About KS and the community here.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Theeyebrowsofdoom

Re: About KS and the community here.

Post by Theeyebrowsofdoom »

A wise mouse one said in the thread about the sads:
Ivan The Mouse wrote:
I don't know, I want to say there will be a point where we will grow tired of it, stop posting on this forum and move on to other things, but even that happens, I hope nobody forgets the lessons learned from playing the VN, Katawa Shoujo.

But yeah, let's enjoy this forum while it still exists and is alive.

And he was right. Then I thought to myself, "yes we will eventually leave the forums, BUT what if there was to be a NEW GENERATION OF KATAWA SHOUJO FANS." Imagine it. twenty years into the future, and maybe people'll be talking about KS in new forums after this one bites the dust, and still there'll be newcomers, maybe people will seek out the devs for autographs or whatever, and the legend'll go on.
A Humbled Fan

Post by A Humbled Fan »

Theeyebrowsofdoom wrote:A wise mouse one said in the thread about the sads:
Ivan The Mouse wrote:
I don't know, I want to say there will be a point where we will grow tired of it, stop posting on this forum and move on to other things, but even that happens, I hope nobody forgets the lessons learned from playing the VN, Katawa Shoujo.

But yeah, let's enjoy this forum while it still exists and is alive.

And he was right. Then I thought to myself, "yes we will eventually leave the forums, BUT what if there was to be a NEW GENERATION OF KATAWA SHOUJO FANS." Imagine it. twenty years into the future, and maybe people'll be talking about KS in new forums after this one bites the dust, and still there'll be newcomers, maybe people will seek out the devs for autographs or whatever, and the legend'll go on.
People come and go, it's true.
Elrood

Post by Elrood »

I'm not much of a forum guy (I had my experiences with that kind of thing and moved on) but as It has already been said the community seems to be quite good so I might stick around for a while. More people than usually seem to actually think before they post, above that they are helpful and respect the opinion of others. (At least from what I've seen so far).

Though there may be one thing that bothers me and that's the "Katawa Shoujo is the greatest thing ever made by mankind!" attitude. I mean don't get me wrong I love this game too but as it stands at the top "don't panic, it's just a game".
zanzarra

Post by zanzarra »

Elrood wrote:Though there may be one thing that bothers me and that's the "Katawa Shoujo is the greatest thing ever made by mankind!" attitude. I mean don't get me wrong I love this game too but as it stands at the top "don't panic, it's just a game".
Some people take the whole "fan forum" attitude a little further than others.
One day I'll put more than 15 minutes of work into an avatar. One day.
A Humbled Fan

Post by A Humbled Fan »

zanzarra wrote:
Elrood wrote:Though there may be one thing that bothers me and that's the "Katawa Shoujo is the greatest thing ever made by mankind!" attitude. I mean don't get me wrong I love this game too but as it stands at the top "don't panic, it's just a game".
Some people take the whole "fan forum" attitude a little further than others.
Indeed. It's probably good that they have the "don't panic, it's just a game" caption at the top.

But I guess that's with anything.
Theeyebrowsofdoom

Well everyone's entitled to their opinion. If people measure how good a game is based on how much emotion it induces, then by that logic they could very well name Katawa Shoujo the best game ever made. What fascinates me is just how many people were effected and how intense. Yes, fascinating.
Elrood

Post by Elrood »

Theeyebrowsofdoom wrote:Well everyone's entitled to their opinion. If people measure how good a game is based on how much emotion it induces, then by that logic they could very well name Katawa Shoujo the best game ever made. What fascinates me is just how many people were effected and how intense. Yes, fascinating.
True, whenver you see a video from Katawa Shoujo on youtube for example you will most likey find comments below referring to Katawa Shoujo as something truly majestic, no that sounds off.... say wonderful, yeah that works,

It's a shame though. Rather than "Katawa Shoujo Forums", maybe it would have been better to make it "4 Leaf Studios" Forums (though that's a mouthful). Reason is this forum exists just for one game. I know that 4LS officially doesn't exist anymore but it would habe been cool to discuss other games made by the developers of Katawa Shoujo too. As it stands the FAQ clearly states that this forum is mainly for talking about KS.

On the other side this makes this community more assessable and unique, though a bit fanatic, haha.
encrypted12345

Post by encrypted12345 »

All fandoms have people who have that kind of people. You just get used to them. Youtubers are especially insane. :lol:
Elrood

Post by Elrood »

encrypted12345 wrote:All fandoms have people who have that kind of people. You just get used to them. Youtubers are especially insane. :lol:
I know, but it's the amount that sticks out for me. Oh and yes, in generel youtube comments are, ...one of a kind.
Theeyebrowsofdoom

I really want to make my point one more time.

SPREAD
scopedknife

Post by scopedknife »

Seeing all these people who joined literally years after me and yet have 3 times as many posts makes me feel like such a lurker....
Anyway, despite my joining of the forum with Act 1, ignorning the forum til post-full release and then coming back (at least for a while), I do really like this place, and the people. KS is a unique piece, and I'm glad it's positively affected and inspired so many people. I'm sure the dev team are hella proud :3
"Do something you can't, just because you can." - In other words, troll life.