WIP Continuing the Lilly storyline, Any interest?

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

MikeNight

WIP Continuing the Lilly storyline, Any interest?

Post by MikeNight »

Of all the stories Lilly is the one that stuck with me most so I thought I would be fun to continue her and Hisao's story. I would be organizing the visual presentation aspects of the VN but here is the catch, it would be in video form. Since my talent lies first and foremost in video editing and motion graphics it's what comes most naturally to me. I don't really have the time to learn how to us the Ren'py Visual Novel engine at the moment so learning to do things I could easily do in Motion would be a big time sink. I can hit the ground running with motion and probably do a lot of things that Ren'Py can't. Here is an idea of some of the stuff I can do with Motion. I would however be trying to imitate the VN style as closely as I can.

I do have some ideas about the direction of the writing but it's always better to have more then one mind to bounce ideas off. I am only looking for people who are serious about trying to write a thoughtful continuation story. It could be released in an episodic fashion letting us continue and tell different stories. The project would need new sprite assets but would be labeled for what it is, a fan project and would always start by crediting and linking back to the orignal Katawa Shoujo site. Of course it would be free to all. Any artists are also more than welcome for new CG images. Voice acting is possible but would only be seriously thought about with the right voice actors.

Any interest?
Last edited by MikeNight on Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
youka

Re: WIP Continuing the Lilly storyline, Any interest?

Post by youka »

You have an interesting idea there, but I just thought I'd let you know the staff of KS probably wouldn't like this very much. I've been working on a fan game for a while now that made use of sprite assets and soundtrack from their game with full intention of giving credits where needed, and was still told by Suriko I'm not to use anything from the original game in mine. Dunno if this would count for what you're doing too. Well just thought I'd let you know. For a good idea of what to use in fan works of any sorts, just check out the game FAQ and the forum FAQ. Even PM Suriko, he's quite good with responding. And lastly, good luck with your project! :D
Hanako Dash - what REAL MEN do when they're bored: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5547 :D
- -youka
MikeNight

Post by MikeNight »

youka wrote:You have an interesting idea there, but I just thought I'd let you know the staff of KS probably wouldn't like this very much. I've been working on a fan game for a while now that made use of sprite assets and soundtrack from their game with full intention of giving credits where needed, and was still told by Suriko I'm not to use anything from the original game in mine. Dunno if this would count for what you're doing too. Well just thought I'd let you know. For a good idea of what to use in fan works of any sorts, just check out the game FAQ and the forum FAQ. Even PM Suriko, he's quite good with responding. And lastly, good luck with your project! :D

Thanks for the suggestion, and for the luck :wink: I wasn't sure who I should contact on the team. I sent Suriko a pm describing the situation and he just responded that he has no issue with it but using the original sprite assets is a no go. So now needing an artist is high on the priority list. Choices in the storyline could still be possible by using the annotation feature youtube offers.
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

Firstly, a very impressive youtube about Alice Returns. I'm not normally interested in art sketches about games, but the video managed to portray it very well.

If you're still looking for help, I'd be seriously interested to helping. I'm not much cop at video editting or sprite drawing, although have done my own part of writing and designing stories, and although used to do a bit of turning sketches into fully fledged computer drawings 5 years ago, if you were really stuck for an artist, I could possibly see how much of the old magic I can remember.

PM me if you would like my help.
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101