Gandair wrote:Many aspects of this game have been extolled to levels that I feel still fall just short of an accurate description. Having returned to writing myself a year ago as an amateur reporter this game has been a great reminded of what one can do with clever and calculated word choice. It helps quell some of the verboseness that's crept into my paragraphs from years of disuse.
Though I'm unsure if they're correct I'm happy with those three sentences, KS made me love words again after prompting me to look up maudlin, magnanimous, disingenuous, and consternation. The scene titles in the game stood out after reading the library a lot. I could write paragraphs on how awesome you guys are and how much I enjoy this work, but questions!
1. What inspired the scene title Nc5xB3? That's left me befuddled since I read it in the library.
2. What's the cause for not releasing individual images in high-res? Further, what led to the decision to hold back any of the other individual parts, sprites, music, backgrounds, and/or whatever "game assests" means? I'm really interested to know because I expect it has to do with information control and I'm getting into broadcasting and video production. It'd be really helpful to me if you could explain your thought process and reasoning so that I could have a better understanding once I begin working with musicians, artists and other creative people. I don't want to step on anyone's toes and would appreciate the insight.
3. Is there a complied list of contact info for the artists, musicians, writers, and other team members so that we may see their other non-ks work or even contact them about new business?
4. I forget where to view the license within KS, but are live-reads and performances (not for profit) permissible? I remember reading something about them, but can't recall it all in detail.
5. Who came up with the idea for the little images that show up on the title screen? The ones that appear as you unlock new chapters. It was cute to see them pile up in the corner as I progressed and wanted to thank that person for such an adorable detail. Also, who drew them?
6. Same question as 5, but in regards to the drawings of the girls in the "Extras" menu.
7. Did you think to add hidden scenes/images/music or other eastereggs? If so why did/didn't you?
8. In the scene "The Other Green" where Hisao and Rin are talking and painting there's a line that's always made me curious near the end of the scene. "As if there were some need to conserve words and breath and sound." I wondered if that was intentionally written that way, or if it should have commas, or if there's just something I don't know about sentence structure if it's correct, a typo, or artistic license. It's left me wondering for a bit.
9. The little heart with the bandage on it is copywritten right? I want to make a plushie of it for myself and maybe one for a friend, but I'm around cameras a lot and don't want to display anything which may violate IP. Do crafted things qualify as fan art? Should I make it slightly incorrect to save from any confusing of it being realated to KS? This is kind of like question 2 where I'm still learning these things because of my broadcasting.
Feel free to add any more clarification about the display, use, or reference to KS. I'm in love with that sort of knowledge and it's useful in my new work.
1. The scene introduces the chess theme in Hanako's path, and the scene title is in algebraic chess notation
2. We don't see any reason why we should release the game assets. We made a complete product that we feel is more than the sum of its parts, not a random collection of words, pictures and music.
3. There's not. Our email, IRC, forum PMs and if everything else fails, trying to get other 4LS members contact the one you want are really the only way.
4. Live-reads and such are fine.
5. They were moekki's idea iirc, and Mike Inel's work.
6. Moekki's idea and work.
7. We thought about having some stuff as extras but no energy.
8. You mean the chain "and"s I guess? It's intentionally written that way, and not exactly grammatically correct.
9. Yes, it's copyrighted and a part of the KS IP, but we don't mind you making a KS logo plushie.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents