Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Alcarran

Re: Ask!

Post by Alcarran »

Hey there devs, I have a couple of questions I'd really appreciate you clearing up for me and anyone else thinking them...

1. How long do you predict that Katawa will be sticking around? Lots of people say it is just flavor of the month, but I could see this game going on to win awards to be honest.

2. Are you sad that you couldn't give each character an epilogue? I know this gets discussed A TON but I just cant seem to get over the fact that Lilly's path feels the most complete (lots of framing with Hisao ending up in a hospital, the return of the music box, etc... Not to mention the really touching scene where Hisao and Lilly confess to one another, which really never seems to happens in the other stories.. It just feels like a shame that much depth couldn't be applied to the other's stories. (Not to mention my favorite route is about 1/3 as long as Lilly's (It's Hanako :) )

3. This one is more for NicolAmarfi: What do you think of this remix? I just cannot stop listening to it!

Thank you for your time, the game and all the feels. So sad to see it end... so so very sad.

Also - what do you think of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic? -obligatory Brony question :P
Nazo25

Post by Nazo25 »

when do you expect to have the ddl links up for?
Nicol Armarfi
Musician

Post by Nicol Armarfi »

Alcarran wrote:3. This one is more for NicolAmarfi: What do you think of this remix? I just cannot stop listening to it!
It's not much of a remix, it's more like an original track made of samples. The musician who made this seems pretty talented though, so props.
Alcarran wrote:Also - what do you think of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic? -obligatory Brony question :P
: |
C'mon, son.
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

kahafb wrote:Thank you for those answers, and has this question ever been asked?

You guys created a really awesome game, but what kind of games do you guys like to play? Are you guys even gamers?
I play a little bit of everything--I'm a big Bioware fan, I have an irrational love of anything Ice Pick Lodge has done (Cargo!, The Void, Pathologic), I have a soft spot for the Resident Evil games even though I barely play them, Dead Space is fun too... I enjoy a bit of FIFA 12 and Halo and uh... really kind of a lot of stuff. Wait, didn't we answer this question earlier?
Alcarran wrote:Hey there devs, I have a couple of questions I'd really appreciate you clearing up for me and anyone else thinking them...

1. How long do you predict that Katawa will be sticking around? Lots of people say it is just flavor of the month, but I could see this game going on to win awards to be honest.

2. Are you sad that you couldn't give each character an epilogue? I know this gets discussed A TON but I just cant seem to get over the fact that Lilly's path feels the most complete (lots of framing with Hisao ending up in a hospital, the return of the music box, etc... Not to mention the really touching scene where Hisao and Lilly confess to one another, which really never seems to happens in the other stories.. It just feels like a shame that much depth couldn't be applied to the other's stories. (Not to mention my favorite route is about 1/3 as long as Lilly's (It's Hanako :) )
1. Time will tell.

2. My only regret is that putting an epilogue on Lilly's path made everyone bitch about how we didn't do epilogues for everyone. I do not regret Emi's path ending exactly where it ends and not before or after.
Hisui wrote:Hi hi 4LS

How did the character of the Nurse happen? Who decided to add a reference to Nurse-kun, and how early in development?
We decided there had to be a nurse character very early on (before we moved to the new board and maybe even in the original 4chan thread but that could be wrong) but I have no fucking clue who first thought of him. In early scene drafts (because even the girls didn't have names in early scene drafts) we never bothered to give him a name, and then... we just never got around to doing it. Eventually we figured that we'd just leave him nameless, which I always liked as another veiled Doctor Who reference but other writers liked for their own reasons.

Guest wrote: 1. Was there any material (scenes, subplots, art, music, game features) which didn't make it into the final game, which you really hated having to cut? Perhaps some ideas that the team came up with, which had to be scrapped due to changes in direction, time constrictions, technical limitations, or whatever. How would they have been implemented if they had been kept, and how might KS have been different if they had stayed in?

2. Which character(s) went through the most change, in terms of back story, personality, and how her path played out, from concept stage to the final release?
1. There were a few little side plots and whatnot that I was, initially, super-excited about which we cut, but now I don't actually mind as they were all very silly and cut with good reason. The only thing I vaguely wish I could have done was expand Emi's bad end more--there was an epilogue of sorts to that which we cut for a variety of reasons--but in the end I think I like the abruptness of the current ending more. So I guess I don't actually regret having to cut it.

2. Lilly, definitely, for the reasons Aura already went into.

Post by Guest »

Hi devs, I having wondering about Misha's name for a long time. So her real name is Shiina Mikado but why does everyone call her Misha?

Why not make "Misha" her real name instead of a nick name since I don't recall her real name coming out in the VN?
newnar

Post by newnar »

Eh I dunno if this is a stupid question but WTF is the Shimmie section of the site? Is it like some sort of KS deviantart? And how do I create an account over there cause I can't seem to use my forum account.
KSmaniac

Post by KSmaniac »

I've only one question: Why the recruitment for the team dev is still on going? Is still there any projects hidden?

That should be revealed, even if the ETA of it is another 5 years. So whats the problem? All of us can wait patiently for this kind of masterpiece. And anyways, the more people in the team, the faster it gets.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

KSmaniac wrote:I've only one question: Why the recruitment for the team dev is still on going? Is still there any projects hidden?

That should be revealed, even if the ETA of it is another 5 years. So whats the problem? All of us can wait patiently for this kind of masterpiece. And anyways, the more people in the team, the faster it gets.
Simple: It isn't ongoing. How did you get the impression it was?
Also, the equation "more people" = "faster work" is pretty naive in some cases...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
KSmaniac

Post by KSmaniac »

Mirage_GSM wrote:
KSmaniac wrote:I've only one question: Why the recruitment for the team dev is still on going? Is still there any projects hidden?

Simple: It isn't ongoing. How did you get the impression it was?
Also, the equation "more people" = "faster work" is pretty naive in some cases...
Obviously in the forums?
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Haven't seen any current recruitment threads in the forum...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
gunlocksp

Post by gunlocksp »

Question.... (Forgive me if this has been asked before... ) ^^"

Is Jigoro in any way modeled after Richard Wellington http://aceattorney.wikia.com/wiki/Richard_Wellington? I have no idea why but both of them share an uncanny similarity.... =.="
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

kahafb wrote:Thank you for those answers, and has this question ever been asked?

You guys created a really awesome game, but what kind of games do you guys like to play? Are you guys even gamers?
I don't know if I qualify as a "gamer", but I play games every now and then, mostly strategy/RPG/action-adventure games.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

OpusEponymous wrote:Just finished Hanako's story (I had Emi and Rin's story completed before) I can't really express it, but this VN has really touched me. Its seriously inspired me to change my life and live it to the best I possible can. On that note I want to thank you for a very unique experience.

Did you ever expect KS to be this popular and with the amount of feedback in such a period of time?
Well, we expected a somewhat positive response because people liked Act 1. However, it's been bigger and more intense than we expected.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Hisui wrote:Hi hi 4LS

How did the character of the Nurse happen? Who decided to add a reference to Nurse-kun, and how early in development?

Who came up with the Crippled/Heart: Act Katawa video and who made it? I'd like to play them in MBAACC.
Delta made the spoof video.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Nazo25 wrote:when do you expect to have the ddl links up for?
There's no ETA for them, like there's for nothing with us ever. They'll be up if and when they will be.