I just finished the Kenji route for fun and...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Nyarly

Re: I just finished the Kenji route for fun and...

Post by Nyarly »

fcd15 wrote:I just finished it, and I was ready to open a thread EXACTLY like this one.

What the fuck? I'm fucking depressed right now.
Go and have a manly picnic with Kenji. This will cheer you up. Well, or kill you...
nyttyn

Post by nyttyn »

After completing the entire game, it became clear to me THE MANLY PICNIC WAS JUST A ELABORATE COVER FOR KENJI TO MURDER US FOR ATTEMPTING TO GO DOWN THE KENJI ROUTE! KNOWING THAT THE FEMINIST REVOLUTION WOULD START IF NONE OF THE FIVE GIRLS WERE DISTRACTED BY HISAO, HE TOOK VENGEANCE UPON HISAO FOR DOOMING ALL MEN

I mean, come on. It's only logical!
Why does the OST feature so much piano, despite the fact that not even a single piano exists in the entire game!?
myshoesarebrown

Post by myshoesarebrown »

nyttyn wrote:After completing the entire game, it became clear to me THE MANLY PICNIC WAS JUST A ELABORATE COVER FOR KENJI TO MURDER US FOR ATTEMPTING TO GO DOWN THE KENJI ROUTE! KNOWING THAT THE FEMINIST REVOLUTION WOULD START IF NONE OF THE FIVE GIRLS WERE DISTRACTED BY HISAO, HE TOOK VENGEANCE UPON HISAO FOR DOOMING ALL MEN

You're close, but not quite on the mark, friend!

Kenji DID want to murder Hisao. It's well known that Kenji has access to a time machine. He knew there were 5 girls at Yamaku who had the potential to spark the Feminist Revolution. They would only do so if they got into a relationship with a man, as the scrolls hath foretold.

Kenji knew he couldn't kill all 5 girls and get away with it. When Hisao came to Yamaku, he saw the boy lusting after the girls. He would attempt to foil his courting of their hearts, but would fail. He'd go back in time, try again, but only push Hisao on a different 'route', as he called them. After Hisao had gone on a 'route' with each girl, Kenji knew he had only onc choice.

Manly. Picnic.

Yes I just wasted time typing all this up.
My shoes aren't actually brown. Well, one pair is, but I mostly wear grey ones.
Ryto

Post by Ryto »

DH531 wrote:
Pl4t0 wrote:
Nyarly wrote:A manly picnic happened.
One day (January 4th next year?), we need to all get together and have the biggest, manliest picnic ever.

What say you, KS forumites?
This must be done, though the venue better not be the roof of a building (I can just imagine all of us falling one by one to our deaths >.>).
There can be only one!
100% Complete.
So here's my ranking:
Hanako>Lilly>Rin>=Emi>Shizune
Koopason

Post by Koopason »

Pl4t0 wrote:
One day (January 4th next year?), we need to all get together and have the biggest, manliest picnic ever.

Would be the most epic thing ever!
Zig_Zac

Post by Zig_Zac »

Koopason wrote:
Pl4t0 wrote:

Where in the world would this picnic be? On the roof of Brown?
A Humbled Fan

Post by A Humbled Fan »

Koopason wrote:
Pl4t0 wrote:

Haha, if we could find a way to make this work, that would be pretty epic.
Number 905

Post by Number 905 »

nyttyn wrote:After completing the entire game, it became clear to me THE MANLY PICNIC WAS JUST A ELABORATE COVER FOR KENJI TO MURDER US FOR ATTEMPTING TO GO DOWN THE KENJI ROUTE! KNOWING THAT THE FEMINIST REVOLUTION WOULD START IF NONE OF THE FIVE GIRLS WERE DISTRACTED BY HISAO, HE TOOK VENGEANCE UPON HISAO FOR DOOMING ALL MEN

There actually is a scene in the game that supports this. I forget which route, but Kenji does mention that if he wanted to kill someone he'd push them off a roof and make it look like an accident.
newnar

Post by newnar »

myshoesarebrown wrote:

You're close, but not quite on the mark, friend!

Kenji DID want to murder Hisao. It's well known that Kenji has access to a time machine. He knew there were 5 girls at Yamaku who had the potential to spark the Feminist Revolution. They would only do so if they got into a relationship with a man, as the scrolls hath foretold.

Kenji knew he couldn't kill all 5 girls and get away with it. When Hisao came to Yamaku, he saw the boy lusting after the girls. He would attempt to foil his courting of their hearts, but would fail. He'd go back in time, try again, but only push Hisao on a different 'route', as he called them. After Hisao had gone on a 'route' with each girl, Kenji knew he had only onc choice.

Manly. Picnic.

Yes I just wasted time typing all this up.
WTF is this? I don't even.
Melkboy

Post by Melkboy »

Last edited by Melkboy on Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
yummines

Post by yummines »

Dis necro...
I got manly picnic after Emi's route by just taking choices i hadn't
Mainly not agreeing with lily in the argument, not pushing myself, and not saying what my issue is while walking with lily and rin.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

I always get this sort of ending first because I'm too busy getting a feel for the game to choose well. Though, the endings never KILLED ME before. Harsh...
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

Vilis wrote:what the fuck just happened?

This happened.
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

Nyarly wrote:A manly picnic happened. With whiskey, pretzels and death by height.
I think you meant 'death by descent'.
lvrr325

Post by lvrr325 »

Accidentally read a spoiler on how this route ended, so I tried it for the heck of it and sure enough... I completed another 2% of the game. Knowing what would happen and purposely making all the "wrong" choices to ensure it made it somewhat amusing rather than any bother.