How'd you find yourself here?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Woody Alien

Re: How'd you find yourself here?

Post by Woody Alien »

I don't really remember, it was most certainly through a videogame site when the demo was out: I remember being intrigued by the concept of "romancing disabled people" and the picture of Rin that says "I don't have arms to hug you with", but then I mostly forgot about the whole thing, since I wasn't interested in VN... until about a month ago, when I found news again and started browsing the dev blog, the Mishimmie and the official site.
Katawa Shoujo is a game that, by all accounts, shouldn't exist, but it does and we're happier because of it!
Shizune è una porcona

Click here for real-life Misha: http://www.flickr.com/photos/daddy_mulk/8637512452/
jaycee

Post by jaycee »

I got so addicted to KS that i do and find all the things possible XD so I also find the forum XD now that i think about it the only thing left that i haven't is the winter booklet
iamjagman

Post by iamjagman »

I found it on knowyourmeme about a day or two after it was released, and basically said "That's a really interesting theme. I'll check it out." and did so. And loved it.
shalimar

Where and when did you found out about Katawa Shoujo?

Post by shalimar »

So, I know this is a little strange question, since probably most of you known Katawa Shoujo from the beggining, but I found out about it around three weeks ago and from this dude http://josefvstalin.com/.

So when and where did you hear about Katawa Shoujo?
dunkelfalke

Re: Where and when did you found out about Katawa Shoujo?

Post by dunkelfalke »

A few weeks ago an old pal has sent me the link because he knows I like visual novels with a good story. That was the nicest thing he has ever done to me :D

BTW nice country, I really enjoyed my stay in Ljubljana a few years ago.
The labyrinth of memories that is killing me
Wannabefan

Post by Wannabefan »

I found out about it from Know Your Meme a few weeks back.
Brisingr

Post by Brisingr »

I never even heard about KS until about the 10th. I was reading the "Demotivational Posters!" thread on amvhell.com when some guy posted a reference to the game. That sparked my curiosity in what he was referring to so I downloaded the act 1 demo. I finished the demo and immediately went searching for the full game and found it rather quick. Replayed all my choices from the demo in the full game and never looked back. I now have 100% completion except for that last bonus pic in the gallery and am now in the process of replaying everything to get it. It just gives me another reason to enjoy KS all over again.
encrypted12345

Post by encrypted12345 »

A few months ago I found this page on TVtropes. I played the act 1 demo, felt something special from it, and eagerly waited for the full release.
ICEheaven102

Post by ICEheaven102 »

My friend told me about it.
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

Where is mentioned in my sig. When was soon after the Act 1 release.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
DH531

Post by DH531 »

I heard about it from here: http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2012/01/0 ... wa-shoujo/
I didn't think much of it, though I wondered why they named a game 'cripple girl' essentially, plus i've never played a Visual Novel before (Just heard of them).
Then a couple of days after it was released I saw these guys post about it: http://kira-h.com/?p=4528 then decided that I should download it, and I don't regret it at all :D
myshoesarebrown

Post by myshoesarebrown »

Had only started browsing /a/ in November or so. Shortly after Christmas, I kept seeing people saying this game was coming out soon. So I ended up jumping on the bandwagon and getting it too.
My shoes aren't actually brown. Well, one pair is, but I mostly wear grey ones.
FissionXMailed

Post by FissionXMailed »

I found out about a few days after the full release, the 8th or 9th from a random topic made in the General PC boards on Gamefaqs. Being bored and on break from classes I let the curiosity get the better of me and looked up the game and tried it. (Also remembered an article from Kotaku 2010 that I had tabbed to read later a month ago but forgot about it. :lol: )
94% Collected (Only have done Good endings.)
(1st) Emi: Done
(2nd) Hanako: Done
(3rd) Shizune: Done
(4th) Rin: Done
(5th) Lilly: Done
Got the "feels"? Click here for a resolve.
zanzarra

Post by zanzarra »

Kotaku, and an increasing media coverage in the usual circles of the internet I tend to lurk around, following the release. After waiting a few days for the DDL links to come up and passing the time with the act 1 demo I caved and fired up bittorrent.
One day I'll put more than 15 minutes of work into an avatar. One day.
Palodin

Post by Palodin »

Saw it around the release of the Act 1 demo, through a thread on /v/. Kept my beady little eyes on the project since. Shocked that was only 2 and a half years ago, feels longer.