Am I the only one that enjoyed Shizune's route?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Sephiru

Re: Am I the only one that enjoyed Shizune's route?

Post by Sephiru »

I thought Shizune's was the best route, even though she's only my second favorite of the girls. Also...I'm a lot like Misha in personality, so when she got a haircut, she ended up looking almost exactly like me. If she'd never dyed her hair pink, it would have been spot on, because I have that exact hairstyle. I kind of dropped my jaw and flipped a table.
I want to use Misha with her short hair as my avatar, but I'm afraid people would get mad and call spoilers on me.

Post by Guest »

Sephiru wrote:I thought Shizune's was the best route, even though she's only my second favorite of the girls. Also...I'm a lot like Misha in personality, so when she got a haircut, she ended up looking almost exactly like me. If she'd never dyed her hair pink, it would have been spot on, because I have that exact hairstyle. I kind of dropped my jaw and flipped a table.
I want to use Misha with her short hair as my avatar, but I'm afraid people would get mad and call spoilers on me.
To be honest, I think Misha's hair is general knowledge now as much as her H-scene is. That's no more of a spoiler than, say, someone using Hanako's "pissed off face" CG.
Rubytyr

Post by Rubytyr »

She was near the top of my list - she reminds me too much of Rin Tohsaka to not like her; puts on a tough act, but a caring heart.
Pl4t0

Post by Pl4t0 »

Rubytyr wrote:...puts on a tough act, but a caring heart.
Indeed - Shizune's growth was not in evolving this aspect of herself, because it already existed; her growth was in learning to communicate it to Hisao.
A Humbled Fan

Post by A Humbled Fan »

Im currently in the process of playing through Shizune's route and I'm enjoying it so far. Not getting as attached to it as I did Hanako's, but it's been enjoyable nonetheless.
Zig_Zac

Post by Zig_Zac »

Finished Rin's path today, did Emi's yesterday and thinking I'll do Shizune's today if I can find the time somehow... hope it goes well... think I'll save Lily's or Hanako's for last, as they both sound beautiful and I like to save the best for last
A Humbled Fan

Post by A Humbled Fan »

Zig_Zac wrote:Finished Rin's path today, did Emi's yesterday and thinking I'll do Shizune's today if I can find the time somehow... hope it goes well... think I'll save Lily's or Hanako's for last, as they both sound beautiful and I like to save the best for last
Wise choice. Although I'm a bit glad I did their first, just to get the feels out of the way :D

But Lilly's and Hanako's routes are both very beautiful and heart rending.
Zig_Zac

Post by Zig_Zac »

A Humbled Fan wrote:
Zig_Zac wrote:Finished Rin's path today, did Emi's yesterday and thinking I'll do Shizune's today if I can find the time somehow... hope it goes well... think I'll save Lily's or Hanako's for last, as they both sound beautiful and I like to save the best for last
Wise choice. Although I'm a bit glad I did their first, just to get the feels out of the way :D

But Lilly's and Hanako's routes are both very beautiful and heart rending.
Thanks... I wish I didn't have the bad ending with Emi though... that was my first.. and I think it was a bad ending, since we broke up, coz I was a pushy jerk... but I'll try her path again sometime and see if I can get the happy ending.. she is cute, but I think Lily and Hanako will be awesome stories... I bow down to the awesomeness of the writers of KS... they are amazing...
yipyapper

Post by yipyapper »

It's not that a lot of people hated her route. It just wasn't as good as the rest if them. In most people's eyes, that is XD
"OH GAWD MY DRILLS"
...What? Not a real quote? Oh well, it's Yipyapper's quote now.
"Google will rule the world soon. Accept them now before it's too late."
~Yipyapper
Quietpower

Post by Quietpower »

I feel like comparing the different paths is like comparing apples to oranges to bananas. They're all delicious, but in their own ways.
Mahorfeus

Post by Mahorfeus »

Quietpower wrote:I feel like comparing the different paths is like comparing apples to oranges to bananas. They're all delicious, but in their own ways.
Fair enough, but I like bananas better than oranges. Only when they're perfectly ripe though; too soon and they're sickeningly sweet, too late and they're nothing but mush. Useful for banana bread though. On the other hand, oranges are fine if they're, well, tangerines.

ANYWAY, I agree with the sentiment. All of the routes were well done and special in their own way, including Shizune's. Doesn't stop us from liking one better than the other though.

Lilly and Hanako's routes were ripe bananas to me, while Shizune's was more of a seedless orange (not quite tangerine level).

[/fruitanalogy]
"A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love." -Stendhal
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

To be honest, I could not bring myself liking Shizune. At all. Not even a bit of sympathy.
But, come to think of it, the some pieces of OST on her part were amazing. And I kind of liked the bad ending, more Lilly on that path, and Misha is kind of cute naked :D
Normally I skip the H-scenes, but this was an exception (probably because the rest of the path was so boring).
Last edited by dunkelfalke on Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
The labyrinth of memories that is killing me
Koda89

Post by Koda89 »

The main problem I had with Shizune's path was, well there wasn't enough Shizune. All of the "big" moments in the path involved Misha instead. It honestly felt more like Misha's path at times than Shizune's. Also add onto how Shizune kind of acts distant from Hisao in the gap between the two H-scenes, and I just couldn't really get drawn in as much as I was in the other paths. I was even, dare I say, bored at times in Shizune's path.
Aka

Post by Aka »

Starting off with Lilly's, and then Rin's route, it was kind of hard for me to consider going into Shizune's.
I did her's last, and found to my surprise, that it was quite good, despite the fact that if I had to rank my favourites, Shizune's would be at the bottom.
A Humbled Fan

Post by A Humbled Fan »

So after getting close to the end, I can honestly say that i didn't really enjoy it. Although, Misha is now my new favorite character. :D