how i feel about ks

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

carlos21

how i feel about ks

Post by carlos21 »

playing katawa shoujo has made me that dispite the fact i have a disability i can do things like everyone else its an amazing thing when a game makes me cry and feel things iv never felt before its amazing this by faer is the only game that fouces on disability i wich thaere whaere more games as awsome as this
A Humbled Fan

Re: how i feel about ks

Post by A Humbled Fan »

We love hearing stories like that here. Thank your for sharing!

May I ask what disability you have?
carlos21

Post by carlos21 »

well it all started in 1990 i was born with cerebrel polsey and some blindness it was the age of 7 i learned to wailk it was really hard and painful for me since in the past iv been bound to a wheelchar it wasent untill i learnd to waik at age 7 that i started running and i loved then about 4 years later it was discoverd i had r.o.p witch effected how i see things in my life schooling wasent esey ether as it took eqipment witch was real high in price tech just to help me iv dreamed of being a normel guy that wasent stuck at a hight of 5.2 everyone tesed me no matter what school i was in my blindness forced my parents to transfer me to a place witch is almost like yamuko but for blind and deaf the other disabilitys dident come in till a group i was in welcomed all disabilitys to vsdb it was really cool but soon after i started feeling dipressed then it happed i was made fun of thaere as well it was so bad i was removed from the school placed back in public school whaere i meet some new freinds then out of nowhaere it was seid that a tv producshion class was going on in another school so yet agin i transferd even tho i graguated freed high but sadly i was let down by fake truths i coulednt see till it was to late thaere agin i was made fun of and tould i coulden do anything it was bad agin so i droped out and now im 21 at home jobless and sad but after playing ks i feel happy about being who i am and i feel great about being haere
MikeTheShadowSage

Post by MikeTheShadowSage »

Wow, Carlos, i never knew that... (Yes this is my first post everyone, but i know this guy.) Just proves that despite our Disabilities, were all BAdass ppl! (Yes i have a Disability too, but id rather not go into if atm). PS, i love this game too. Just started Lilly's Arc.
Paddy
Location: In wheat fields, which must be placed on the valley floor.

Post by Paddy »

Welcome to the forums, carlos. :) I hope for the best for your future.
I'm weary of the railway,
Poor Paddy works on the railway.

Блажен муж, иже не иде на совет нечестивых.
Blessed is the man, who walks not in the counsel of the wicked. (Psalm 1:1)
Got questions about God, Christianity, or the Catholic Church?
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

Hey, Carlos. Great to hear the game made you feel better! i know it can be hard sometimes, but we should never give up and enjoy everyday as much a possible. The people here are very supportive too, so if you ever need advice, or some supportive feedback you can always post here :)
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
Sin of my sins

Post by Sin of my sins »

Everyone tends to get down at times and that's when someone has to kick you back on the right track again. It's nice to hear that KS had a positive effect on your overall attitude. Anyways, welcome to the forums, I'm sure you'll find your spot in our mellow little KS community. :)
Tempester

Post by Tempester »

What is punctuation?
Mmm, crispy!

My avatar is from Muv-Luv.
Sethkowns

Post by Sethkowns »

Yeah, i agree with everything said. Even though i have brain damage that makes it so i cant see well at all and i dont have much long term memory, i learned i can still enjoy life.
"I was warned that he was not only invincible, but strong enough to probably destory the building with a punch, or at least knock over the painting hanging in the hallway." Hideaki

Favorite Routes in Order: 1. Hanako 2. Lily 3. Emi 4. Kenji 5. Rin 6. Shizune
Game completion: 100% and aiming to still redo everyone's route.
Favorite Girl: Hanako!!!!!!!!
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Tempester wrote:What is punctuation?
Uncalled for.
thenacho

Post by thenacho »

You are a terrible person.
Tempester

Post by Tempester »

metalangel wrote:Uncalled for.
thenacho wrote:You are a terrible person.
Welcome to the internet, the great world of intellectual freedom. Enjoy your stay.

Yo do I even need to explain why this whole exchange is out of line? Do we all have the intellectual freedom required to not be giant dicks?

Excellent. Play nice in the sandbox, kids.

-Hive
Last edited by TheHivemind on Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: What the fuck does intellectual freedom have to do with not being a jackass anyway? I think you meant 'freedom of speech.'
Mmm, crispy!

My avatar is from Muv-Luv.
megiddo

Post by megiddo »

thenacho

Post by thenacho »

Tempester wrote:
metalangel wrote:Uncalled for.
thenacho wrote:You are a terrible person.
Welcome to the internet, the great world of intellectual freedom. Enjoy your stay.
You don't have an excuse. You practically just yelled at a blind person for not reading that book you lent them.
megiddo

Post by megiddo »

That's a horrible analogy, nacho. Please come up with a better one. I'd like to hear more of what you have to say. :)