Ascended Memes

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Brisingr

Re: Ascended Memes

Post by Brisingr »

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/V ... tawaShoujo provides a fairly detailed list of tropes that KS uses.
Notguest

Post by Notguest »

Radien wrote: 1. In the scene where Hisao introduces himself to the class, the camera pans across the classroom. On the left side of the class, you can see a brown-haired boy with a yellow hairband. This is a particularly odd accessory for a dude, and I strongly suspect it was a nod and a wink to Haruhi-kun from the "gender-swapped Haruhi Suzimaya" meme.
Actually, there are several cameos in the classroom, including an unintentional one, the "retcameo". They were all there in the demo too. In fact, the demo also had Lelouch, who was removed in the final version for some reason.
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

I do not know if this can be consider a meme but "Healthy Adolescent Sex Drive". It is in regrades to any Lilly related hentai fanart.
yipyapper

Post by yipyapper »

Snow_Storm wrote:I do not know if this can be consider a meme but "Healthy Adolescent Sex Drive". It is in regrades to any Lilly related hentai fanart.
That makes sense, mind you I'm not trying to promote a bunch of people to draw tasteless Lilly hentai. Tasteful maybe, but a lot of people on the INTERNETS don't give a crap about tastefulness.
"OH GAWD MY DRILLS"
...What? Not a real quote? Oh well, it's Yipyapper's quote now.
"Google will rule the world soon. Accept them now before it's too late."
~Yipyapper
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

yipyapper wrote:
Snow_Storm wrote:I do not know if this can be consider a meme but "Healthy Adolescent Sex Drive". It is in regrades to any Lilly related hentai fanart.
That makes sense, mind you I'm not trying to promote a bunch of people to draw tasteless Lilly hentai. Tasteful maybe, but a lot of people on the INTERNETS don't give a crap about tastefulness.
To be honest with you, it's super funny to see the "Healthy adolescent sex driver" quote with the tasteless hentai.
MadDogV2

Post by MadDogV2 »

Nekken wrote:
Palas wrote:I was sure this topic would feature chocolate, Hisao, but it seems I was wrong.
Ugh. Honestly, I'm glad the writers resisted the temptation to have Hisao pass her a candy bar during one of the lunch scenes or something. You know people would have gone nuts.
Um.. wasn't the cake Hisao got for Hanako's birthday "party" a chocolate cake?
yipyapper

Post by yipyapper »

Snow_Storm wrote:
yipyapper wrote:
To be honest with you, it's super funny to see the "Healthy adolescent sex driver" quote with the tasteless hentai.
OK, maybe it is funny XD
"OH GAWD MY DRILLS"
...What? Not a real quote? Oh well, it's Yipyapper's quote now.
"Google will rule the world soon. Accept them now before it's too late."
~Yipyapper
Radien

Post by Radien »

Brisingr wrote:http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/V ... tawaShoujo provides a fairly detailed list of tropes that KS uses.
Well... while "Ascended Meme" is a defined trope -- and there are other meme-based tropes -- the appearance of a meme does not always equate to a notable trope, so it's quite possible there are memes that aren't mentioned on TVTropes.

...Wow, that was a nitpicky sentence I just wrote there...
Notguest wrote:Actually, there are several cameos in the classroom, including an unintentional one, the "retcameo". They were all there in the demo too. In fact, the demo also had Lelouch, who was removed in the final version for some reason.
There are more? Haha, I shouldn't be surprised... I will keep an eye out next time, though I'm not entirely current on my anime so I might not "get" very many of them.

Retcameo?... Does that mean a character who bore a resemblance to an existing character, so they went back and made it intentional?...
Paths completed so far (in order): Emi, Hanako, Shizune, Lilly (good endings)

Currently playing: Rin's path
newnar

Post by newnar »

Someone please enlighten on the Chocolate.
Chat

Post by Chat »

MadDogV2 wrote:
Nekken wrote:
Palas wrote:I was sure this topic would feature chocolate, Hisao, but it seems I was wrong.
Ugh. Honestly, I'm glad the writers resisted the temptation to have Hisao pass her a candy bar during one of the lunch scenes or something. You know people would have gone nuts.
Um.. wasn't the cake Hisao got for Hanako's birthday "party" a chocolate cake?
Yep, it was.
"Mixing wine and chocolate cake isn't something that I thought would work well, but none of us seem to mind."
guest2

Post by guest2 »

newnar wrote:Someone please enlighten on the Chocolate.
Needless to say, Hanako is a fan.
Katawa Shoujo Piano Sheet Music Project
"Jellyfish are like people to me" - Me
"OH GOD MAH DRILLS" - yipyapper
newnar

Post by newnar »

guest2 wrote:
Why? I've played through all her endings, nowhere does it mention chocolates......
themocaw

Post by themocaw »

newnar wrote:
guest2 wrote:
Why? I've played through all her endings, nowhere does it mention chocolates......
It's a fancomic 4chan made.

http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t ... =15#p16554

Warning: Nausea fuel.
newnar

Post by newnar »

themocaw wrote:
newnar wrote:
It's a fancomic 4chan made.

http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t ... =15#p16554

Warning: Nausea fuel.
WHAT. THE. FUCK.
Esa94

Post by Esa94 »

kscomic is required reading before you start any path in KS