Character Voices

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

metalangel

Re: Character Voices

Post by metalangel »

ZoboCamel wrote:I can't link any voice actor to Shizune, although again I picture a voice (I'm guessing she would be voiced, like Celty's cellphone-writing was in Durarara).
Interesting. I wonder if, once the hero can understand sign language, it would be better to have everything be subtitled or heard as an echoy 'inside my head' voice. And then, whose? Hers or his?
fcd15

Post by fcd15 »

ZoboCamel wrote:Personally, this is what seems natural to me:

Hisao - Yuuichi Nakamura (using his Tomoya voice from Clannad) or Ryohei Kimura (Kodaka from Haganai)
Hanako - Kana Hanazawa (along the lines of her voice for Kanade from Angel Beats) or Mamiko Noto (Haruka from Nogizaka Haruka)... I keep changing my mind on this one :P
Rin - Maaya Sakamoto (with her deadpan Haruhi voice from Ouran, perhaps a little lower)
Emi - Mai Gotou (Mika from Nogizaka Haruka)
Lilly - Mamiko Noto again, or Ayako Kawasumi, or Natsuko Kuwatani
Misha - Yui Horie (Minori from Toradora) or Yuki Matsuoka (Tsuruya from Haruhi)
Kenji - Nobuyuki Hiyama (Madarame from Genshiken)
Yuuko - Rie Tanaka (the teacher from Toradora) or Kikuko Inoue (Sanae from Clannad)
Nurse - Daisuke Ono
Akira - Konomi Maeda (Nanako from Lucky Star)

The ones I picture most strongly would probably be Hisao, Hanako, Rin, Yuuko and Kenji (particularly Kenji). I'm not really sure on Lilly or Misha, I have the right voice in my head for each and the listed ones are similar but not the same. I can't link any voice actor to Shizune, although again I picture a voice (I'm guessing she would be voiced, like Celty's cellphone-writing was in Durarara).
Daisuke Ono played Nagisa's dad on Clannad, right? I feel he would fit Jigoro much better.

Now that I think of it, Hiroshi Kamiya is a goddamn perfect fit for the Nurse. Just think about Soma from Working!!. They even look alike, their personalities are quite similar. I'm just not sure how Kamiya's worried voice would be like, since he would have to play a caring nurse after all.
Tsundere Lightning

Post by Tsundere Lightning »

I would imagine that, for the 'english dub,' the voice of Juliet Cesario would make a good Emi or Lilly. For reference, she's most famous for being the English voice of Belldandy, the title character of Ah, Megami-Sama/Oh My Goddess.
Shizune apologist, Rin fan, semipro visual novelist, noted attention whore

I write KS fanfic. I preread KS fanfic. PM me with requests for either.
delta wrote: I've been caustic and mean since before 4chan even existed.
Bringerof_D

Post by Bringerof_D »

Benkei wrote: Misha - Horie Yui (sample, replete with loud voice, "WAHAHAHA!", and everything).
I AGREE only here's a MUCH better example of the wahaha! skip to 1:35
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wI8C0vU ... re=related

at my first play through of the Act one release a few years back i ahd just finished watching Toradora and the moment i read misha's WAHAHA i had already imagined it in Horie Yui's voice!
~Hello there Kenji, I'm a psychic spy. But dont worry, I know what you're thinking. It wont hurt at all...~
ZoboCamel

Post by ZoboCamel »

fcd15 wrote: Daisuke Ono played Nagisa's dad on Clannad, right? I feel he would fit Jigoro much better.

Now that I think of it, Hiroshi Kamiya is a goddamn perfect fit for the Nurse. Just think about Soma from Working!!. They even look alike, their personalities are quite similar. I'm just not sure how Kamiya's worried voice would be like, since he would have to play a caring nurse after all.
Daisuke Ono wasn't Nagisa's dad - that was Ryotaro Okiayu. But I agree, he (Ryotaro) would make a perfect fit for Jigoro. Hiroshi for the Nurse could work as well.
fcd15

Post by fcd15 »

ZoboCamel wrote:
fcd15 wrote: Daisuke Ono played Nagisa's dad on Clannad, right? I feel he would fit Jigoro much better.

Daisuke Ono wasn't Nagisa's dad - that was Ryotaro Okiayu. But I agree, he (Ryotaro) would make a perfect fit for Jigoro. Hiroshi for the Nurse could work as well.
I always get it wrong :(
luinthoron

Post by luinthoron »

Emi has always been Tamura Yukari for me. Original Emi reminded me of Sunohara Mei in certain sprites, new Emi just upgraded it to Yamada from B Gata H Kei.

edit: Found my old list of possible voices for various other characters. Nothing quite definite, just random ideas, and one seiyuu actually listed for two possible roles, but there they are:

Hisao - Shimono Hiro, Irino Miyu
Hanako - Yanase Natsumi, Nakahara Mai, Chiba Saeko, Satou Akemi, Gotou Saori
Lilly - Inoue Kikuko, Tanaka Rie
Rin - Tanaka Rie
Shizune - Sakamoto Maaya
Misha - Kugimiya Rie
Kenji - Hamada Kenji
Mutou - Fujiwara Keiji
Nurse - Ono Daisuke
Yuuko - Horie Yui
Akira - Hirano Aya
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

Reading Jigoro's dialogue in Norio Wakamoto's voice increased my enjoyment of his character by about 1000%. Try it.
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

Valky

Post by Valky »

Yui Horie as Misha it's perfect, like more people said. xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3eqbmCqtIU
EvilDragon

Post by EvilDragon »

To me, Horo's voice actor (Ami Koshimizu) would be a good Lilly. She can do subtle and proper polite and structured sentences extremely well. She also seems to like voicing characters who use some of more archaic words and forms (Horo, Himari from Omamori Himari). Love her work.
themocaw

Post by themocaw »

Ayako Kawasumi should be Akira, if for no other reason than as a nod to the "Akira = Saber" meme.
ZoboCamel

Post by ZoboCamel »

EvilDragon wrote:To me, Horo's voice actor (Ami Koshimizu) would be a good Lilly. She can do subtle and proper polite and structured sentences extremely well. She also seems to like voicing characters who use some of more archaic words and forms (Horo, Himari from Omamori Himari). Love her work.
Ah, that was one of the ones I was picturing for Lilly. I can see that working.
EvilDragon

Post by EvilDragon »

I agree with Hiroshi Kamiya (ZETSUBOUSHITAAAA!!!!) for the Nurse. It fits like a glove. :D

For his more worried voice, it's good to check some parts of Bakemonogatari and now Nisemonogatari as well (he did a great job for Araragi-kun).
MadDogV2

Post by MadDogV2 »

Shizune- Marina Inoue (when Hisao becomes able to read sign what she's signing becomes voiced)
Misha- Yui Horie
Hanako- Mamiko Noto
Lilly- Miyuki Sawashiro (personally I think she could play damn near everyone with that incredible range of hers, but I'm biased since I'm a huge fan)
Emi- Yukari Tamura
Rin- Maaya Sakamoto
Hisao- Yuuichi Nakamura (Tomoya in Clannad)
Mutou- Keiji Fujiwara
Kenji- Nobuyuki Hiyama (teen/adult Link in Zelda, he's perfect for an unstable GAR character like Kenji)
Yuuko- Yuuko Gotou
Jigoro- Norio Wakamoto
Hideaki- Minori Chihara
Akira- Haruka Tomatsu
Nurse- Ono Daisuke
Meiko- Kikuko Inoue
Miki- Aya Hirano
Shopkeeper- Takeshi Aono
Mkvenner

Post by Mkvenner »

The only voice that I heard in my head when I played through was Sayaka Ohara (Alicia from Aria) for Lilly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_eUWzXN9lw#t=1069s