What else made you cry?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

gecko

Re: What else made you cry?

Post by gecko »

I won't mention music, or this post will be very long and I'll forget half of it, but about the rest:

UP: +1 for the marriage montage

BSG: the scene where they fake Hera's death in season 2 (or not? But I'm sure I shed a tear at one point of the first seasons Helo/Athena arc)

Le roi et l'oiseau: the final scene

Nausicaa: the end of the final battle

Le petit prince: this book tends to make me cry toward the end
99% completion.
Mind-worm meter: Rin>>Emi>Lily>Hanako>>Shizune
Fanfic: The lamb and the fox
alabaster

Post by alabaster »

I cried at the end of Babylon 5. That last episode...
OpusEponymous

Post by OpusEponymous »

-
Last edited by OpusEponymous on Sat May 31, 2014 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
We are shadows of the dying sun.
jaycee

Post by jaycee »

Well, for being a guy I really cry a lot :lol: let's see...
Naruto Haku/Zabusa's dead
Angel BeatsHinata/Yui scene episode 10
Clannad series (Clannad-Clannad After Story-Tomoyo's After)it's pretty long. this series really made me cry a lotthe whole tomoyo's story(it's probabilly the manga where I cried more) , Misae and Katsuki's story(ep. 5-6) ep 12 went close to make me cry, Nagisa's dead(ep.16) Ushio/Tomoya trip(ep18) was really tearjerking and finally episode 21 where they both "die"
Mai Himethe dead of alyssa
Mai otomewhen ers die+some minor part that made me tear a bit
About films
I cried on A walk to remember and on Titanic films...

there a lot of other anime where I cried, but i think that if I have to wrtie them all i will not finish in a day XD
fcd15

Post by fcd15 »

jaycee wrote:Well, for being a guy I really cry a lot :lol: let's see...
Clannad series (Clannad-Clannad After Story-Tomoyo's After)it's pretty long. this series really made me cry a lotthe whole tomoyo's story(it's probabilly the manga where I cried more) , Misae and Katsuki's story(ep. 5-6) ep 12 went close to make me cry, Nagisa's dead(ep.16) Ushio/Tomoya trip(ep18) was really tearjerking and finally episode 21 where they both "die"
About films

there a lot of other anime where I cried, but i think that if I have to wrtie them all i will not finish in a day XD
You cried at Hinata/Yui but didn't cry at the ending, when Kanade reveals that she received Otonashi's donated heart? That was the ending that brought the biggest 'HOLY-FUCK-I-TOTALLY-DIDN'T-SEE-THIS-SHIT-COMING-OHMYGAWD' feeling to my head. Of course manly tears were shed.
jaycee

Post by jaycee »

fcd15 wrote:
About films

You cried at Hinata/Yui but didn't cry at the ending, when Kanade reveals that she received Otonashi's donated heart? That was the ending that brought the biggest 'HOLY-FUCK-I-TOTALLY-DIDN'T-SEE-THIS-SHIT-COMING-OHMYGAWD' feeling to my head. Of course manly tears were shed.
I shed some tears obviusly, but didn't cried really for it because the thougt of an incongruence were too strong:If Otonashi is the real donator of Kanade(so that means that he died before she) how come that Kanade was there(at school) before him? and since she got called Tenshi and was well know of the other members that means that she was at school from really long time it is a temporal incongruance...
fcd15

Post by fcd15 »

jaycee wrote:
fcd15 wrote:
About films

I shed some tears obviusly, but didn't cried really for it because the thougt of an incongruence were too strong:If Otonashi is the real donator of Kanade(so that means that he died before she) how come that Kanade was there(at school) before him? and since she got called Tenshi and was well know of the other members that means that she was at school from really long time it is a temporal incongruance...
It is explained sometime at the beginning that some really pure souls may end up wandering around for quite some time and end up in that afterlife, even though they don't have regrets . I think his soul was wandering in wait for Kanade to die, then she would die having the regret of not being able to say "thank you" to the person who gave her the heart, and thus it would be a reason for her to head to the afterlife and wait for him. Why she was there so much earlier than him I can't explain but it's probably because the soul wanders in uncertainty before it decides where it has to go. That much is only hypotethical, but I'm sure his soul had to wander while she didn't die. Then they could meet again and she would be able to thank him.
UncleJellyfish

Post by UncleJellyfish »

fcd15 wrote:
jaycee wrote:
fcd15 wrote:You cried at Hinata/Yui but didn't cry at the ending, when Kanade reveals that she received Otonashi's donated heart? That was the ending that brought the biggest 'HOLY-FUCK-I-TOTALLY-DIDN'T-SEE-THIS-SHIT-COMING-OHMYGAWD' feeling to my head. Of course manly tears were shed.
It is explained sometime at the beginning that some really pure souls may end up wandering around for quite some time and end up in that afterlife, even though they don't have regrets . I think his soul was wandering in wait for Kanade to die, then she would die having the regret of not being able to say "thank you" to the person who gave her the heart, and thus it would be a reason for her to head to the afterlife and wait for him. Why she was there so much earlier than him I can't explain but it's probably because the soul wanders in uncertainty before it decides where it has to go. That much is only hypotethical, but I'm sure his soul had to wander while she didn't die. Then they could meet again and she would be able to thank him.
Still doesn't explain how she knew he was the one that donated his heart to her in the first place. Organs are donated all the time, and the odds of meeting the exact person you received your heart from in the afterlife are probably not that great.

While on the subject of Angel Beats, I thought the final scene when it shows the picture of all of the characters disappearing one by one was the most heart-wrenching scene in the entire series. I got major feels from that part. The alternate ending where Otonashi stays behind to wait for her to come back to him was depressing, too.
I'm a Jellyfish that just so happens to be someone's Uncle.
Rin♥ > Hanako > Shizune/Lilly > Emi
My Katawa Shoujo Impressions.
Katawa Shoujo - Written Novel Project
I hate spoiler tags, so I will never use them in discussion. If you don't want me to spoil something for you, then don't read what I write.
fcd15

Post by fcd15 »

UncleJellyfish wrote:
fcd15 wrote:
jaycee wrote:I shed some tears obviusly, but didn't cried really for it because the thougt of an incongruence were too strong:If Otonashi is the real donator of Kanade(so that means that he died before she) how come that Kanade was there(at school) before him? and since she got called Tenshi and was well know of the other members that means that she was at school from really long time it is a temporal incongruance...
Still doesn't explain how she knew he was the one that donated his heart to her in the first place. Organs are donated all the time, and the odds of meeting the exact person you received your heart from in the afterlife are probably not that great.

While on the subject of Angel Beats, I thought the final scene when it shows the picture of all of the characters disappearing one by one was the most heart-wrenching scene in the entire series. I got major feels from that part. The alternate ending where Otonashi stays behind to wait for her to come back to him was depressing, too.
Actually it is explained too. When she stabbed him in the first episode, she noticed he had no heart. Then when she's bedridden and he stayed overnight watching her and ended up sleeping in her chest, he regained all his memories from hearing his own heartbeat.
I don't remember much about the alternate ending. I guess I'll have to watch it again.
MoonShadow

Post by MoonShadow »

Seems Clannad going to be the next on my list. Should I watch the anime or play the VN first?
"If there can be no victory, then I will fight forever."
-Koth of the Hammer

"If you're not having fun, what's the point of living forever?"
-An unknown vampire

You can spot a werewolf-infested town by its lack of butcher shops.

Don't underestimate the aerodynamic qualities of the common goblin.
Kanodin

Post by Kanodin »

MoonShadow wrote:Seems Clannad going to be the next on my list. Should I watch the anime or play the VN first?

Anime, and unless you can read kanji and the kana's, no sense in playing the VN, since it's not translated.
MoonShadow

Post by MoonShadow »

Kanodin wrote:
MoonShadow wrote:Seems Clannad going to be the next on my list. Should I watch the anime or play the VN first?

Anime, and unless you can read kanji and the kana's, no sense in playing the VN, since it's not translated.
FUUUU!

The VN seemed nice. I hope it will be translated one day.
"If there can be no victory, then I will fight forever."
-Koth of the Hammer

"If you're not having fun, what's the point of living forever?"
-An unknown vampire

You can spot a werewolf-infested town by its lack of butcher shops.

Don't underestimate the aerodynamic qualities of the common goblin.
Thrasher Thetic

Post by Thrasher Thetic »

Wrong, it is translated, you just need to know where to look. (No, I won't post a link, since the source also hosts illegal software)
The only difference between theory and reality is that in theory there is no difference, but in reality there is.
UncleJellyfish

Post by UncleJellyfish »

fcd15 wrote:Actually it is explained too. When she stabbed him in the first episode, she noticed he had no heart. Then when she's bedridden and he stayed overnight watching her and ended up sleeping in her chest, he regained all his memories from hearing his own heartbeat.
I don't remember much about the alternate ending. I guess I'll have to watch it again.
Right, forgot about that part.
MoonShadow wrote:
Kanodin wrote:

FUUUU!

The VN seemed nice. I hope it will be translated one day.
IIRC, it's translated by fans, not officially, so there may be issues with localization and adaptation.
I'm a Jellyfish that just so happens to be someone's Uncle.
Rin♥ > Hanako > Shizune/Lilly > Emi
My Katawa Shoujo Impressions.
Katawa Shoujo - Written Novel Project
I hate spoiler tags, so I will never use them in discussion. If you don't want me to spoil something for you, then don't read what I write.
Elrood

Post by Elrood »

1. At the end of Final Fantasy 9: After countless attempts of trying to beat the final boss, I finally did it (It was one of these all or nothing moments so the Epic-Meter exploded for me on this day. ( I was ca. 10 years old)

2. At the end of Elfenlied (I think I was 14 or so)

3. At the end of Final Fantasy 10 (I don't know how old I was, but it's the only time I'm kind of embarassed to have cried, I mean come on FF 10?! ^^)

4. Clannad: EP 18 and 21 (I was 16 or 17 years old) If you have seen Clannad you probably know what scenes I'm talking about.

5. Kara no Kyoukai: End credits of the last regular episode. It's one, if not the favorite movie of mine. Seeing it end just cracked me up.

I'd love to name scenes of Katawa Shoujo but non of them did, close but they don't count. Probably because of my age?

4 of 5 times I cried was during the end credits. Whenever I see the end credits of a film/game all the emotions I accumulated during that time just mix togehter and are unleashed.