Katawa Shoujo full flowchart

Questions, answers and issues regarding releases.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Re: Katawa Shoujo full flowchart

Post by Silentcook »

The Local Hentai wrote:Why the hell isn't this stickied?
Because it seems to be still under revision.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

The Local Hentai

Post by The Local Hentai »

Could still be stickied and worked on?
Feuver

Post by Feuver »

The Local Hentai wrote:Could still be stickied and worked on?
I never said I stopped working on it. Updates just got a little less frequent when most of the mistakes were fixed in single updates.

Of course, there's always that little typo and mistakes. I'm going to remove negative flags where it's not necessary, because it's just plain confusing. I will also add the note about how to get the last picture (100%).
Shield wrote:when i played it i chose
introduce yourself, asked about the library, attack, (i cant remember what i said to hanako), cute, give us a break, im in bad shape, truth, humour, ask about hanako, wave her off, talk about hanako, and tell about the letter.

and got the neutral ending. i did this without the guide and felt so sure i was headed for a good ending. my theory is if you wave her off, its impossible for the good ending no matter your points. maybe it was a freak chance glitch?
anyway, im heartbroken. i cant even sleep.
Of course, waving her off does not give you two points, denying her good ending.

You're basically telling her to go away too, it's pretty insulting really.

Anyways, making a new version now, there's a few typos and removing useless points in the Lilly arc, there will only be positive points.
Last edited by Feuver on Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shield

Post by Shield »

ah i see, i read it wrong, you were right.

i definetly wasnt trying to be insulting, im just not very confrontational at all. especially if its something thats supposed to be bothering ME and not someone else.
i suppose in life there are times when you have to be. i didnt think this game was in the business of life lessons, but i feel i learned that one pretty hard. :cry:
Feuver

Post by Feuver »

Shield wrote:ah i see, i read it wrong, you were right.

i definetly wasnt trying to be insulting, im just not very confrontational at all. especially if its something thats supposed to be bothering ME and not someone else.
i suppose in life there are times when you have to be. i didnt think this game was in the business of life lessons, but i feel i learned that one pretty hard. :cry:
Well, that's what you learn in Lilly's route : To not depend on yourself solely.

You can't get the good ending if you don't follow the main theme of the path :)
nyttyn

Post by nyttyn »

Emi's path spoilers! It might be important to note that talking to her mum gives you different scenes then if you didn't talk to her. Specifically, A Swing and A Miss and Saving Throw (Both act 4, and only if you talk to Emi's mum) vs Instant Replay (Act 3, and only if you don't talk to Emi's mum)-Another note: You will also get different dialogue at the start of Whispers of the Past depending.
Why does the OST feature so much piano, despite the fact that not even a single piano exists in the entire game!?
Feuver

Post by Feuver »

nyttyn wrote:Emi's path spoilers! It might be important to note that talking to her mum gives you different scenes then if you didn't talk to her. Specifically, A Swing and A Miss and Saving Throw (Both act 4, and only if you talk to Emi's mum) vs Instant Replay (Act 3, and only if you don't talk to Emi's mum)-Another note: You will also get different dialogue at the start of Whispers of the Past depending.
I will add these scenes in Emi's arc, thanks for the tip!
Feuver

Post by Feuver »

New version released!

This version includes the missing scenes in Emi's arc, correction of some typos and a note about how to get the last picture. Removed negative points in Lilly's

Katawa shoujo full flowchart V2.8

Lilly's arc V2.8

Emi's arc V2.8

ACT 1 V2.8
jaycee

Post by jaycee »

So in the end there are choice that don't influence the game at all(if not for some lines)?
Feuver

Post by Feuver »

jaycee wrote:So in the end there are choice that don't influence the game at all(if not for some lines)?
Yep. Some choices does not alter the ending you'll get.

However, it's a bit much to expect every decisions to be extremely important, the fact there is many decisions is to increase your immersion.
Notguest

Post by Notguest »

... except for on Shizunes route.
Feuver

Post by Feuver »

Notguest wrote:... except for on Shizunes route.
I'm not going to argue on this.

When you have all these choices in the other arcs, and then you only have one obvious in Shizune's arc, it just felt dissapointing.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Well, the number of choices is no indicator for the quality of a story.
In my opinion every choice point interrupts the immersion in the story, so they should be used as sparingly as possible - only for really important decisions.
In this regard, I thought Shizune's path made perfect use of the option to use choice points in the medium "Visual Novel", while I thought Rin's path would have been even better, if 3/4 of the choices had been simply left out.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Feuver

Post by Feuver »

Mirage_GSM wrote:Well, the number of choices is no indicator for the quality of a story.
In my opinion every choice point interrupts the immersion in the story, so they should be used as sparingly as possible - only for really important decisions.
In this regard, I thought Shizune's path made perfect use of the option to use choice points in the medium "Visual Novel", while I thought Rin's path would have been even better, if 3/4 of the choices had been simply left out.
I feel the opposite way. Choices I feel makes me more involved in the story. If I can make my own decisions, then I can feel like I'm the protagonist. It helps my immersion that I can do what I feel like, instead of the story automatically deciding for me.

However, I strongly disagree with "Shizune's path made the perfect use of options". There was only one, and it didn't involve deep logical thinking. It was either obvious bad or obvious good. Shizune's path was extremely straightforward and didn't develop Shizune till the very last arc, where you finally get to know the depth of her character, and then it suddenly ends. The amount of choices to make in Rin's path is very big, and they served exactly their purpose. You don't really know what's the good decision or the bad one, and you have to figure things out by yourself. It also helps the general confusion as to understanding Rin.

Without choices, a visual novel isn't a visual novel. It probably should be a light novel at that point. At least, have them have choices that makes sense with the story, unlike in Shizune's path where you just go Libido or not.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Feuver wrote:However, I strongly disagree with "Shizune's path made the perfect use of options". There was only one, and it didn't involve deep logical thinking. It was either obvious bad or obvious good. Shizune's path was extremely straightforward and didn't develop Shizune till the very last arc, where you finally get to know the depth of her character, and then it suddenly ends. The amount of choices to make in Rin's path is very big, and they served exactly their purpose. You don't really know what's the good decision or the bad one, and you have to figure things out by yourself. It also helps the general confusion as to understanding Rin.
I guess it's just a matter of preference. The story A22 decided to tell didn't need more than that one decision, so it was unnecessary to put more in.
Rin's path had lots of choices, but in the end it was almost irrelevant what you chose for most of them. Maybe it was made that way intentionally to confuse, annoy and frustrate the reader - if so it worked perfectly for me, and Aura should be officially declared a genius.
Without choices, a visual novel isn't a visual novel.
I recommend you read "True Remembrance."
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.