Piano Sheet Music?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

guest2

Re: Piano Sheet Music?

Post by guest2 »

Coconuts738 wrote:Any chance we could get a piano sheet for "Three Stars" the music that plays in Shizune's Cinema intro for Act 2?
Seconding this. Also, Cloudland Swing.
Nicol Armarfi wrote:
Ildaris wrote:Hey Nicol, since you composed both songs, are Innocence and Red Velvet related? Red Velvet kept reminding me of another song on the soundtrack, and I just happened to put the two right after one another and they sound remarkably similar.

Great job on all the music, really makes me feel things I haven't felt in years :)
They aren't related, in fact I'm a little baffled now that you mention this. They sound very different to me :S. I'm glad you enjoyed the music though :)!
Hey Nicol, are the themes in Raindrops and Puddles and the end of Jitter related? They sound super similar. And for some reason, I keep thinking the >0:50 part of Aria de l'Etoile is a variation on another song's theme, too, but can't figure it out.
Last edited by guest2 on Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Katawa Shoujo Piano Sheet Music Project
"Jellyfish are like people to me" - Me
"OH GOD MAH DRILLS" - yipyapper
FstrthnU

Post by FstrthnU »

I want to point out something strange, the bonus track Nicol released (When It's Hard to Smile) sounds very similar to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydQdDbYjQY8 (A piano arrangement of Shanhai Alice of Meiji 17 from Touhou 6)
Nicol Armarfi
Musician

Post by Nicol Armarfi »

FstrthnU wrote:I want to point out something strange, the bonus track Nicol released (When It's Hard to Smile) sounds very similar to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydQdDbYjQY8 (A piano arrangement of Shanhai Alice of Meiji 17 from Touhou 6)
Sounds more like this: ;)
guest2 wrote:Hey Nicol, are the themes in Raindrops and Puddles and the end of Jitter related? They sound super similar. And for some reason, I keep thinking the >0:50 part of Aria de l'Etoile is a variation on another song's theme, too, but can't figure it out.
The theme at the end of Jitter is the theme from Raindrops and Puddles. All the opening sequences are based around each character's respective themes, Hanako's being Painful History, which is essentially a minor key version of Raindrops and Puddles. Aria de l'Etoile isn't related to anything, though.
guest2

Post by guest2 »

Nicol Armarfi wrote:
FstrthnU wrote:I want to point out something strange, the bonus track Nicol released (When It's Hard to Smile) sounds very similar to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydQdDbYjQY8 (A piano arrangement of Shanhai Alice of Meiji 17 from Touhou 6)
Sounds more like this: ;)
I wondered, haha...
Nicol Armarfi wrote:
guest2 wrote:Hey Nicol, are the themes in Raindrops and Puddles and the end of Jitter related? They sound super similar. And for some reason, I keep thinking the >0:50 part of Aria de l'Etoile is a variation on another song's theme, too, but can't figure it out.
The theme at the end of Jitter is the theme from Raindrops and Puddles. All the opening sequences are based around each character's respective themes, Hanako's being Painful History, which is essentially a minor key version of Raindrops and Puddles. Aria de l'Etoile isn't related to anything, though.
Ah okay. That makes sense. 'Course now I'm gonna go listen to all the themes and try to spot the similarities. :lol: bbl
Katawa Shoujo Piano Sheet Music Project
"Jellyfish are like people to me" - Me
"OH GOD MAH DRILLS" - yipyapper
kedash

Post by kedash »

Nicol! While you're here, and I know I've asked this quite a few times, but could we get a sheet/midi of Cloudland Swing and Teatime, Fast Forward?

These two are sooo good, shocking to see how nobody's transcribed them yet
Ensi

Post by Ensi »

Armarfi, you seem like a pretty cool guy eh, answering in threads and doesn't afraid of anything.

I want you to know that I thoroughly enjoyed the music you made, even listening to some now. Now playing: Raindrops and Puddles. My favorite is Painful History though :D

Only complaint/notice I have is that sometimes you can really obviously hear that it's MIDI. But eh I can overlook that, i'm sure you have a valid reason :)
WITH THE DOWHOP DIDDLY DOO SHLAPPAH CLAPPAH MAFFAH WHOOGLY A SHING SHONG SHAMMA LAMMA
Orange

Post by Orange »

Ensi wrote:Armarfi, you seem like a pretty cool guy eh, answering in threads and doesn't afraid of anything.

I want you to know that I thoroughly enjoyed the music you made, even listening to some now. Now playing: Raindrops and Puddles. My favorite is Painful History though :D

Only complaint/notice I have is that sometimes you can really obviously hear that it's MIDI. But eh I can overlook that, i'm sure you have a valid reason :)
Well, apparently he notated the music in Finale, then exported it as a midi for the purpose of opening it in FL Studio where he chose instruments and manipulated the sounds.

I certainly don't blame him; as I continue to get more familiar with other sound design software like Ableton, I'm becoming more and more aware of how poor quality FL Studio is.
DH531

Post by DH531 »

Hey people, I've transcribed Aria de l'Etoile if anyone is interested :D
Do keep in mind that this is my first transcription though, I didn't do anything fancy with it, literally wrote down what I could hear. If you think there's an error do tell so I can adjust it, when I have time.
If I can be bothered, I might try to make a proper arrangement, to try and extend it a bit, but that can wait :D

Sheet: http://www.mediafire.com/?a6b76ibuiqeo7fy

Midi: http://www.mediafire.com/?on6ubc1yxnxt1oa

EDIT: I updated the sheets slightly
http://www.mediafire.com/?xpej5mw0ekw8m59
Last edited by DH531 on Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
EvilDragon

Post by EvilDragon »

Orange wrote:I certainly don't blame him; as I continue to get more familiar with other sound design software like Ableton, I'm becoming more and more aware of how poor quality FL Studio is.
FLS is not poor quality. It's just geared towards different crowd, and a different workflow (one that does not support time signature changes within the project!). All DAWs "sound" the same if you use all the same plugins, anyways, and this has been proven time and time again.
Orange

Post by Orange »

EvilDragon wrote:FLS is not poor quality. It's just geared towards different crowd, and a different workflow (one that does not support time signature changes within the project!). All DAWs "sound" the same if you use all the same plugins, anyways, and this has been proven time and time again.
Well, obviously I'm not talking about the plug-ins. I'm just saying Ableton is very streamlined and efficient in how it approaches everything. FL Studio will invariably end up with dozens of different windows, and it never really explained anything. I always had to consult outside sources to try to find out how to accomplish something, and I never actually found out how to get some things exactly as I wanted them.

But yes, FLS is definitely geared towards the dubstep, techno, party, house music, etc. crowd.
EvilDragon

Post by EvilDragon »

Yeah, that's a workflow thing. BTW if you want tons of windows, try Cubase, not FL. FL is nothing compared to that abomination! :D
Ensi

Post by Ensi »

I tried Fruity Loops a couple of times. Couldn't stand it! Any daw that has a decent MIDI editor and good support for plugins + all the basic stuff you need is good enough for me :)

Still think FL is a massive brainderp.
WITH THE DOWHOP DIDDLY DOO SHLAPPAH CLAPPAH MAFFAH WHOOGLY A SHING SHONG SHAMMA LAMMA
DRKO

Post by DRKO »

Orange wrote: On the whole Ab minor topic, can't you completely ignore the key signature to play the song in A minor (with the exception of making naturals into sharps)? I'm not entirely sure and would like to know, because I might end up doing this at some point.
There is a neat little trick you can do regarding that.

What you are doing is transposing the work up/down one semitone, or one half-step. In songs with few accidentals, it's easy; subtract the number of accidentals you currently have from seven. That number will equal the number of opposite accidentals the new key will have.

For example if the song has five flats, take five from seven to equal two. That's your number of sharps. Use the key of D major rather than Db major (or equivalent minor keys), and play as written.

If the song has any accidentals floating around (especially some minor keys), you'll have to mentally transpose the notes as you go in the proper direction.

Hope that helps a bit.
mprasil

Post by mprasil »

Orange wrote:On the whole Ab minor topic, can't you completely ignore the key signature to play the song in A minor (with the exception of making naturals into sharps)? I'm not entirely sure and would like to know, because I might end up doing this at some point.
Yessir. You could totally do that. Just be really careful with those accidentals!! And I would suggest learning to play it in Ab minor on the piano, just because it is much easier on the fingers and more natural, but if it's really too hard, then I'm all for you changing it!
-My real name is actually Misha.
mprasil

Post by mprasil »

Alright, so I've got a bit of bad news. Romance in Andante II is in the key of Ab major. Now that's not nearly as hectic as Ab minor, but I know how much you guys all hate the whole Ab shebang. So here's what I'll do. I'll transcribe one version in Ab major, as it sounds, and I'll transcribe another into whatever major key you guys agree on that would be easiest. Fair deal?
-My real name is actually Misha.