know how to drag more fans.

My prof gonna love it..
newnar

Post by newnar »

Gonna have to define "effective".

Effective to who? Hisao? Us? Hanako? 4LS?

Effective in what way? Happiness? Monetary gains? Growth in social skills? Ability to relate to others?

Oh God why do I just keep adding fuel to the fire?
KSmaniac

Post by KSmaniac »

newnar wrote:Gonna have to define "effective".

Effective to who? Hisao? Us? Hanako? 4LS?

Effective in what way? Happiness? Monetary gains? Growth in social skills? Ability to relate to others?

Oh God why do I just keep adding fuel to the fire?
Effectiveness is the capability of producing a desired result. When something is deemed effective, it means it has an intended or expected outcome, or produces a deep, vivid impression.

Etymology:
The origin of the word "effective" stems from the Latin word effectīvus, which means creative, productive or effective. It surfaced in Middle English between 1300-1400 A.D

Usage:
In mathematics, effective is sometimes used as a synonym of algorithmically computable.
In physics, an effective theory is, similar to a phenomenological theory, a framework intended to explain certain (observed) effects without the claim that the theory correctly models the underlying (unobserved) processes.
In heat transfer, effectiveness is a measure of the performance of a heat exchanger when using the NTU method.
In medicine, effectiveness relates to how well a treatment works in practice, as opposed to efficacy, which measures how well it works in clinical trials or laboratory studies.
In management, effectiveness relates to getting the right things done. Peter Drucker reminds us that effectiveness can and must be learned.”.

In human–computer interaction, effectiveness is defined as “the accuracy and completeness of users’ tasks while using a system”.

So prof.., isn't that enough?
newnar

Post by newnar »

No because you're just transferring the problem of definition from the word "effective" to the word "desired".

Desired by who? Desired for what purpose?
KSmaniac

Post by KSmaniac »

newnar wrote:No because you're just transferring the problem of definition from the word "effective" to the word "desired".

Desired by who? Desired for what purpose?
I am now asking the question.. How will you make your coffee tastier?
newnar

Post by newnar »

I dunno it has to depend on the state of my coffee from the start and my mood when I am drinking it.