The plot speculations thread

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

alex

Re: The plot speculations thread

Post by alex »

ZettoSan wrote:Epic Rin footjob.

Oh lord, if it doesn't happen, I will be seriously disappointed.
Four Leaf Studios, please make this happen.

Oh god, please.
Axeman

Post by Axeman »

potter wrote:

Also, bad end(s) will result in heart attack somehow.
And for the lolicon masochists:

Epic Emi Footjob

>_>
I CAN'T UNSEE IT
The game.
You have lost it.
BustRobot

Post by BustRobot »

potter wrote:

Also, bad end(s) will result in heart attack somehow.
And for the lolicon masochists:

Epic Emi Footjob

>_>

But what about Epic Rin and Emi footjob?
Open up our narrow minds.
Pato2747

Post by Pato2747 »

BcDed wrote:You stole my question!(I used an exclamation point, that is so rare you may want to make a note of it)

Yeah they mentioned someone was going to die and I kind of figured since you couldn't go down a Misha path it was probably her, or Kenji goes down in a hail of gunfire fighting the Feminists. How well a Kenji fight scene would work is hard to say since he's partially blind but I believe in him, after all he is the last sane man in an insane world.
This. If Kenji dies in the game it will be either due to a suicide pill (After all, he has secrets he'll never reveal to the feminists, and they are known by her interrogation techniques), or an epic gunfight.

Hanako bad end would either lead to her snapping and burning down the school or commiting suicide.
Ultamentdark

Post by Ultamentdark »

Axeman wrote:Heh I wonder what would happen if it was Hanako that died...
i would shut off the game right then and never look back
Jake Fuyou

Post by Jake Fuyou »

HighestJudgeofXanadu wrote:Like any good VN I expect several interesting 'Bad Ends', they're always the most interesting ends IMO. Perhaps in some sort of bloody School Days-esque massacre?
The story seems much too lighthearted for that, I mean can you imagine any of the characters being capable of killing?

Post by Guest »

I think it'd be really interesting if the girl woh gave you the heart attack, Iwanako I believe, came to visit you suddenly saying she still loves you.
Jomacdo

Post by Jomacdo »

Jake Fuyou wrote:
HighestJudgeofXanadu wrote:Like any good VN I expect several interesting 'Bad Ends', they're always the most interesting ends IMO. Perhaps in some sort of bloody School Days-esque massacre?
The story seems much too lighthearted for that, I mean can you imagine any of the characters being capable of killing?
You expected school days to end like that?
BustRobot

Post by BustRobot »

Recently, I've had a thought concerning the plot/relationships that would develop later in the game. Mainly around Hisao/You and a couple of the pairs. Some of the conflicts might be rather interesting.

The obvious one is the conflict that could arise is between Misha and Shizune. Misha, for example, might feel like you're is trying to replace her in Shizune's life by getting closer to her, and you would have to assure her that it isn't the case, or something like that.
Assuming we have a Misha route avaliable, it'd probably be a matter of Shizune becoming rather jealous and/or scared of losing her 'voice' in the world, so to speak.

A less obvious but no less interesting (perhaps more interesting?) one might arise on the Lilly route. Hanako might become scared, terrified even, that you're trying to take away the only friend she has had in a long time (despite Hisao being friendly enough with both Hanako and Lilly by the end of the Lilly path by the end of the demo), and the two of you would have to spend some time comforting her, and assuring her that you'll both always be there for her.
On the Hanako path, I could only really see Lilly becoming mildly jealous of you and Hanako becoming so close, at most; but ultimately I think Lilly would be happy that Hanako is finally connecting to someone other than herself.

I can't really see any kind of conflict like those on either the Emi or Rin route. The two of them are friends, but not really close in the same way as Misha/Shizune and Hanako/Lilly.
Open up our narrow minds.
Jake Fuyou

Post by Jake Fuyou »

Jomacdo wrote:
Jake Fuyou wrote:
Wasn't as surprising in retrospect, they made Makoto such an unsympathetic character by the end that a 'good' end would have seem contrived, that he died was a little bit of a surprise, that it was a bad end not so much.

Post by Guest »

Jomacdo wrote:
Jake Fuyou wrote:
[RANT]
I've never played School Days myself but I agree that it would feel out of place in Katawa Shoujo. I'll be honest and say that the only reason I downloaded Act 1 was to see how much of a trainwreck a game made by 4chan about the disabled could be. I was expecting it to be nothing but a collection of shameful insults, horrible jokes and fetish fuel all at the expense of the disabled but the game surprised me by approaching the subject in a very mature manner. They took a number of archetypes from the Anime/Manga genre and made them into actual characters instead of caricatures; they highlighted that there was a person behind the disability and they took a lot of care in making the game tasteful. It won me over and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

To me, it would just come off as very artificial that any one of the girls/MC does decide to go "LOL CRAZY" and starts butchering the rest of the cast, not to mention a bit puzzling after 4leaf went to all the effort of trying to make their game be taken seriously only to chuck it away with a disabled girls massacre.
[/RANT]

That's not to say there shouldn't be any BAD ENDs. Look at the Act 1 bad end: the MC burns his bridges with all of the girls, but instead of going batshit insane over it, he ends up geting drunk and eventually falls to his death, which IMO is a better way to handle it than the MC to going on a murderous rampage. There's already a lot of potential for bad stuff to happen with the MC's bad heart or any of the girls disabilities, and I believe it would create a lot more emotion from the player if the bad endings stemmed from that rather than one of the characters inexplicably turning into a psychopath (well, unless it's Kenji. He's a little unhinged as it is :wink: ).
ZettoSan

Post by ZettoSan »

You know, as nice as a footjob would be...

It wouldn't be out of place to have a simple, nonsexual foot massage scene in the game. When Rin and Hisao become much closer, and she is like, "My feet get exhausted. Would it offend you to ask for a foot massage?"

I would find it cute.
I won't say 'See you tomorrow' because that would be like predicting the future, and I'm pretty sure I can't do that.
BcDed

Post by BcDed »

See I thought the main character dieing in school days was a good end, perheps my sense of poetic justice has made me misinterpret the purpose.

Thought I think a fitting bad(or not so bad?) end would be ending up romantically involved with Kenji. Even the bad end would be awesome if not making some people question thier heterosexuality. Of course my true favorite ending I've already stated several times though no one else seems to agree so I'll drop it.
Is it really just a game, or is it a religious experience.

Post by Guest »

A happy ending with Kenji CONFIRMED. Best bros 4 life.
Khaos

Post by Khaos »

Asa wrote:I heard some rumours on 4 chan that Misha has a brain tumour, and she dies later on, leaving Hisao to pick up as Shizune's translator.
'
That would really make sense, but it would make that route really really tragic...still seems fitting....tears will flow, many many tears, damn I can see Misha being there in a hospital bed shortly before dying, grinning as always... :cry:
Axeman wrote:Heh I wonder what would happen if it was Hanako that died...
That wouldn't make any sense...
But if you go for Lilly, I guess you'll see Hanako as sort of your sister or daughter to take care off together with Lilly, so Lilly-path should be some sort of family end, makes sense, since there's already that family-feeling in the Lilly-part (see the scene with her sister).
Hanako path on the other hand will make her probably less dependent on Lilly.
potter wrote: Epic Emi Footjob

>_>
You just reminded me of a certain video on efukt I will abstain from linking here... :shock:
Sad thing is, considering Emi's attitude, it would be even fitting...fit...in...no, stop...stop...the mental images...!!!
...so that's why I'm trying to figure out if there is something I need to figure out and then figure that out before it's too late and all hope is lost.
~~~~~
Isn't a realist just the word for what the cynic calls himself?