Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Re: Ask!

Post by Guest »

cpl_crud wrote:it also seems slightly unfair and masochistic.
>implying that the scene wasn't meant to be that way
Shield

Post by Shield »

Did you guys set out purpousefully to create this game as a punch in the gut? as a five year dam buster time bomb tailor made for the hearts of losers such as myself and the other people who followed the game from its initial conception?

Did you give the girls the 'people problems' you felt most likely people who would play the game would be suffering from in a direct move to try and help them overcome them? is this why Hisao feels so naturally like myself even down to his backstory of being alone and immersing himself in fantasy to pass the time (and the metaphor of his heart beating out of step)? Was KS created to remind every shut in hateful bastard, that life can be beautiful, people can be amazing and we can all ease our suffering together (but only if you move the fuck on from that hospital room)? Did the girls disabilities reflect their actual problems? for instance, Emi cant move on, and Rin cant grasp people. or was that coincidence?

Ive received a lot of motivation from this game, and although i dont rightly know where to direct it, i know i need to find some way to use it to improve my life. I feel like i need a fresh start but i have no clue how to do it. Its made me feel a bit stupid, like ive wasted my time so far, and its running out. Or did i simply look into it too much? I do that a lot, and im usually wrong, so it wouldnt be surprising.
Kirkner

Post by Kirkner »

Sorry if this question was asked before,
Does Shizune live off campus? Reason why I'm asking this... out of curiosity.
It seems she is without a room, nor is Misha
With Hideaki visiting her at one point in the arc, It kinda implies that she does have a room, but nonexistent to the player's eyes, or does she simply live in the student council room with that trail of thinking?
Such implications!
A Kimikiss x Katawa Shoujo comparison...
Mao - Rin... ?
Yuumi - Lily
Asuka - Emi
Eriko - Hanako
Mitsuki - Shizune
Best I could come up with strangely enough.
Nazo25

Post by Nazo25 »

Aura wrote:
Nazo25 wrote:when do you expect to have the ddl links up for?
There's no ETA for them, like there's for nothing with us ever. They'll be up if and when they will be.
ok ty for answering that.
Snicket

Post by Snicket »

Ok, i guess i'll ask you guys something:

What ideas did you guys come up for this VN?

Obviously there must have been tons, given the amount of time that was put into this. What i mean is, what thins got considered, or what didn't. What kinda of things did you guys have in mind during the course of making this?

Ah, that got kinda worded funny, but you get the idea...i hope.
rem

Post by rem »

Hanako has two dolls, one given to her by Lilly and one given to her by Lilly/Hisao. The latter doll kinda looks like Lilly but who is the former doll?
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

KSmaniac wrote:1.) Are you guys planning more merchandise expansions for KS?

2.) Is it possible for 4LS to make a manga for KS?
1. No.
2. It would be possible, but we are not going to.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Guest wrote:I downloaded the soundtrack. Would you guys mind if I changed names to "4LS" or something, so they are all toegether instead of spread across my library ?
Sure, we don't mind.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

notjohn wrote:This is directed towards all members of the team, seeing as each one deserved congratulations on their own right.

Has there been one particular fan whose comments, story, or congratulations affected you more than any other? A post in the forum, a comment on another site, an email, etc. I'm assuming that each writer's character eventually became very important to their respective creators, so i can imagine how personal the kudos might get.
There was one guy who proposed to his disabled girlfriend after reading KS. That was pretty touching I guess, but really, there's been a ton of just as emotional stories, each special in their own way.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Vyse wrote:In Rin's 3rd act, there is a chapter called "BADAAN!" What is that supposed to mean, or refer to?
Nothing.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Drake wrote:And I forgot to add: Do you have any plans to keep writing Aura? And if yes, do you have a blog or something that we can follow up on?
I like writing so I doubt I'll quit it altogether. I don't have a blog or anything though, but I've been pestered to set one up for like a year already. I've got a twitter account I guess? https://twitter.com/#!/sharpened_C

Sunday afternoon music is music that can reasonably be listened to only on Sunday afternoons, because it makes you feel guilty at other times.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Shield wrote:Did you guys set out purpousefully to create this game as a punch in the gut? as a five year dam buster time bomb tailor made for the hearts of losers such as myself and the other people who followed the game from its initial conception?

Did you give the girls the 'people problems' you felt most likely people who would play the game would be suffering from in a direct move to try and help them overcome them? is this why Hisao feels so naturally like myself even down to his backstory of being alone and immersing himself in fantasy to pass the time (and the metaphor of his heart beating out of step)? Was KS created to remind every shut in hateful bastard, that life can be beautiful, people can be amazing and we can all ease our suffering together (but only if you move the fuck on from that hospital room)? Did the girls disabilities reflect their actual problems? for instance, Emi cant move on, and Rin cant grasp people. or was that coincidence?

Ive received a lot of motivation from this game, and although i dont rightly know where to direct it, i know i need to find some way to use it to improve my life. I feel like i need a fresh start but i have no clue how to do it. Its made me feel a bit stupid, like ive wasted my time so far, and its running out. Or did i simply look into it too much? I do that a lot, and im usually wrong, so it wouldnt be surprising.
We didn't. We really were completely taken by surprise by the intense emotional resonance KS had with its audience. Obviously pathos, appeal to emotion, is one key goal and purpose of art, so of course we wanted a reader to feel something, but KS is not specifically constructed to manipulate anyone's emotions.
There is a lot of play with how the disabilities and the girls' personalities play together, yes, and it is intentional.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Kirkner wrote:Sorry if this question was asked before,
Does Shizune live off campus? Reason why I'm asking this... out of curiosity.
It seems she is without a room, nor is Misha
With Hideaki visiting her at one point in the arc, It kinda implies that she does have a room, but nonexistent to the player's eyes, or does she simply live in the student council room with that trail of thinking?
Such implications!
Shizune and Misha do have dorm rooms, they just are not visited in the game.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Snicket wrote:Ok, i guess i'll ask you guys something:

What ideas did you guys come up for this VN?

Obviously there must have been tons, given the amount of time that was put into this. What i mean is, what thins got considered, or what didn't. What kinda of things did you guys have in mind during the course of making this?

Ah, that got kinda worded funny, but you get the idea...i hope.
It's completely impossible to make any sort of list of ideas and concepts we went through during the development. For some guesstimation reference, we wrote actual script for twice the amount the final game has, and thoughtwork for maybe 4 or so KS's worth of stories.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

rem wrote:Hanako has two dolls, one given to her by Lilly and one given to her by Lilly/Hisao. The latter doll kinda looks like Lilly but who is the former doll?
It's a genderbent, dollified cpl_crud. (It's nobody)