Post by A Humbled Fan »

kankariko wrote:Quoted from 4chan:

"Twilight fans love Edward and Jacob because of their differences."
"KS fans love the KS girls despite their differences."
Wise words.
Rivan

Re: KS and Twilight

Post by Rivan »

... The mere comparison seems like so much "Oh my God, no, so much troll in this thread" that it makes me twitch and grit my teeth.

If I were to take this seriously, main difference is that Twilight is a series of an incredibly commercial novels aimed at a certain audience which mostly tells about the importance of having a boyfriend that is perfect and superior to what humans are normally capable of in every way possible.
It's unrealistic to the extreme not only because of the nature of characters, but also because of the nature of their feelings and romances.

While KS girls seem slightly too "perfect" at times, they're all quite damaged and imperfect at the core, with realistic, imaginable problems and flaws that at times make they seem frustrating or less atractive. All of them have problems and all of their relationship' progresses with Hisao come across problems that certainly seem realistic in terms of relationships.

Most of all, however, the biggest difference is that compared to Twilight being a (self-quote) "an incredibly commercial novels aimed at a certain audience which mostly tells about the importance of having a boyfriend (...) ", Katawa Shoujo is basically a work of art that took an idea so unlikely and instinctively slightly repeling and made it into a loveable game, that considers a lot more problems than just getting a girlfriend that is both unrealistic and suited to our tastes...
Progress : Lilly - finished (Good ending), Hanako - finished (good ending), Rin - finished (Good ending), Shizune - finished (Bad ending), Emi - Finished (good ending)

Lilly=Rin > Hanako > Emi=Misha > Shizune
Maakasu_Taihaku

Post by Maakasu_Taihaku »

A Humbled Fan wrote:
kankariko wrote:Quoted from 4chan:

"Twilight fans love Edward and Jacob because of their differences."
"KS fans love the KS girls despite their differences."
Wise words.
agreed
Hanako....can't stop thinking about her.....
themocaw

Post by themocaw »

Twilight would be like KS if Edward Cullen was an actual vampire instead of a glitter-pire.

KS would be like Twilight if Shizune were telepathic, Emi could fly, Rin had telekinesis, Hanako's scars glittered, and Lilly was Daredevil.
Rivan

Post by Rivan »

themocaw wrote:Twilight would be like KS if Edward Cullen was an actual vampire instead of a glitter-pire.

KS would be like Twilight if Shizune were telepathic, Emi could fly, Rin had telekinesis, Hanako's scars glittered, and Lilly was Daredevil.
You have my vote. (Unless you prefer my axe or some other weapon)
Progress : Lilly - finished (Good ending), Hanako - finished (good ending), Rin - finished (Good ending), Shizune - finished (Bad ending), Emi - Finished (good ending)

Lilly=Rin > Hanako > Emi=Misha > Shizune
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

...this stuff is about as off topic while simultaneously being on topic as I've ever seen.

Y u do this to me, forums. :?: But lay off the excessively meta stuff though, mmkay.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

encrypted12345

Post by encrypted12345 »

themocaw wrote:Twilight would be like KS if Edward Cullen was an actual vampire instead of a glitter-pire.
If Edward was a hot female glitter-pire, I might be able to accept it.

Seriously though, for Twilight to be anything like KS, Edward would have to be less perfect, act less like an abusive stalker boyfriend, and actually have personality. Bella seriously needs more personality as well. Most eroge protagonists have more personality than her and they're faceless :lol:

Thank God I managed to troll my cousin out of liking Twilight. I think comparing it to a vapid Shoujo manga did it. And I actually like Shoujo manga.

My teacher claimed that Twilight's here to stay for reasons completely unrelated to it's quality as a book. I genuinely hope that Katawa Shoujo will stay because of its merits as a visual novel.