About KS and the community here.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Theeyebrowsofdoom

About KS and the community here.

Post by Theeyebrowsofdoom »

I feel as though reading people's feelings and opinions on Katawa Shoujo here on the forums is somehow a continuation of my experience with KS, therefore I love it quite a lot. However, there's just SO MANY posts to read that I know it's impossible for me to read all of them and this makes me feel like I'm missing out. Does anyone have the same feelings on the matter? I love you all, because you love Katawa Shoujo.
charmisokay

Re: About KS and the community here.

Post by charmisokay »

Yes, if you dont dedicate a lot of time to it you wont be able to read most of this forum.
I only read new topics and read the posts on interesting topics :D
After playing Lilly's route I started eating pizza with a knife and a fork ^^ I'm such a gentleman.
A Humbled Fan

Post by A Humbled Fan »

It's going to be nearly impossible for you to read every post that occurs here. Pick out the topics you think are interesting and focus on those.
Theeyebrowsofdoom

Wow this quickly turned into an advice thread about how to read the forums. BUT IT'S OKAY BECAUSE I LOVE YOU ALL.
A Humbled Fan

Post by A Humbled Fan »

:D

Our advice is just a way of saying that we feel the same way that you do :D

Wahahaha~!
encrypted12345

Post by encrypted12345 »

I love these forums as well. All the life stories are interesting and reading them gives me some useful experience for when I become a therapist. These forums have such a wide variety of people that it's impossible to not be entertained by them. It's amazing that so many random people could gather in one place and gush their hearts out.
A Humbled Fan

Post by A Humbled Fan »

encrypted12345 wrote:I love these forums as well. All the life stories are interesting and reading them gives me some useful experience for when I become a therapist. These forums have such a wide variety of people that it's impossible to not be entertained by them. It's amazing that so many random people could gather in one place and gush their hearts out.
It's a psychologists dream, isn't it? I can attest to that :lol:
Tomate

Post by Tomate »

Sometimes this community freaks me out when they tear up and have the feels because of reasons.
But everybody is nice, most posts are relevant, inspiring or funny though those sad life stories that everybody seems to love tend to annoy me.
Don't just eat that hamburger, eat the HELL out of it!
Theeyebrowsofdoom

You know what they say. Art connects people. This communal communication completes the experience.
UncleJellyfish

Post by UncleJellyfish »

I joined this forum like....two or three days ago, and I can already say that I love you all and I intend to stay for a long time. Also, I seem to only see the same 10-20 people posting. o_O"
I'm a Jellyfish that just so happens to be someone's Uncle.
Rin♥ > Hanako > Shizune/Lilly > Emi
My Katawa Shoujo Impressions.
Katawa Shoujo - Written Novel Project
I hate spoiler tags, so I will never use them in discussion. If you don't want me to spoil something for you, then don't read what I write.
DH531

Post by DH531 »

I've come to love this forum a lot, i've only joined a couple of forums before but never did much, this one however feels very nice to be a part of :D The various topics that arise are very interesting :mrgreen:
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

Losing the sense of community on the forums was something I dreaded with the release of KS. It's out, now what are we all going to get hyped up about?
Bara

Post by Bara »

UncleJellyfish wrote:I joined this forum like....two or three days ago, and I can already say that I love you all and I intend to stay for a long time. Also, I seem to only see the same 10-20 people posting. o_O"
I've pretty much said all I want to say about KS long ago when Act 1 was new-ish. Unless there is some really good observation or insight that someone brings to a post I'm pretty much going to glance at it and go on to the next.
The experience of a person who has been in the KS forums for months and months is absolutely going to be different than someone new to KS.

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
UncleJellyfish

Post by UncleJellyfish »

That's quite true, Bara. I heard about KS a little bit before the full version was released. After it came out, my step-son played through two arcs (Lilly and Hanako) before finally giving it to me. I'd never played a VN before, but I was somewhat familiar with what they were thanks to Kami Nomi. Needless to say, I loved it so much I sought out the forums just to find people to talk about it with. Unfortunately for me, it seems that many on here are much like yourself, having followed it for a long while and having said pretty much all there is to say. I guess what I'm hoping for is more people to get as into it as I did and seek out these forums as well, so that the community can grow instead of slowly die out.
I'm a Jellyfish that just so happens to be someone's Uncle.
Rin♥ > Hanako > Shizune/Lilly > Emi
My Katawa Shoujo Impressions.
Katawa Shoujo - Written Novel Project
I hate spoiler tags, so I will never use them in discussion. If you don't want me to spoil something for you, then don't read what I write.
A Humbled Fan

Post by A Humbled Fan »

This is probably one of the best communities I've ever been apart of (and thats saying something). I plan to stick around for awhile, and I hope all of you do too!