Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

HurricaneHarvey

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by HurricaneHarvey »

thisismyname09 wrote:I read Rin's route first, so instead of starting to exercise, I started eating oranges.
I ended up with Rin first too and it was probably my favorite by a small margin. I already liked oranges
Sorry for my grammar and spelling. I am not very good at those...
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

thisismyname09 wrote:I read Rin's route first, so instead of starting to exercise, I started eating oranges.
I guess it's ok, as long as you don't use your hands (pro tip: wash feet first) :D.
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

Almost finished rebuilding my bicycle (built the one myself a few months before KS). Right now setting up the derailers, planning to go for a ride in an hour. Everybody wish me luck, want to lose 30 kg this year :D
I think Emi would be proud of me.

By the way, here's how it looked like before the current modifications:

The labyrinth of memories that is killing me
Syrii

Post by Syrii »

Just started the Emi workout chart yesterday and I'm pretty sore today. I'm pretty out of shape so I'm not surprised, but it felt really good to finish. Going to go again tomorrow <3 It was super hard yesterday because there's still snow on the ground where I live and even sheets of ice in the park since there's a lake there and the wind is colder...

I fell once while running, and once getting off of the swings during my and my partner's celebratory playground romp .///.;;;

Hopefully it'll all be melted by tomorrow (or at least mostly and I can get a good run in without slipping on hidden ice. -___-; Good luck to all of those out there doing it too! Supporting you via internet!
bradpara

Post by bradpara »

Finally got the Wii Fit that I got for Cristmas set up and actually did a Run as a part of it. I actually do very good about myself.

And yes, I selected the female Trainer, sue me.
Shizune=Hanako>Lilly>Emi=Rin
Family Game Night A Shizune After Story Fic
dawnoffayt

Post by dawnoffayt »

I ran cross country in high school and now 2 years later, after reading emi's route i got that "If she can go through so much and still run..Theres absolutely no excuse for me not to be running." feeling..I'm planning to start running within the next day or so once I get my diet in order and a proper running schedule...Emi makes me want to love it the way she does. Its weird having a game make me feel this way but its true...
HurricaneHarvey

Alright! I was afraid this thread had died. Still going 6 days a week myself. I need to start lifting weights more regularly I think but starting the routine is hard. Anyone else who got started running still keeping with it?
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

Still training, yep, in addition I picked up weight training again yesterday (was "grounded" for 6 months due to taking an arrow in the knee :D so had to switch to a bicycle) so I can alternate between the strides, riding the bicycle and weight training.
HurricaneHarvey

dunkelfalke wrote:Still training, yep, in addition I picked up weight training again yesterday (was "grounded" for 6 months due to taking an arrow in the knee :D so had to switch to a bicycle) so I can alternate between the strides, riding the bicycle and weight training.
Them arrows seem to hit in the knee a lot. Good to hear the fancy bike is in full use though :) .
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

For certain values of full. Mostly city with a bit field and forrest. But I promised myself that if I manage to lose at least 20 kg this year, I'll buy myself a €500 fork (the current is a €180 one) and go to the mountains with the bike :D
urishima

Post by urishima »

HurricaneHarvey wrote:Alright! I was afraid this thread had died. Still going 6 days a week myself. I need to start lifting weights more regularly I think but starting the routine is hard. Anyone else who got started running still keeping with it?
Yeah, still going with my routine. 3 times a week according to Emi's routine and saturdays at the gym for muscle training and more cardio.
Took an advice from a colleague of mine who has quite a bit of experience in running and tuned my tempo down a bit since I was experiencing some pain in the chins and stiffness in the left calf even long after running. Worked out great :D
Rin - finished
Emi - finished
Shizune - finished
Lilly - finished
Hanako
dawnoffayt

Post by dawnoffayt »

urishima wrote:
HurricaneHarvey wrote:Alright! I was afraid this thread had died. Still going 6 days a week myself. I need to start lifting weights more regularly I think but starting the routine is hard. Anyone else who got started running still keeping with it?
Yeah, still going with my routine. 3 times a week according to Emi's routine and saturdays at the gym for muscle training and more cardio.
Took an advice from a colleague of mine who has quite a bit of experience in running and tuned my tempo down a bit since I was experiencing some pain in the chins and stiffness in the left calf even long after running. Worked out great :D
Her workout is only 3 days a week? It seemed so much like every day, ill have to make note of that, since its exactly what im looking to do (3 days, m/w/f)
HurricaneHarvey

dawnoffayt wrote: Her workout is only 3 days a week? It seemed so much like every day, ill have to make note of that, since its exactly what im looking to do (3 days, m/w/f)
Check out the work out guide from a couple pages ago, that is what he was referring too I think. Also its not a half bad plan to follow if you need something for some kind of structure.
Brisingr

Post by Brisingr »

Lately I've decided to hit the treadmill after class in the gym. Since I can't run for any great distance, I decided to wear 10-lb leg weights and power walk for about 2 miles and listen to some music. I notice some people staring at the weights while I walk and they seem amazed than anyone can walk 2 miles with 10-lb of dead weight on each leg. I could easily increase it to 15 but the pair of weights I have now can only go to 10.
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

Be careful with that, it can wear your knees out. A weight vest is better IMHO.