Has KS somehow influenced your life?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

alien.marksman

Re: Has KS somehow influenced your life?

Post by alien.marksman »

Changed:
Started Middle Distance Cross Country running again (Was using old Foot and Ankle injuries as an excuse to be lazy)
Started focusing more on my own long term goals
Making conscientious efforts to be more organised and better at time management
Quit smoking (Hopefully for good this time)
Severely reduced my alcohol consumption

Didn't change:
Codeine (Sorry.. I doubt I'll ever shake this one.. It's the only thing that works that doesn't make me nauseous)
Drinking Above Average levels of Coffee (I don't have a problem WITH caffeine, I have a problem WITHOUT caffeine)
For Queen and Country
PyramidSong

Re: Has KS somehow influenced your life?

Post by PyramidSong »

KS has just made me want to be a better person in general. It has really changed my outlook on alot of things for the better. And I'm going to start running again soon thanks to Emi. :D
There was nothing to fear, nothing to doubt.
Brisingr

After reading KS, do you do anything different?

Post by Brisingr »

What I mean is this, is there something that reading KS caused you to do differently than what you did before reading?

A few examples, after reading Rin's arc, I noticed doing more things with my feet... Such as opening doors or turning the light switch on or off.
After reading Shizune's arc, I tend to leave the closed captions for my tv on when I watch something.
After Emi's arc, I started going to the treadmill more.
I haven't done anything different in regards to Lilly or Hanako yet but I plan to re-read them next so who knows.

I was just curious if any KS readers have noticed something similar, I know after reading the forums that some people hit the gym more after reading Emi's like I did.
extremepiwy

Re: After reading KS, do you do anything different?

Post by extremepiwy »

After I finished Emi's route, I started running outdoors to stay more healthier. As for Lilly, I decided to try tea again after being so curious about it (I haven't drank tea in almost half a decade), after about two cups, I started drinking tea more often but not as much as Lilly as I still prefer my good ol' coffee.

I didn't really change after completing Rin's arc but it made me think about how people with no legs deal with everyday situations.
"WAHAHAHA!~"
UncleJellyfish

Post by UncleJellyfish »

After reading Rin's♥ arc, I started writing poetry again. I stopped a couple years ago, so it feels quite nice to be able to put pen to paper once more. Also, like the OP, I'm more consciously aware of things that I do with my feet, like opening doors or taking my socks off, than I was before (yes, I can take my socks off without my hands).
I'm a Jellyfish that just so happens to be someone's Uncle.
Rin♥ > Hanako > Shizune/Lilly > Emi
My Katawa Shoujo Impressions.
Katawa Shoujo - Written Novel Project
I hate spoiler tags, so I will never use them in discussion. If you don't want me to spoil something for you, then don't read what I write.
Tezzeret

Post by Tezzeret »

Rin's arc has gotten me wanting to write again. I lost my muse years ago and i think it's a good time to try my hand at it again.
nemo

Post by nemo »

When people aren't around, I try to close my eyes and do my work (ex. shower, eat, moving around, unlocking my apartment, etc.). I used to do this before, but no as much. It's really a different world since the pace of everything slows down.
Titus

Post by Titus »

Shizune's route got me working harder than usual, and by that I mean finding extra work even though I don't have to :wink:
What if life had a soundtrack similar to Katawa Shoujo's ?
FissionXMailed

Post by FissionXMailed »

Only thing is playing Emi's route motivated my workouts more.
94% Collected (Only have done Good endings.)
(1st) Emi: Done
(2nd) Hanako: Done
(3rd) Shizune: Done
(4th) Rin: Done
(5th) Lilly: Done
Got the "feels"? Click here for a resolve.
Murex

Post by Murex »

Brisingr wrote:
A few examples, after reading Rin's arc, I noticed doing more things with my feet... Such as opening doors or turning the light switch on or off.
I also did this after playing Rin's route in the demo (trying to pick stuff up with my feet). I read a comment on YouTube by someone who claimed to have learned to hold a fork with their feet after playing her route. More recently, finishing Rin's route in the full game got me drawing again.

And yeah, I started drinking more tea after playing Lilly's route. She makes it seem like the ultimate beverage of high class (which I guess it is).
myshoesarebrown

Post by myshoesarebrown »

I haven't really done anything differently... at least, not consciously. I prefer coffee over tea, and already drink more than what's recommended for any human per day. Didn't take up running. There was a time I did try running. You know that chart with a long term running plan, with Emi on it? I used the original version of that looooong ago, before Emi was on it. Just boring old numbers and stick guys.

I remember how I enjoyed it, because I actually saw that I was making progress. Even when I was only able to run 5 minutes straight, it was amazing, because not long before that I could only go around 30 seconds. Then one day, I got sick. Bronchitis, to be exact. I have this... tendency to get bronchitis ALL THE TIME. Tried running. Not a good idea. So I rested for about a week while I got better, and the habit was broken. I never got around to trying again. I've considered it, but I know I'd have to start all over. And after all the progress I had originally made, the thought of being so bad at it repels me.

Maybe that'd go better in that Emi running topic. But on topic, Hanako didn't make me do anything different. In fact, I've been eating LESS chocolate. Shizune only revived my raging desire to play Risk. I've got a pretty board and everything. BUT NOBODY I KNOW WANTS TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY.

Rin didn't make me start doing more with my feet, though I kind of already did before. I have this thing where, if I want to read long articles or forum topics at my computer, I'll lean back and just use my toes to operate my keyboard. I can't really type, but I can move the page with the arrows, refresh the page, and even alt+tab.
My shoes aren't actually brown. Well, one pair is, but I mostly wear grey ones.

Post by Guest »

Yeah, after Hanako's route, I joined the fire-juggling club at school.
Chronopolize

Post by Chronopolize »

nemo wrote:When people aren't around, I try to close my eyes and do my work (ex. shower, eat, moving around, unlocking my apartment, etc.). I used to do this before, but no as much. It's really a different world since the pace of everything slows down.
I did that during a speaker lecture recently. I was dead tired at the time and was closing my eyes anyways, so I decided to listen intently (the topic was pretty interesting, granted) for the next 15 minutes with my eyes closed. It's pretty cool panning your head slightly with your eyes to follow the speaker. You wonder how accurate you are. Most of all, when you finally open your eyes, it's overwhelming how much sensory input there is. The only thing I was a bit worried about was it could be rude, but if people don't really care/ you are subtle/ you are already shutting your eyes. Plus from a objective standpoint you ARE actually paying attention. It's fun trying things like that when you get the chance. A unique experience, that's for sure.
UncleJellyfish

Post by UncleJellyfish »

myshoesarebrown wrote:Shizune only revived my raging desire to play Risk. I've got a pretty board and everything. BUT NOBODY I KNOW WANTS TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY.
I'll play Risk with you. I'm in the same boat, honestly. Love the game, but nobody plays it. D:
I'm a Jellyfish that just so happens to be someone's Uncle.
Rin♥ > Hanako > Shizune/Lilly > Emi
My Katawa Shoujo Impressions.
Katawa Shoujo - Written Novel Project
I hate spoiler tags, so I will never use them in discussion. If you don't want me to spoil something for you, then don't read what I write.
myshoesarebrown

Post by myshoesarebrown »

UncleJellyfish wrote:
myshoesarebrown wrote:Shizune only revived my raging desire to play Risk. I've got a pretty board and everything. BUT NOBODY I KNOW WANTS TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY.
I'll play Risk with you. I'm in the same boat, honestly. Love the game, but nobody plays it. D:
Sounds nice, but apparently you are in the Pacific Ocean, and I am in Oklahoma. It simply cannot happen. And we can't play online because there are no computers in the Pacific Ocean. Frankly I don't know how you posted.
My shoes aren't actually brown. Well, one pair is, but I mostly wear grey ones.