Katawa Shoujo Folding@Home Team

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Bara

Re: Katawa Shoujo Folding@Home Team

Post by Bara »

Bagheera wrote:I'm sure this has been asked before, but since there are three years' worth of replies and fifty pages to the thread I hope y'all will indulge me:

I joined last night and want to set up one of those nifty .sig images. How often are team rosters updated? I don't seem to be on the team page as of yet, and nor do I have a user id (at least not so far as I know). Do I need to do something to refresh the page or should I just be patient?
This should answer your questions.
Mirage_GSM wrote:You'll only be added to the list after you've completed your first workunit, i.e. after you've actually contributed something.
(Even then it might take 2-3 hours until the next update of the site.)

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Bagheera

Post by Bagheera »

Bara wrote:This should answer your questions.
It does. Thank you very much!
Girls: Emi = Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Shizune = Rin
Routes: Rin = Shizune > Emi > Lilly = Hanako

PGleo86

Post by PGleo86 »

Hey all, I'm set for folding in the KS team now too :D

Right now I'm only running the standard CPU client. Started about 1-1.5 hours ago as far as I remember but I'm already 32/250 on my first WU.

My specs are:
AMD A8 x4 3850 @2.9GHz
AMD Radeon HD 6870 1GB
8GB DDR3 RAM

On a side note, I can't get the GPU client to work for me at all, it tells me I have the wrong driver or something even when I have the latest. Anyone know anything about that?
Bara

Post by Bara »

PGleo86 wrote:Hey all, I'm set for folding in the KS team now too :D

Right now I'm only running the standard CPU client. Started about 1-1.5 hours ago as far as I remember but I'm already 32/250 on my first WU.

My specs are:
AMD A8 x4 3850 @2.9GHz
AMD Radeon HD 6870 1GB
8GB DDR3 RAM

On a side note, I can't get the GPU client to work for me at all, it tells me I have the wrong driver or something even when I have the latest. Anyone know anything about that?
Sorry, I can't begin to guess. I'm running the previous version of the GPU client myself. (6.20r2 from 2010). I really do need to update my F@H clients.
Your best bet is to dig into the Folding @ Home forums and look for info on "High Performance Clients". Any links I might be able to give you are likely outdated now.

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
green_shadow622

Post by green_shadow622 »

My specs are:
AMD A8 x4 3850 @2.9GHz
AMD Radeon HD 6870 1GB
8GB DDR3 RAM

Which version of the GPU client are you trying to run?
green_shadow622

Bara wrote:

My specs are:
AMD A8 x4 3850 @2.9GHz
AMD Radeon HD 6870 1GB
8GB DDR3 RAM

Sorry, I can't begin to guess. I'm running the previous version of the GPU client myself. (6.20r2 from 2010). I really do need to update my F@H clients.
Your best bet is to dig into the Folding @ Home forums and look for info on "High Performance Clients". Any links I might be able to give you are likely outdated now.
The new V7 Beta is actually pretty stable. I've had no problems with it, and I highly recommend it.
PGleo86

Post by PGleo86 »

AMD/ATI
1. The ATI GPU requirement is to be compatible with ATI CAL, and that is any card from 2xxx (R6xx) series and above. Unfortunately this also means 1xxx and older cards are not compatible because the shader architecture is not unified.
2. The ATI driver requirement is currently the Catalyst 8.7 (or newer) and can be found here. To update the driver, it's suggested that you uninstall the old driver, reboot, then install the new driver.
3. 5xxx series ATI GPUs are supported in the v6.30 or newer FAH client, and requires the 9.10 Catalyst driver or newer. (Download the v6.41 NVIDIA clients until the ATI links are updated.)

4. 6xxx series AMD GPUs are supported in the v6.40 or newer FAH client, with appropriate driver version. (Download the v6.41 NVIDIA clients until the ATI links are updated.)
5. Optional Environment Variables may be used to adjust or improve folding performance.

As per 4 from the website above, I'm attempting to run 6.41 NVIDIA because AMD 6000 series cards haven't been put into AMD applications yet.

I'm not seeing the V7 beta, how can I get it? Sorry for being such a noob about it
green_shadow622

PGleo86 wrote:AMD/ATI
1. The ATI GPU requirement is to be compatible with ATI CAL, and that is any card from 2xxx (R6xx) series and above. Unfortunately this also means 1xxx and older cards are not compatible because the shader architecture is not unified.
2. The ATI driver requirement is currently the Catalyst 8.7 (or newer) and can be found here. To update the driver, it's suggested that you uninstall the old driver, reboot, then install the new driver.
3. 5xxx series ATI GPUs are supported in the v6.30 or newer FAH client, and requires the 9.10 Catalyst driver or newer. (Download the v6.41 NVIDIA clients until the ATI links are updated.)

4. 6xxx series AMD GPUs are supported in the v6.40 or newer FAH client, with appropriate driver version. (Download the v6.41 NVIDIA clients until the ATI links are updated.)
5. Optional Environment Variables may be used to adjust or improve folding performance.

As per 4 from the website above, I'm attempting to run 6.41 NVIDIA because AMD 6000 series cards haven't been put into AMD applications yet.

I'm not seeing the V7 beta, how can I get it? Sorry for being such a noob about it
No worries. We all start out as noobs. :3

http://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=20459 - the v7 beta discussion on the forum (which made me realize I'm a little out of date as well.)

http://folding.stanford.edu/English/WinGuide - the install guide for v7 beta on windows.
PGleo86

Post by PGleo86 »

Thanks, doesn't look like this one has issues with newer hardware :D
green_shadow622

PGleo86 wrote:Thanks, doesn't look like this one has issues with newer hardware :D
Happy to help out. :3
guest2

Post by guest2 »

Bara wrote:
Bagheera wrote:I'm sure this has been asked before, but since there are three years' worth of replies and fifty pages to the thread I hope y'all will indulge me:

I joined last night and want to set up one of those nifty .sig images. How often are team rosters updated? I don't seem to be on the team page as of yet, and nor do I have a user id (at least not so far as I know). Do I need to do something to refresh the page or should I just be patient?
Mirage_GSM wrote:You'll only be added to the list after you've completed your first workunit, i.e. after you've actually contributed something.
So that sig badge automatically gets added by the forum?
Katawa Shoujo Piano Sheet Music Project
"Jellyfish are like people to me" - Me
"OH GOD MAH DRILLS" - yipyapper
Palodin

Post by Palodin »

guest2 wrote:
Bara wrote:

So that sig badge automatically gets added by the forum?
Add the following to your signatures;

Code: Select all

[fahsign]Your F@H Name[/fahsign]
If it doesn't seem to be working, try putting a space before your name, I had to do that for some reason
Bagheera

Post by Bagheera »

So after completing three projects successfully my F@H client (Windows ver. 6.23) started a fourth and . . . died. I'm not sure why. Checking the logfile this is what I find:

[01:23:24] Completed 171690 out of 750000 steps (22%)
[01:40:18] Completed 172500 out of 750000 steps (23%)
[02:48:11] mpleted 176460 out of 750000 steps (23%)
[03:43:53] )
[03:50:13] mpleted 180000 out of 750000 steps (24%)
[05:33:11] )
[05:39:15] mpleted 187500 out of 750000 steps (25%)
[07:21:19] )
[07:23:15] + Working...
[07:28:02] mpleted 195000 out of 750000 steps (26%)
[09:10:33] )
[09:19:36] mpleted 202500 out of 750000 steps (27%)
[11:00:43] )
[11:03:04] ient no longer detected. Shutting down core
[11:03:04]
[11:03:04] Folding@home Core Shutdown: CLIENT_DIED

I tried quitting and restarting, rebooting my system, everything I could think of. I even tried pausing and then resuming work, and got this:

[13:05:23] + Paused
[13:05:27] + Working ...
[13:05:31] CoreStatus = 3 (3)
[13:05:31] Client-core communications error: ERROR 0x3
[13:05:31] This is a sign of more serious problems, shutting down.

I restarted and now my client is running, but it's just sitting there at 0 of 750 steps, not doing anything. Is this a known problem, or is it some sort of issue on my end?
Girls: Emi = Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Shizune = Rin
Routes: Rin = Shizune > Emi > Lilly = Hanako

Palodin

Post by Palodin »

Going by the wiki - http://fahwiki.net/index.php/Common_Error_Messages - the most common cause of CLIENT_DIED messages is a dodgy overclock, got anything like that running?

Failing that, find and delete the WU data (I forget where that hides itself now), its possible that could be the problem
Grismund

Post by Grismund »

It does appear that our team has gone up a rank...

KEEP FOLDING!