nomiya

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

russianspy1234

nomiya

Post by russianspy1234 »

am i the only one who found him incredibly creepy? even back in act 1 there was something about him that was throwing me off. i half expected to have to rescue rin from him at some point during her path, and i dont mean in the way that hisao does after the art gallery breakdown
UncleJellyfish

Re: nomiya

Post by UncleJellyfish »

I heard he was worse than Jigoro (Shizune's dad), but when I first encountered him, I actually found him quite likable and interesting. It wasn't until Rin's Act 3 and 4 that I started to see WHY people didn't like him. Honestly, I wish he'd die in a fire, now.
I'm a Jellyfish that just so happens to be someone's Uncle.
Rin♥ > Hanako > Shizune/Lilly > Emi
My Katawa Shoujo Impressions.
Katawa Shoujo - Written Novel Project
I hate spoiler tags, so I will never use them in discussion. If you don't want me to spoil something for you, then don't read what I write.
Ry74

Post by Ry74 »

UncleJellyfish wrote:I heard he was worse than Jigoro (Shizune's dad), but when I first encountered him, I actually found him quite likable and interesting. It wasn't until Rin's Act 3 and 4 that I started to see WHY people didn't like him. Honestly, I wish he'd die in a fire, now.
Yeah, Jigoro is generally too over-the-top for me to take seriously (and Misha agrees with me. :) ). Nomiya was more effective because he was more grounded. From what I've heard, there are art teachers like that, who try to push their own failed art careers on promising students.
russianspy1234

Post by russianspy1234 »

and then there was the fact that during a non rin path, he leaves for a time whereas he stays if you tell him you want to join the art club. seemed like he was trying to ensure you didnt encroach on his territory.
Koda89

Post by Koda89 »

I was creeped out by him as well. I actually thought at first with Rin being....well....Rin and the way Nomiya was talking at times, I actually *shudder* thought he was doing something like molesting Rin on the side.

And then of course he turns into the king of all assholes. :evil:
yipyapper

Post by yipyapper »

UncleJellyfish wrote:I heard he was worse than Jigoro (Shizune's dad), but when I first encountered him, I actually found him quite likable and interesting. It wasn't until Rin's Act 3 and 4 that I started to see WHY people didn't like him. Honestly, I wish he'd die in a fire, now.
My thoughts exactly.
"OH GAWD MY DRILLS"
...What? Not a real quote? Oh well, it's Yipyapper's quote now.
"Google will rule the world soon. Accept them now before it's too late."
~Yipyapper
Notguest

Post by Notguest »

russianspy1234 wrote:and then there was the fact that during a non rin path, he leaves for a time whereas he stays if you tell him you want to join the art club. seemed like he was trying to ensure you didnt encroach on his territory.
What? I don't recall any mention of him on the other paths. I do wonder why Shizune's afraid of him though.
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

Not gonna lie, I half-expected (more like 3/4 expected) him to try to make some moves/molest/rape Rin during her arc.

At first, he look cool but then he got creepy.
Ry74

Post by Ry74 »

Notguest wrote: What? I don't recall any mention of him on the other paths. I do wonder why Shizune's afraid of him though.
I don't think she's afraid of him, she just doesn't like him because of how he tries to say "hi" to her when she comes in- probably reminds her too much of her dad.
russianspy1234

Post by russianspy1234 »

Notguest wrote:
russianspy1234 wrote:and then there was the fact that during a non rin path, he leaves for a time whereas he stays if you tell him you want to join the art club. seemed like he was trying to ensure you didnt encroach on his territory.
What? I don't recall any mention of him on the other paths. I do wonder why Shizune's afraid of him though.
theres a path through act one where you at one point are hanging out with rin but havent commited to her path that you run into him, and choose to join the art club (rin path) or go do something else
UncleJellyfish

Post by UncleJellyfish »

russianspy1234 wrote:
Notguest wrote:
theres a path through act one where you at one point are hanging out with rin but havent commited to her path that you run into him, and choose to join the art club (rin path) or go do something else
If you "go do something else" then you get Kenji's path, IIRC.
I hate spoiler tags, so I will never use them in discussion. If you don't want me to spoil something for you, then don't read what I write.
russianspy1234

Post by russianspy1234 »

UncleJellyfish wrote: If you "go do something else" then you get Kenji's path, IIRC.
maybe, i think you might still not be locked out of emi path from that direction, but w/e. the main point is he stays if you join and leaves for a trip if you dont.
InfiniteBladeWorks

Post by InfiniteBladeWorks »

I hate him with every bone in my body.

He has also always creeped me out.
1. Rin
2. Lily
3. Emi
4. Shizune
5. Hanako
UncleJellyfish

Post by UncleJellyfish »

InfiniteBladeWorks wrote:I hate him with every bone in my body.

He has also always creeped me out.
Then again, anyone that has Rin♥ at the top of their favorites list hates every bone in his body and wishes he'd die in a fire.
Tualha

Post by Tualha »

He didn't strike me as creepy, just kind of weird and different. Until the show, when he started to reveal what an asshole he is, and then his last scene, where he firmly establishes that yes, he's a total asshole. I'm really pleased that Rin had grown enough that she was able to stand up to him.

Hmm, just occurred to me - Rin will have to stay all summer to make up the classes she missed. And Hisao won't leave her. Maybe he'll take some extra credit classes for his future science career.