Which Disability is worse?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

yipyapper

Which Disability is worse?

Post by yipyapper »

I am wonderind what you guys think is the worst disabilities that any character in game has. Whether it is leglessness, armlessness, blindness or partial blindness, deaf+mute, whatever Misha has that makes her hyper and chippy (coke?) or even Kenji's... paranoia. It can be physical or mental. Maybe you'll go with Hanako's mental instability. Shoot them posts!
"OH GAWD MY DRILLS"
...What? Not a real quote? Oh well, it's Yipyapper's quote now.
"Google will rule the world soon. Accept them now before it's too late."
~Yipyapper
Deadeye

Re: Which Disability is worse?

Post by Deadeye »

I'd say Hisao, the rest of the problems can be adapted around. But he constantly lives in fear of death. Every other person on KS seemed to adapt to their disability and is able to cope with it in their own unique way.
"We can not see past the present if we refuse to turn away from the steps we have already made in our wake."
A Humbled Fan

Post by A Humbled Fan »

Deadeye wrote:I'd say Hisao, the rest of the problems can be adapted around. But he constantly lives in fear of death. Every other person on KS seemed to adapt to their disability and is able to cope with it in their own unique way.
They are all serious and unique in their own ways, and each person has to learn to adapt in different ways. I have to agree with the post above. Living with arrhythmia is a terrible thin to cope with. I had a cousin who suffered from it and he had to be very careful with how hard he pushed himself, even in just his daily routines. Living with the ominous threat of death looming over your head would be absolutely terrifying, and I think, at least from what I observed with him, it would be extremely hard to adapt to.
Koda89

Post by Koda89 »

I definitely have to say Hisao's arrhythmia is the worst of them.

I have epilepsy and as a kid I was pretty scared of the seizures because I never knew when they would come(some of them even occurred while I was asleep).

And that was just a disability that isn't necessarily fatal. I don't even want to imagine what it would be like to be in fear of death that could come just from falling wrong or even just being slapped on the back too hard. So yeah, poor Hisao. :(
Tomate

Post by Tomate »

Blindness, i can imagine how i would live with arrhythmia but i cant imagine my life while being blind, most of my hobbies (pc gaming) and work (graphic designer) require vision.
Don't just eat that hamburger, eat the HELL out of it!
rydiafan

Post by rydiafan »

for me it's deafness .... i want sound in my life ( Music , Nature , Talking ) ... Honestly if i was deaf i would slowly stop living
TheKingOfFacade

Post by TheKingOfFacade »

If I remember there was something particularly bleak with the condition "Saki" (Might be wrong, not to sure about the name) suffers with.
Demoneq

Post by Demoneq »

I agree with arrythmia being the worst one to live with, especially when you consider, that both Lilly and Shizune were (respectively) blind and deaf since birth, so they are probably used to it, and don't feel about it as bad as someone who would lose their sight/hearing later in life, because they don't know anything else. (so no "pain of the loss", etc.)
And it's not going to kill them, either. (unless the cause of blindness/deafness would be some brain condition, that can get worse/be dangerous, but since we don't know about anything like that, I'm assuming it's not)
Emi and Rin seem to be able to handle themselves quite okay, too (especially Emi with her prosthetics).
Ditsch

Post by Ditsch »

Well the heart problem like hisao has would be hard to cope with and impending doom would hang over your head but
that's life you could die any moment even without such a problem.

But i can't imagine a life with out seeing the world and everyting else so even if i would have a shorter lifespan with
hisao's heart problem i would prefer to have a shorter and brighter life with vision then a long life without vision.

"The light that burns twice as bright burns for half as long". :)
Kenji_SpecOps

Post by Kenji_SpecOps »

Emi got mad lucky that she still has her knees. She hardly even has a disibility with those awesome running legs. Emi is more of an improved human enhanced with cybernetic enhancements.

No arms is the worst... Can't even wipe your own ass. Who wipes Rin's ass anyway? Either that or blindness.
Aka

Post by Aka »

Would depend on who you are.

I'm an art student and an aspiring(no, I suck at it, I just want to learn the piano someday) musician, so from this perspective, it would be blindness or having no arms/hands.
I have long-term goals and dreams, so I suppose arrhythmia would be considerably difficult(?) in that sense.
I love going for walks with certain people, so having no legs would be quite an issue, too. (plus I walk around a lot, not having my driver's licence yet)
I love listening to music(as many do), and its part of what has kept me from falling apart from stress. It adds a lot of colour to my world. Deafness would shock quite a bit.
I'm a very(?) self-confident person, I have the faith, arrogance and pride to believe in myself more than what I think others do, so paranoia(kenji?) and trauma(Hanako?) would be a scary notion to me.

Its hard to describe one or another as "worse" if you put it in perspectives.
Example.
Would it be better to have no arms, or no hands? I honestly don't know. Its disturbing in more than one ways.
te-kun

Post by te-kun »

Aka wrote:Would depend on who you are.

I'm an art student and an aspiring(no, I suck at it, I just want to learn the piano someday) musician, so from this perspective, it would be blindness or having no arms/hands.
I have long-term goals and dreams, so I suppose arrhythmia would be considerably difficult(?) in that sense.
I love going for walks with certain people, so having no legs would be quite an issue, too. (plus I walk around a lot, not having my driver's licence yet)
I love listening to music(as many do), and its part of what has kept me from falling apart from stress. It adds a lot of colour to my world. Deafness would shock quite a bit.
I'm a very(?) self-confident person, I have the faith, arrogance and pride to believe in myself more than what I think others do, so paranoia(kenji?) and trauma(Hanako?) would be a scary notion to me.
You don't need eyes to play piano, you don't need legs to "walk" you can use a wheelchair or prosthetics (except here in Brazil where sidewalks are often in terrible state http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_WkfwxA6dKR0/T ... treito.JPG Seriously! How someone in a wheelchair is supposed to pass?)
pauper

Post by pauper »

Probably being blind, it will give me the most restrictions.
Completed paths:
Hanako - Good ending
Shizune - Good ending
Emi - Good ending
Rin - Bad ending :$
Lilly - Bad and good ending

English isn't my first language, so I might make some mistakes when I write something ; )
Aka

Post by Aka »

You do need hands to play the piano. (re-read my post again, I think you missed it)

Wheelchairs don't walk. =/
Prosthetics are indeed a method for walking, but I can't really explain what I mean unless you've walked with someone like that before.
If you do understand, then... all I need to say to explain it would be "rhythm".
CNB

Post by CNB »

Having no hands or arms seems by far the most crippling; barring serious advances in prosthetics, Rin's going to need a live-in caretaker for her entire life. Total blindness would be the runner-up.

Hisao's heart condition would be the worst in terms of being most likely to actually kill you at a young age.

Legs amputated below the knee is almost certainly the least; if you have the means to get racing prosthetics like Emi's, it borders on MY LEGS ARE AUGMENTED territory.