Katawa Shoujo Soundtrack Up for Download

Comment on and discuss blog posts in here. One thread per post.
Tualha

Re: Katawa Shoujo Soundtrack Up for Download

Post by Tualha »

Nicol Armarfi wrote:There can't be a lossless version because I never made lossless versions, and I lost the project files so I can't ever make lossless versions. Personally I don't care much about things like bitrate, but I understand some people do. You're welcome to complain about the bitrate of my free soundtrack that I worked on for five years for you, but please have the courtesy to do it elsewhere.
You...lost the project files?
<beat>
Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...
Tragic. Thank goodness the music itself is safe, at least. Thank you for everything you've done. It's soooooooo good...
megawatt man

Post by megawatt man »

Shame it isn't in 320kbps, but thank you for the soundtrack. Some very great tracks here.
Anonzs

Post by Anonzs »

I'm sorry if I'm being rather blunt but could you tell me if I can use any of these music for use in my video(s) which i may post onto youtube. I just want to be 100% sure before I do anything.

ON another note this is a great soundtrack and I am sure I'm gonna be listening to it while I study and have any other free time. Thank you very much for giving out the downlaod.

Post by Guest »

Everyday Fantasy keeps poping up on my playlist as I walk through the door to the library at my college. Creeps me out, but also makes my day great!
megawatt man

Post by megawatt man »

I also noticed that there are a few people on here that where sad that the last few chords of Hanako's "Jitter" theme where left out, well this version should please you http://www.mediafire.com/?yq4sqj806m994za
Hananosei

Post by Hananosei »

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I am so happy. I listened to the whole soundtrack once and now I got all those emotions rushing all over again. Ughh. Lol <3

Kougeru

Post by Kougeru »

Oh man...I'm glad I checked for this today. After I finished the game a week and a half ago I just been waiting for an official OST release (I know there was rips and stuff but I' a purist). Thank you so much for this, great work. I hope this won't be the only project I hear from the artists behind this music..very talented.
Kirkner

Post by Kirkner »

Huh, I'm easily persuaded into reviews of such games, so when I heard that the music for ks was just average, I thought just that, but huh, It's pretty soothing to listen to at times. Good job on this and thanks for making it available to everyone because I seriously thought that you guys would just vanish on us after the full release of the game, but I know it'll happen sooner then later. I can't help but wonder what the track that plays in between acts is. seems familiar but I can't tell all together lol.
A Kimikiss x Katawa Shoujo comparison...
Mao - Rin... ?
Yuumi - Lily
Asuka - Emi
Eriko - Hanako
Mitsuki - Shizune
Best I could come up with strangely enough.
Palas

Post by Palas »

I've noticed just now that Painful History is kind of a Bad Future version of Raindrops and Puddles. It was awesome and amusing to notice this at the same time. Another reason why gotta love Nicol.

EDIT: And Shadow of the Truth sounds like some kind of Parity's dark counterpart. Is that so? Damn, a new world opens right before my ears.
While we are here discussing, Hanako is somewhere hopping from dark to darker tiles. Alone.
Falkentyne

Post by Falkentyne »

While you're on that train of thought, Hokabi is pretty much a "silly mode" version of Stride.

And while not necessarily two different tracks, the differences between the full release and Act 1 versions of Daylight are almost night and day. That slowdown bit in the Act 1 version always gave me the creeps...
asakayosapro

Post by asakayosapro »

Got it, loving it, listening to it.
Seconding that noticed cutoff for the last few notes of 'Jitter' and was wondering whether it was intentional or not - I mean no offence, just curious. Either way...
megawatt man wrote:I also noticed that there are a few people on here that where sad that the last few chords of Hanako's "Jitter" theme where left out, well this version should please you http://www.mediafire.com/?yq4sqj806m994za
Thanks very much for this.

Sorry to bore you with my curiosity even further, but i happened to stumble upon a few of the Act 1 beta tracks, e.g. the old version/s of 'Parity' and 'Wiosna' and maybe a few others, and so I ask why they are not included with this release; and if they were intentionally not included, if you have plans to release them separately later on. IMHO, they are nice to listen to and good tracks in their own way,too.

Post by Guest »

DLing it ryt nao.

thank you 4LS, for everything. from the well-made art, to the amazing writing (OH GOD, THAT AWESOME WRITING. LILLYYYYY!!!), to the most wonderful soundtrack i have heard in a VN.

you guys have utilized the medium of visual novels to its fullest potential, and i think i'm going to have a hard time finding another one that could top this.

it also makes me very inspired by all your efforts to accomplish this great project. so even more thanks for that.

much love! =)
The_Thing

Post by The_Thing »

Great soundtrack. It's worth listening to. Anytime I hear one of these I will think of the times when I played this game.
YeOldGrog

Post by YeOldGrog »

"Cold Iron" always reminds me of how worried i would get when going through Rin's story. But i am glad i stuck to it because it was just so touching and wonderfully beautiful.
Thank you for releasing the OST!
"There are many causes I would die for. There is not a single cause I would kill for."
-Mohandas K. Gandhi -
DeleV

Post by DeleV »

I recently checked the difference between the music in Act 1 V5 and the final release. I knew it was different and that most of the songs were cleaned up, but I hadn't realised how big the difference actually is. So I'd like to give a big thank you to Nicol for revisiting his music redoing pretty much everything with his improved ability! I just miss the old Student Council tune a bit. It makes me curious what it would have sounded like if it was just polished without changing the composition. Anyway, all in all a great soundtrack that creates the mood for the game very well.