What else made you cry?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

OpusEponymous

Re: What else made you cry?

Post by OpusEponymous »

-
Last edited by OpusEponymous on Sat May 31, 2014 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
We are shadows of the dying sun.
Ryto

Post by Ryto »

Okay, things that made me cry...this could be a long list...

Katawa Shoujo: Well, mostly for this one I just got teary eyes, and a big case of the feels. But I have a feeling I won't be able to hold myself together when I go through Hanako's route again.

Kana: Little Sister: This was pretty much my introduction to visual novels. And what a thing to start with. I had read something along the lines of "If Kana: Little Sister doesn't make you cry, you have no soul" so I thought I'd check it out. I wasn't prepared. I knew what to expect, and I still wasn't prepared. I had never thought I'd cry about something not in real life, but this game taught me that manly tears are okay.

One Piece: Yes, you heard me right. One Piece. If you are a fan of this series, you probably know what part I'm thinking of. Actually, there are really two parts. First, when Luffy pretty much declares war on the government and gets Robin to yell out that she wants to live. It was so emotional, and is part of why One Piece is my favorite series ever. The other part is at the end of that arc when the Strawhats have to say goodbye to their ship the Going Merry. A fucking SHIP got me to cry! Oda is a genious, and I will never abandon his series, even in the unlikely/terrible/unforeseeable event that it becomes any less amazing than it is. Viking funeral ftw.

Marley and Me: Yeah, yeah, laugh at me. When I saw this movie, and they had to put Marley down, it couldn't help bringing back memories of my when we had to put down my last dog. We only had her for about three years before she died (her previous owners had her for a long time), but I had become very attached, and the day we learned she had cancer, we had to put her down.

Hachi: A Dog's Tale: Another dog movie...This time because of the loyalty that Hachi showed, even after his master's death...it reminded me of Fry's dog from Futurama, and the story this movie is based on is probably what inspired the idea for Fry's dog.

Summer Wars: This is my absolute favorite movie ever. It's just so amazing, and I always get so emotional and actually start crying at the end during the final battle with Love Machine. I didn't know pure epic/awesomeness could inspire tears, but I cry like a baby, especially when the whole world starts offering up their accounts. Hell, I'm tearing up right now just thinking about it... I really need to go watch that again.

That's all I can think of right now...
100% Complete.
So here's my ranking:
Hanako>Lilly>Rin>=Emi>Shizune
themocaw

Post by themocaw »

Ryto wrote:Summer Wars: This is my absolute favorite movie ever. It's just so amazing, and I always get so emotional and actually start crying at the end during the final battle with Love Machine. I didn't know pure epic/awesomeness could inspire tears, but I cry like a baby, especially when the whole world starts offering up their accounts. Hell, I'm tearing up right now just thinking about it... I really need to go watch that again.

Summer Wars made me cry at two points. First when the guy who'd caused the whole thing found out that his mother was dead. . . and it flashes back to him and her walking together holding hands. Secondly, after the family reads the will, and everyone gets together to have a meal before going into battle.

But to be honest, the emotion it normally elicits from me is FUCK YEAH AWESOME. King Kazma fighting Love Machine to the bitter end. That very last punch. The greatest game of Hanafuda Koi Koi ever. . . and all leading up to the quiet, retiring, nerdy guy solving two 2056-bit encryptions using pen and paper in ten minutes. . . then doing the last one IN HIS MIND.
Robnonymous

Post by Robnonymous »

I need to add the True ending for Persona 4 to my list. Damn thing STILL has me tearing up...
Bad Dreams (Hanako) - My first KS fanfic. it's actually a happy story
Reconciliation - (a Hanako bad-end story) - My second KS fanfic. Not all that happy.
Ryto

Post by Ryto »

themocaw wrote:
Ryto wrote:Summer Wars: This is my absolute favorite movie ever. It's just so amazing, and I always get so emotional and actually start crying at the end during the final battle with Love Machine. I didn't know pure epic/awesomeness could inspire tears, but I cry like a baby, especially when the whole world starts offering up their accounts. Hell, I'm tearing up right now just thinking about it... I really need to go watch that again.

Summer Wars made me cry at two points. First when the guy who'd caused the whole thing found out that his mother was dead. . . and it flashes back to him and her walking together holding hands. Secondly, after the family reads the will, and everyone gets together to have a meal before going into battle.

But to be honest, the emotion it normally elicits from me is FUCK YEAH AWESOME. King Kazma fighting Love Machine to the bitter end. That very last punch. The greatest game of Hanafuda Koi Koi ever. . . and all leading up to the quiet, retiring, nerdy guy solving two 2056-bit encryptions using pen and paper in ten minutes. . . then doing the last one IN HIS MIND.
I had forgotten all about the scene where he finds out that she's dead...that part along with the reading of the letter from her make me tear up too. Definitely need to watch it again.
100% Complete.
So here's my ranking:
Hanako>Lilly>Rin>=Emi>Shizune
Kanodin

Post by Kanodin »

Things that made my eyes misty.

VNs:

Kana little sister: A few of the endings

Da Capo and Da Capo II: Also tear jerkers.

KS: Of course made me tear up. Rin's Path and Lilly's endings really got to me.

Private Nurse: Play it and find out why.

Shuffle: One of the bad endings, can't remember which, got to me.

Kira Kira: Another one you'd have to play to realize why.

Demonbane: Made me laugh and cry, at the same time.

Family Project: Another one you'd have to play

Anime:

Ano Hana: No doubt one of the most touching, anime series out there. Especially the last 15 or so minutes of the final episode. Those that have watched it understand what I'm talking about.

Angel Beats: Ending episode, nuff said.

Chobits: The last couple of episodes, nuff said.

Air: Wow, that's all I can say.

Kanon: When Makoto passes away and when you find out that Aya isn't really dead

Clannad After Story: After Nagisa dies, after Ushio first cries in front of her dad and again when she dies in the snow

Kowarekake no Orgel: You'll have to watch this one

Da Capo 1, 2 and IF: You'd have to watch to understand
UncleJellyfish

Post by UncleJellyfish »

A couple songs do it for me.

Freshmen, by The Verve Pipe

Somebody's Someone, by Lonestar

I have to be in the right mood, or they have to catch me off guard, but I have cried to both of those songs. Very good songs.
I'm a Jellyfish that just so happens to be someone's Uncle.
Rin♥ > Hanako > Shizune/Lilly > Emi
My Katawa Shoujo Impressions.
Katawa Shoujo - Written Novel Project
I hate spoiler tags, so I will never use them in discussion. If you don't want me to spoil something for you, then don't read what I write.
A Humbled Fan

Post by A Humbled Fan »

Clannad is making me cry...

Incredible story.
themocaw

Post by themocaw »

UncleJellyfish wrote:Freshmen, by The Verve Pipe.
I still remember the first time I really listened to the lyrics of that song. It was about the same feeling as when I realized "Every Breath You Take" is about a crazed stalker, or listening to the last two lines of "Excitable Boy" by Warren Zevon.

Speaking of The Z: "Keep Me In Your Heart For Awhile." All the feels.
GG Crono

Post by GG Crono »

The final episodes of Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann did me in. Such a great show.
NinjaHotline

Post by NinjaHotline »

rydiafan wrote:keeping with the final fantasy theme ..... celes jumping off a cliff , trying to commit sucide in ff6
None of the other FF titles get to me anymore, but this one gets me every time.
"He has a sword. He might also kill bears."
<3 Jigoro
Prof. Coyote

Post by Prof. Coyote »

Since we're not limiting this to strictly VN's or other Japanese media ...

Mockingjay: Buttercup comes home and comforts Katniss, after she tries to shoo her away by telling her Prim is dead. I'm a sucker for anything with cats.
One Piece anime: Arlong Park, when Nami stabs herself to try to remove her tattoo only to be stopped by Luffy; later when he promises to always be her friend after defeating Arlong.
This'll show my age, Slayers NEXT: Gourry and Lina's kiss in the sky after her rescues her from the Lord of Nightmares.
Up: the five minute marriage montage ... gets me every time, dammit!
The Lion King: Circle of LIfe ... these two are the only ones that have made me cry before the plot begins in earnest.
The songs "Holy Water" and "Eternity" by Big & Rich: mainly because of associations I've made with them concerning my writings.
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

my bank statement :D
The labyrinth of memories that is killing me
Mr. Jack

Post by Mr. Jack »

A Humbled Fan wrote:Clannad is making me cry...

Incredible story.
This. Damn you, Clannad. :(

By the by, are you watching the anime or playing the VN?
Acerus

Post by Acerus »

The ending to Final Fantasy X, Elfen Lied, Witchblade and Click.

They get to me every time.

Also, Katawa Shoujo obviously. I was crying like a little girl who's puppy just died on Lilly's story.
Completion: 100%

Lilly:       Completed
Emi:        Completed
Hanako:  Completed
Shizune: Completed
Rin:         Completed