hanako and hisao meet again (short story from cpl_crud)

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

hanako and hisao meet again (short story from cpl_crud)

Post by Guest »

hi there

first of all sorry for my bad english, i am from austria, and usually i dont write that much in english.

this was my first vn, and it hit me like a truck!

all those emotion´s, i cant belive this happens to me! :shock:

my favorite ks girl is hanako, i loved every thing about her story!

and like many of you, i was a little disappointed with the abrupt ending, i mean it was sweet and so, but would loved to see a little bit more of their relationship

how lilly reacts and so.

so i was browsing some ks relatet topics, and found a link to cpl_crud´s worpress.

i didn't found any topic about it here in this forum so i thought some of the hanako lovers would be interested in it!

its a short story from cpl_crud, about hanako and hisao meet again as adults.

http://cplcrud.wordpress.com/4ls-era-fa ... afternoon/

http://cplcrud.wordpress.com/4ls-era-fa ... oon-part-2
DH531

Re: hanako and hisao meet again (short story from cpl_crud)

Post by DH531 »

Not gonna lie, I cried reading part 2 :cry:
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

I didn't, though it's pretty emotional piece.

Something bugs me though... Was Lily so jelous and mean to keep them apart? Didn't she know what happened? Did she want to keep him for herself? Just trying to fill a loophole here :P.
Last edited by NoOne3 on Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
zanzarra

Post by zanzarra »

Nice, thanks for linking that.

Greetings from another Austrian ;)
One day I'll put more than 15 minutes of work into an avatar. One day.
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

It's a quite disappointing read. Not in the sense of writing quality, but in the sense that both Hanako and Hisao made so little of their lives. I wasted 10 years of my life, I would not want them to do the same.
The labyrinth of memories that is killing me
Mahorfeus

Post by Mahorfeus »

dunkelfalke wrote:It's a quite disappointing read. Not in the sense of writing quality, but in the sense that both Hanako and Hisao made so little of their lives. I wasted 10 years of my life, I would not want them to do the same.
This is actually why I liked the stories, though they aren't quite how I imagined their relationship would turn out. The whole point of Hanako's route was about her and Hisao learning to use each other as support, while treating one another as equals. Unfortunately, a pessimistic conclusion to that idea shows that if they ever were separated for whatever reason, they would lose all of that support and basically collapse, making futile attempts to rely on only themselves. There's the bittersweet idea that they could come to rely on each other once again.

Still kills me on the inside though. D:
"A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love." -Stendhal
newnar

Post by newnar »

To all Hanako fans: Don't open the link.

It's bad. I'm sorry for dissing your work, but really, it felt too destructive for me. Hanako isn't Hanako anymore.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Oh, I didn't know the second part yet... Looking at the date, it's pretty recent.
It's also quite good, but I felt the resolution came a bit too quickly.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

Mahorfeus wrote:Still kills me on the inside though. D:
This.
The labyrinth of memories that is killing me
ingordo

Post by ingordo »

Great read, thank you OP for linking it (and, of course, my thanks to Crud for writing it!)
Rivan

Post by Rivan »

Serrrrrioussssly, it's not as if Hanako's and Hisao's relationships and lifes need anymore hardships, pains and pits of despair... It would grow tiresome.

It'd work for a positive twist on a negative ending (Neutral/bad Hanako ending), or a positive Hanako-directed twist at Lilly's bad ending, for example, but...

Other than that, just no. It's not something their life or Hanako fans need, I feel.
Progress : Lilly - finished (Good ending), Hanako - finished (good ending), Rin - finished (Good ending), Shizune - finished (Bad ending), Emi - Finished (good ending)

Lilly=Rin > Hanako > Emi=Misha > Shizune
Rolanberry

Post by Rolanberry »

Now I'm not sure what to do. I sort of do and don't want to read it.

I'm a massive Hanako fan but all the 'warning! Hanako fan's don't read it!' is really making me think it might be best not to read it. Though curiosity is starting to get the better of me...but curiosity did kill the cat~
Bagheera

Post by Bagheera »

Yeah, this seems unlikely for a number of reasons. I guess the timeline works out, what with Lilly visiting and all, but leaving that aside:

-- I find it hard to believe Hanako would break down so easily even at the immediate end of her route, let alone five years down the road. Hisao was only out for 36 hours; that's certainly cause for concern, but a complete breakdown? Doesn't seem likely.

-- Since Lilly was there at the time of the attack I find it impossible to believe that she wouldn't have told Hisao what happened after. She's friends with both of them, and she knows what they mean to one another. Why wouldn't she bring both of them up to speed? It doesn't make any sense. The fact that Hisao knows how to contact her even in Scotland makes this even more egregious.

-- So Hisao's been knocking boots with Hanako for five years and we're supposed to believe he just gives up? Come on, man. I don't think he'd do that. I don't think most anyone would, for that matter.

The story itself is okay (Hanako's out of character, but after ten years she damn well oughtta be), but the premise is so far-fetched it doesn't matter.
Last edited by Bagheera on Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Girls: Emi = Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Shizune = Rin
Routes: Rin = Shizune > Emi > Lilly = Hanako

Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Well the first part was written before the path in KS was finalized, and it was probably written so as not to spoil any of the contents of the VN.
The second part was written much later and seems to contain a few retcons that weren't intended when he wrote part one, to make it more consistent with what happens in the VN.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Shintai

Post by Shintai »

For the sake of me being a total fag about this stuff, I am going to pretend they were always together after the good ending and never got separated.