The "feels" bazaar.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

A Humbled Fan

Re: Dear Friends: I have a bad case of the sads

Post by A Humbled Fan »

UncleJellyfish wrote:
Tomate wrote:Why the sadness, bro?

Everything has a ending, while its a pity that here will not be a Katawa Shoujo 2 and this is probably the first and last 4LS title, why feel sad about it? It was fucking glorious, I'm glad that i played it, it was good while it lasted and the memories will remain.
This, but I too still have that hollowness in my heart that will never again be filled, one that was dug forcefully from my being by the realization that, once I've completed it all, there will be nothing new to experience. =/
Watch Clannad.
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Be sad, like for friends who you have lost touch with, former lovers, departed family.

But don't dwell on that. Be happy to have shared time with them, think of the good times and the happy memories, and be glad to have experienced them. Don't mope that you want those times back, move on to new and different things.

KS will always be special to you, but you don't want to grow weary of it!
Ivan The Mouse

Post by Ivan The Mouse »

metalangel wrote:KS will always be special to you, but you don't want to grow weary of it!
I don't know, I want to say there will be a point where we will grow tired of it, stop posting on this forum and move on to other things, but even that happens, I hope nobody forgets the lessons learned from playing the VN, Katawa Shoujo.

But yeah, let's enjoy this forum while it still exists and is alive.
Warning:

This poster is prone to fits of auto-pilot typing, in which he will make posts with butchered grammar and sentence structure without knowing it.
Theeyebrowsofdoom

Post by Theeyebrowsofdoom »

You're exactly right, Ivan. I'll go quote you in my thread about the community here.
myshoesarebrown

Post by myshoesarebrown »

I understand, no matter what it is I'm reading/playing/watching I always feel that strange sadness. Even if it wasn't that great of an experience. I feel in my mind, "what did I do before I did this?"

God, it's been forever since I watched Bacanno or Baccano(however you spell that show), but I remember it had that message of something along the lines of 'stories have no beginning or ending, you only see a part of the whole', which makes me feel better. I'm fairly sure there was also an episode of "Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei" which made fun of people who were upset over things ending, which also helps relieve the temporary sadness.

But that's the good thing about post-ending depression. It's almost always temporary. This melancholic period is the best time to go read fan fictions on the material. No matter whether the fic is shit or good, in this state of wanting more, all of it is going to satisfy you. You can also just change your perception. Rather than thinking "it's over, and I can never experience it again" you can think "I experienced *whatever it is* fully, and it will always be in my memories."

Though, it ain't always temporary. I still get all bittersweet when I replay my favorite game, Morrowind. I'll never again know what it's like to play it for the first time. :cry: Oh woe is me, ohhhhhh.
My shoes aren't actually brown. Well, one pair is, but I mostly wear grey ones.
fcd15

Post by fcd15 »

A Humbled Fan wrote:
UncleJellyfish wrote:

Everything has a ending, while its a pity that here will not be a Katawa Shoujo 2 and this is probably the first and last 4LS title, why feel sad about it? It was fucking glorious, I'm glad that i played it, it was good while it lasted and the memories will remain.
This, but I too still have that hollowness in my heart that will never again be filled, one that was dug forcefully from my being by the realization that, once I've completed it all, there will be nothing new to experience. =/
Watch Clannad.
That's my boy.
UncleJellyfish

Post by UncleJellyfish »

A Humbled Fan wrote:
UncleJellyfish wrote:

Watch Clannad.
I refuse to watch/read Clannad. Not because I tend to be the type of person to go against social norms, but because I hate sad endings, and I really don't think I could handle it. Yes, I know you get a good ending by reading through all the arcs, but honestly, if I know there's going to be a gut wrenching sad ending in the first place....then no. -.-""
I'm a Jellyfish that just so happens to be someone's Uncle.
Rin♥ > Hanako > Shizune/Lilly > Emi
My Katawa Shoujo Impressions.
Katawa Shoujo - Written Novel Project
I hate spoiler tags, so I will never use them in discussion. If you don't want me to spoil something for you, then don't read what I write.
Thrasher Thetic

Post by Thrasher Thetic »

You dig it, admit it. Enjoy the story, care about the characters, get pulled in.

When you're done, read the little tagline at the top of the forums and feel better.
The only difference between theory and reality is that in theory there is no difference, but in reality there is.
Kirkner

Post by Kirkner »

I would say read my signature but that'd be kinda assy of me if that's a word, assy. It's only human I guess to feel sad over something ending, If I recall, Clannad aint so bad (or sad at the end, but I watched that 3 years ago...) hah, the title of this topic kinda reminds me of a Beatles song, "With a little help from my friends"

Point is don't linger on this too long or it'll bring you down, and that's far from the point of this game existing, it's been made for good times, so smile dammit! be happy that it's over. If KS decided to have a sequel, well, you'll know what people will turn into: big ass whiners. Reason why I say this? You'll never get enough of how good the first one was compared to the second one.
A Kimikiss x Katawa Shoujo comparison...
Mao - Rin... ?
Yuumi - Lily
Asuka - Emi
Eriko - Hanako
Mitsuki - Shizune
Best I could come up with strangely enough.
fcd15

Post by fcd15 »

UncleJellyfish wrote:
A Humbled Fan wrote:
UncleJellyfish wrote:This, but I too still have that hollowness in my heart that will never again be filled, one that was dug forcefully from my being by the realization that, once I've completed it all, there will be nothing new to experience. =/
Watch Clannad.
I refuse to watch/read Clannad. Not because I tend to be the type of person to go against social norms, but because I hate sad endings, and I really don't think I could handle it. Yes, I know you get a good ending by reading through all the arcs, but honestly, if I know there's going to be a gut wrenching sad ending in the first place....then no. -.-""
You're forcing me to say this. Read at your own risk.
The ending to the anime is the HAPPIEST ENDING EVER. Joyful waterfalls will be shed. Although there are a lot of sad moments before that, so a lot of sad tears will also be shed. But trust me, it's worth it. You can't be afraid of a story just because it will make you cry. Better yet: if it does, it's because you loved it. Go on, watch it, read it, play it, whatever.
(Once again I'm trying to make everybody I know watch Clannad. I'm such a caring asshole.)
ForLackofaBetterName

Post by ForLackofaBetterName »

A Humbled Fan wrote:
UncleJellyfish wrote:

Watch Clannad.
I've got enough people that have said to do this maybe I should finally get on it.
I get the feeling (from the comments that I've seen) that I'm going to want to have some tissues around.
Although that being said, seeing Marley & Me may have desensitized me to everything sad... so maybe I'll be good.
I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

Post by Guest »

T_T Hey, I'm new to the site. I made an account just because I saw you gusy say something about Clannad.

I just want to say. No matter how sad you are, no matter how much you're crying. Keep watching. You're going to cry even more but for a different reason. Well, Not Clannad. Clannad Afterstory. You'll get to that soon enough
Auzei

Post by Auzei »

Guest wrote:T_T Hey, I'm new to the site. I made an account just because I saw you guys say something about Clannad.

I just want to say. No matter how sad you are, no matter how much you're crying. Keep watching. You're going to cry even more but for a different reason. Well, Not Clannad. Clannad Afterstory. You'll get to that soon enough
This is me. I forgot to actually log in after creating my account and stuff.
fcd15

Post by fcd15 »

Auzei wrote:
Guest wrote:T_T Hey, I'm new to the site. I made an account just because I saw you guys say something about Clannad.

This is me. I forgot to actually log in after creating my account and stuff.
We're on the same boat. I think I've talked more about Clannad in these forums than about KS itself. I feel one has to watch it to be able to leave this life in peace.
Seriously this shit's the best thing I've ever seen.
Tezzeret

Post by Tezzeret »

This is exactly why i'm taking my time playing each route and getting each ending :)

I get the sads everytime i finish an anime, manga, LN, book, movie, etc. and i particularly enjoy it. My life is full of sads.