KS gets into your head...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

A Humbled Fan

Re: KS gets into your head...

Post by A Humbled Fan »

yipyapper wrote:
Aelexe wrote:My favourite character was Misha, so due to the lack of a path for her I managed to escape largely without a case of 'The Feels'.

That said, I do miss Katawa Shoujo on the whole. Not just the visual novel itself but also the time spent waiting for it. It was a fun experience, these forums were great.
Yeah, I haven't seen many people actually get The Feels from Misha.

Not the feels, per se, but an overwhelming sense of happiness. She just a lighthearted and fun character.

Wahahahaha~!
yipyapper

Post by yipyapper »

A Humbled Fan wrote:
yipyapper wrote:
Aelexe wrote:My favourite character was Misha, so due to the lack of a path for her I managed to escape largely without a case of 'The Feels'.

That said, I do miss Katawa Shoujo on the whole. Not just the visual novel itself but also the time spent waiting for it. It was a fun experience, these forums were great.
Yeah, I haven't seen many people actually get The Feels from Misha.

Not the feels, per se, but an overwhelming sense of happiness. She just a lighthearted and fun character.

Wahahahaha~!
Oh god, the wahahaha was too much for me to bear... I was going to go for a wahaha picture but I just couldn't see that frightening line on my profile. I still needed Misha so I went for her drills instead XD
"OH GAWD MY DRILLS"
...What? Not a real quote? Oh well, it's Yipyapper's quote now.
"Google will rule the world soon. Accept them now before it's too late."
~Yipyapper
A Humbled Fan

Post by A Humbled Fan »

I almost cried when she cut her hair short... That was the feels that I got :D
yipyapper

Post by yipyapper »

A Humbled Fan wrote:I almost cried when she cut her hair short... That was the feels that I got :D
I was amazed to see her with hair cut short. She didn't look as funny and she didn't have the drills, making my picture lose its credibility. Wahahah~... I can't get that damned line out of my head, thanks for making it extremely noticeable with the contrasting colours, humbled fan.
"OH GAWD MY DRILLS"
...What? Not a real quote? Oh well, it's Yipyapper's quote now.
"Google will rule the world soon. Accept them now before it's too late."
~Yipyapper
myshoesarebrown

Post by myshoesarebrown »

A Humbled Fan wrote:I almost cried when she cut her hair short... That was the feels that I got :D
I... I actually liked her a lot better with short hair...
My shoes aren't actually brown. Well, one pair is, but I mostly wear grey ones.
newnar

Post by newnar »

I was just starting to get over Hanako after finishing Emi's arc. Until I saw the OST thread and downloaded the album. Then. Ouch. Ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch.

Painful History is always playing like some phantom sonata at the back of my head.
A Humbled Fan

Post by A Humbled Fan »

myshoesarebrown wrote:
I... I actually liked her a lot better with short hair...
I did think she looked bad with it either, it was just a total shock! Go attached to her drills :D
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

Sakuya wrote:Did exactly the same but finished both possibilities with the good ending in both cases. This was honestly the scene, where I stopped for a whole evening because I wanted to kill Hisao when he said she could bury her secrets in a grave... Stupid idiot >.<
Yep. I mean, the whole father died in the same accident thing was pretty clear after the hints of the nurse. The meeting with Emi's mother at the track was the final puzzle piece, but Hisao just couldn't figure it out :(
The labyrinth of memories that is killing me
encrypted12345

Post by encrypted12345 »

dunkelfalke wrote:
Yep. I mean, the whole father died in the same accident thing was pretty clear after the hints of the nurse. The meeting with Emi's mother at the track was the final puzzle piece, but Hisao just couldn't figure it out :(
I'm pretty sure Hisao knew, but he didn't want to assume until he heard it from her mouth.
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

Don't think so. I played the route three times now, Hisao definitely doesn't get it. Maybe because he's to young and inexperienced.
The labyrinth of memories that is killing me
Saucium

Post by Saucium »

I think I know why visual novels like this one are so compelling: during a recent activity I attended, I learned that people have 3 basic learning types/preferences: visual, auditory and kinesthetic. The medium appeals to all three by giving you pictures, audio and slight interactivity, making it much more powerful than the standard novel or movie.

Having a real-life basis helps, too. I'd wager that the different scenario writers drew from their own experiences or the experiences of someone they knew when they crafted the storylines of their assigned characters.
GDkitty

Post by GDkitty »

I have to agree that it did the same.

I started it as a time passer.. and it grew to an obcession.

I have tried other similar games, etc.. and never had this.. but something in this one just grabed me..

I am a BIG sucker for characters with vulnerablities.. i tent to move towards favoring them in games, shows, books, etc.. so maybe thats why this clicked with me so much.. ontop of the obvious physical, there was many behinds the scenes vulnerabilities present, that drew me in to waning to find out more/resolve.

I literaly could not put the game down.. i stoped playing WoW for a week, played it at work, etc.

While still partialy obcessed with it.. im glad i finished it.. it has helped with not having to play it 24/7 :P It still heavily in my mind, but i no longer have to sit and worry and things about what could happen in other endings, etc.
Jacius Ceed

Post by Jacius Ceed »

GDkitty wrote: I am a BIG sucker for characters with vulnerablities.. i tent to move towards favoring them in games, shows, books, etc.. so maybe thats why this clicked with me so much.. ontop of the obvious physical, there was many behinds the scenes vulnerabilities present, that drew me in to waning to find out more/resolve.
I am the same way, that urge to protect and help those who are vulnerable is too strong.
LostAndFound91

Post by LostAndFound91 »

I have been awe-struck by this VN...

when i finished all the stories [Lilly's being last], I honestly didn't know what to do
I never thought to look on the forums and the feeling just lingered
I tried explaining the story to my best friend and he shrugged and said "that's cool I guess so now what?"
I couldn't answer him

The funny thing is the feeling wasn't necessarily bad ..or good it was just ...you know... there
I figured I was a nutcase or something (didn't eat/sex drive was nonexistent/loss of direction)
And then after about a week I stumbled upon this forum and saw this thread
so I read and read...and read
my mind was blown to discover your reactions here

It's funny I don't know any of you guys and yet I find myself thoroughly agreeing with all you've said and easily relating
strange how a good story can bring people together

of course the feeling is still there, but it's different knowing someone out there is feeling it too

so I just wanted to say thanks metalangel
for creating this thread

and A Humble Fan and dunkelfalke for saying what you've been saying I guess

WAHAHAHAHA and the rest of you guys too
KS DOES GET IN YOUR HEAD but I don't think that's a bad thing... nope not at all
LostAndFound

Post by LostAndFound »

Didn't realize I wasn't logged in .___.

no wonder it said LostAndFound already taken

well encase it isn't obvious I'm LostAndFound91 just ... without the 91 WAHAHAHA

but seriously thanks again guys