Increased Tea Consumption

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

A Humbled Fan

Increased Tea Consumption

Post by A Humbled Fan »

Thanks to the Lilly/Hanako route, I've seen a spike in my tea (and chess) consumption. Anyone else noticed this? :D

And, thanks to the many lessons learned, my wife and I have started taking time out of our evenings to enjoy each others company via tea and chess. It's definitely gonna be something we continue doing!

Those of you with significant others, I highly suggest this as a means of spending quality time with them :)

Ryto

Re: Increased Tea Consumption

Post by Ryto »

I need to start playing more Chess with my girlfriend. We've already had an increased interest in tea because we play the Professor Layton games, and this has increased my appetite for tea.
100% Complete.
So here's my ranking:
Hanako>Lilly>Rin>=Emi>Shizune
hmoonboi

Post by hmoonboi »

I don't have a significant other, but I do have a little sister. Ever since Lily's Arc, I've been drink a ton more tea. Especially French Vanilla Black Tea.

Our Tea Party's are awesome! I even went out and got us a better pot for tea brewing and some pretty pricey tea. She love the bonding time we have and I get to have some French Vanilla Black Tea and reminisce on Lily.
ziamatt

Post by ziamatt »

I agree I have also seen my tea consumption increase. Unfortunately so far it's only been tea bags from the quad cafeteria.
A Humbled Fan

Post by A Humbled Fan »

ziamatt wrote:I agree I have also seen my tea consumption increase. Unfortunately so far it's only been tea bags from the quad cafeteria.
It's still tea :D
hmoonboi wrote:I don't have a significant other, but I do have a little sister. Ever since Lily's Arc, I've been drink a ton more tea. Especially French Vanilla Black Tea.

Our Tea Party's are awesome! I even went out and got us a better pot for tea brewing and some pretty pricey tea. She love the bonding time we have and I get to have some French Vanilla Black Tea and reminisce on Lily.
That's awesome! I love the stories about how this experience has brought people together! Enjoy that time with your sister while you can :)
Rukaroa

Post by Rukaroa »

I've seen an increased consumption in my wine intake. Well, it's still limited to certain days, but I'm not drinking shots of it anymore.

I should go back to the shots. That last glass just made me too groggy.
Lilly>=Hanako>Rin>Shizune/Misha>Emi
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

Definitely. Almost four litres on Friday, normally around twoish.
The labyrinth of memories that is killing me
Falkentyne

Post by Falkentyne »

Having been raised by a Southern belle, I've long a had a preference for sweet iced tea over hot tea or coffee. However, lately when I brew up a pot, I've been sneaking one bag of french vanilla black tea in with the normal tea bags - the result is quite refreshing, and doesn't require Yuuko-level sweetening, which is better for me in the long run anyway. So, I guess you could say that's a change.
Valtameri

Post by Valtameri »

Sure, i drink tea daily now. If only i'd have a frigging girlfriend to play chess with ...
It sits in silence
Eats away at me
It feeds like cancer
Ivan The Mouse

Post by Ivan The Mouse »

Didn't increase my tea consumption, but gave me a bit more respect for it.
Warning:

This poster is prone to fits of auto-pilot typing, in which he will make posts with butchered grammar and sentence structure without knowing it.
A Humbled Fan

Post by A Humbled Fan »

Falkentyne wrote:Having been raised by a Southern belle, I've long a had a preference for sweet iced tea over hot tea or coffee. However, lately when I brew up a pot, I've been sneaking one bag of french vanilla black tea in with the normal tea bags - the result is quite refreshing, and doesn't require Yuuko-level sweetening, which is better for me in the long run anyway. So, I guess you could say that's a change.
Haha I know what you mean. My grandparents travelled from the Southern states to California during the dustbowl, taking their traditions along with them. :D And now my brother lives in Texas, and that's pretty much the staple drink there. When you ask for tea, that usually means 1/4 sugar and 3/4 tea ;)
charmisokay

Post by charmisokay »

Somewhat related: I started eating pizza with a fork and knife after "finishing" this game ^^

I think the only reason I'm not drinking more tea is because I dont like it *rolleyes*
I giggle at how much this game effects people :D
After playing Lilly's route I started eating pizza with a knife and a fork ^^ I'm such a gentleman.
A Humbled Fan

Post by A Humbled Fan »

charmisokay wrote:Somewhat related: I started eating pizza with a fork and knife after "finishing" this game ^^

I think the only reason I'm not drinking more tea is because I dont like it *rolleyes*
I giggle at how much this game effects people :D
Haha! Even in the smallest ways!
DH531

Post by DH531 »

Valtameri wrote:Sure, i drink tea daily now. If only i'd have a frigging girlfriend to play chess with ...
^This. However i've always had a thing for tea, such as milk tea, green tea, jasmine tea.

I've never had French Vanilla Tea before though and i'm very curious about it :D On my next shopping trip, i'll look for some haha.
Playing chess while having tea is something i'll definately keep in mind though when I eventually (i.e. NEVER) get a girlfriend :D
A Humbled Fan

Post by A Humbled Fan »

Sheesh you guys are so pessimistic! You guys will eventually find a chess partner, even if you don't think so now ;)