Hideako Hakamichi
0%
Hisao Nakai
0%

Total votes: 587

uwa

Re: POLL: So many to pick from...

Post by uwa »

Hanako is very attractive, but I think she's overrated. Misha is underrated (assuming she would date guys, of course). Hanako has shown the tendency to bottle stuff up and explode, and her reserved nature means that it might be hard to tell when she's doing it. In the long run, even Rin would probably be easier to deal with. Even if you didn't understand her, you could learn to read her. She doesn't hide much, she just expresses it unusually.

Misha, on the other hand, is pretty straightforward. She lacks the refinement of Lilly, but she seems to have similar patience and sweetness, and when she's unhappy about something you know it. She just has the misfortune of appearing in a game alongside Lilly and Emi.

Of course, in the real world I would probably fall hard for a woman like Hanako, whereas I might not be able to recognize the appeal of Misha as quickly. But stepping back and looking at it objectively, for a relationship Misha > Hanako.
Emi > Lilly > Misha > Hanako = Rin > Shizune... I might just prefer women who put out a lot.
Mind-stickiness: Hanako > Misha = Shizune > Rin > Emi > Lilly
Maakasu_Taihaku

Post by Maakasu_Taihaku »

Misha is a adorable. lol she has her perks, weird seeing her before her Pink hair. though shes cute either way hahah

I came here though, not realising how many people like Hanako as well.... XD

I didn't know so many like her.....Not saying theres not a reason for that. But i came in here with my own opinions and un affected by others opinions.

So i know I feel this love for Hanako on my own accord....

anyone else realise at times her scars look more real, and other times although fits the scene and are less real?i know its the art direction on the scenes and story, and i know it varies depending on the situation as well, but yea at times her scars are stylised, but at other times they look more like what those scars would be like on a person. Either way shes still beautiful on the inside and out.... i only noticed this going back, most of the time truthfully during the story i was looking at her eyes and who she was :)

But yeah... lol
Hanako....can't stop thinking about her.....
youka

Post by youka »

woah dude, that's some killer bond you got there.... lol, but i get where you're coming from :D
Hanako Dash - what REAL MEN do when they're bored: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5547 :D
- -youka
Maakasu_Taihaku

youka wrote:woah dude, that's some killer bond you got there.... lol, but i get where you're coming from :D
lol XD thanks
Rivan

Post by Rivan »

Maakasu_Taihaku wrote:Misha is a adorable. lol she has her perks, weird seeing her before her Pink hair. though shes cute either way hahah

I didn't know so many like her.....Not saying theres not a reason for that. But i came in here with my own opinions and un affected by others opinions.

anyone else realise at times her scars look more real, and other times although fits the scene and are less real?i know its the art direction on the scenes and story, and i know it varies depending on the situation as well, but yea at times her scars are stylised, but at other times they look more like what those scars would be like on a person. Either way shes still beautiful on the inside and out.... i only noticed this going back, most of the time truthfully during the story i was looking at her eyes and who she was :)

But yeah... lol
Actually given both the tendency of White Knighting when gaming and the tendency to go for the shy, adorable characters I was pretty sure Hanako would be in the top flight from act I onward.
What I didn't expect is Lilly totally trashing Shizune in terms of the number of fans.

Although, just because someone would date Lilly doesn't mean he is a Lilly fan. I guess she's just more acceptable, approachable and easier to deal with than other main girls (save for Emi). Not every Hanako fan would like to deal with those problems in reality, same goes for Rin fans. Shizune may piss off more people than you'd expect :D
Progress : Lilly - finished (Good ending), Hanako - finished (good ending), Rin - finished (Good ending), Shizune - finished (Bad ending), Emi - Finished (good ending)

Lilly=Rin > Hanako > Emi=Misha > Shizune
Maakasu_Taihaku

Rivan wrote:
Maakasu_Taihaku wrote:Misha is a adorable. lol she has her perks, weird seeing her before her Pink hair. though shes cute either way hahah

But yeah... lol
Although, just because someone would date Lilly doesn't mean he is a Lilly fan. I guess she's just more acceptable, approachable and easier to deal with than other main girls (save for Emi). Not every Hanako fan would like to deal with those problems in reality, same goes for Rin fans. Shizune may piss off more people than you'd expect :D

ya i would probably date someone like Lilly, but my heart goes to Hanako XD if they were both there, or someone like them, then I would choose Hanako, but the idea of dating someone like lilly is definally acceptable in alot of ways.

As for thw Hite knight thing ya i guess i can see that, but i didn't sign up for the boards until after the story, and this was my first VN. Just saying i had no biased approach to it. I wwent in with a open mind
Rivan

Post by Rivan »

Maakasu_Taihaku wrote:
Rivan wrote:

But yeah... lol

ya i would probably date someone like Lilly, but my heart goes to Hanako XD if they were both there, or someone like them, then I would choose Hanako, but the idea of dating someone like lilly is definally acceptable in alot of ways.

As for thw Hite knight thing ya i guess i can see that, but i didn't sign up for the boards until after the story, and this was my first VN. Just saying i had no biased approach to it. I wwent in with a open mind

Exactly my point. Myself, I adore Rin and Lilly about the same level, but I'd much rather date someone like Lilly than someone so complex and hard to connect with like Rin. I suppose if I were to make objective BUT less "informed" choices, I'd sooner date Hanako than Rin.

I wasn't suggesting you had white knight mentality, I only figured that many did when they first approached. I did so with an open mind and despite ending up with Emi, I kind of figured the best girl for me would be either Lilly or Hanako. Both confirmed my expectations, just that Rin hit far closer home in the full version than I'd ever expect.
Progress : Lilly - finished (Good ending), Hanako - finished (good ending), Rin - finished (Good ending), Shizune - finished (Bad ending), Emi - Finished (good ending)

Maakasu_Taihaku

Ah I see, i understand now. :D
Robnonymous

Post by Robnonymous »

Rivan wrote:I wasn't suggesting you had white knight mentality, I only figured that many did when they first approached.
I can both confirm and deny feeling like that when first meeting Hanako. I was certainly drawn to her, but more because I wanted to see what kind of person she really was (i.e. help her out of her shell) rather than protect her.
Bad Dreams (Hanako) - My first KS fanfic. it's actually a happy story
Reconciliation - (a Hanako bad-end story) - My second KS fanfic. Not all that happy.
Rivan

Post by Rivan »

Robnonymous wrote:
Rivan wrote:I wasn't suggesting you had white knight mentality, I only figured that many did when they first approached.
I can both confirm and deny feeling like that when first meeting Hanako. I was certainly drawn to her, but more because I wanted to see what kind of person she really was (i.e. help her out of her shell) rather than protect her.
Attraction to girls that are more shy or seem more fragile or even "damaged" may just a foundation for what is considered the white knight mentality.
I guess someone crosses the line when he decides suddenly that he is vital to another person's life and that person is better off listening to them or being under constant protection, effectively having all the challenges and choices of life taken by somebody else.

That is not really helping.

Genuine offer of support when someone seems to need it is not white knighting... I guess it's all right if you realized quickly enough that Hanako is a person that needs support and freedom, rather than protection and "guidance".

I myself was precisely pushed away from Hanako due to a lack of a strong protective instict. It'd just seem too much of a bother. I was really pleased that the "white knight" theme was deconstructed instead of promoted in her route.

Maakasu_Taihaku

Robnonymous wrote:
I understand that feeling, i wanted to get to know her more aswell, and understand her. Its one thing to protect someone and another to shield them. Shielding them only keeps them in their shell, protecting is being there when they need you, and supporting them when they don't, like what you said helping them out of their shell and supporting them doing so.

You can give protection while giving freedom, shielding them on the other hand... is restricting..

I felt also she needed space, i didnt mess up once on her story to her good path, i just went with my heart,gut and feelings about the situation
leechmaster

Re: So many to pick from...

Post by leechmaster »

A Humbled Fan wrote:Misha. She seems like a fun person to be around.
i agree she really grew on me her boisterous laugh and comical twist to most things won me over, altho its a tight call being lilly emi i am rather fond of as well
youka

Post by youka »

Maakasu_Taihaku wrote:I felt also she needed space
ha! i didn't, that's why i got punished with the heart-crushing failed ending of "get out my room!"ness :(

as for misha being fun to be around, i won't deny that, but there’s too much energy there. i prefer chilled out people, being super chilled myself. this is why hanako and lilly seem to be more of an attraction than any of the others (for me at least)
Hanako Dash - what REAL MEN do when they're bored: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5547 :D
- -youka
Tezzeret

Post by Tezzeret »

Honestly, Rin. It would be hard as hell to get along with her and understand her but something about her makes me want to be close to her all the time. It's like a disease i just couldn't stand to not be around her. I don't get that feel about the other girls. Trying to reach her would be a challenge and one i couldn't shy away from.
UncleJellyfish

Post by UncleJellyfish »

Tezzeret wrote:Honestly, Rin. It would be hard as hell to get along with her and understand her but something about her makes me want to be close to her all the time. It's like a disease i just couldn't stand to not be around her. I don't get that feel about the other girls. Trying to reach her would be a challenge and one i couldn't shy away from.
Well said, my MtG playing comrade. I felt pretty much the exact same way.
I'm a Jellyfish that just so happens to be someone's Uncle.
Rin♥ > Hanako > Shizune/Lilly > Emi
My Katawa Shoujo Impressions.
Katawa Shoujo - Written Novel Project
I hate spoiler tags, so I will never use them in discussion. If you don't want me to spoil something for you, then don't read what I write.