An overwhelming experience...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

scramble_suit

Re: An overwhelming experience...

Post by scramble_suit »

What I want to point out on this thread, is that... we all hope for the kind of crazy and ideal falling in love that most of these games present(if they are properly written) and that feeling we get afterwards is probably the realization that we will never, in our real life get such a rollercoaster, so finely crafted to move us deeply. Never we will get the certainty that the person is completely in love with us, because it's a game, once we put it down, there's no arguing we will never break up with these girls. They will never betray us. There's no doubt. ...However, in real life, every single thing counts. and (as anyone who's had a long relationship broken up) something, a little thing, a big thing... will shatter along the road. We will trip, and sometimes we can fix it, sometimes... it goes beyond repair, and trust is forever lost... relationship broken.
But that never happens with these games...
tl;dr:
...what we desire is security. The knowledge that our hearts will not we broken, that love is pure and eternal... alas, it's only possible in closed information systems such as a computer program...

In an experience such as this, we live a second life. We shed our skin and bear another voice, another heart. And that schism, between reality and fiction hurts.
Because we crave human interacion, but that's hard. Words are hollow, the world is insane....
But love. Love also tears us apart.

What KS needs to complete the circle is, perhaps, a breakup.
Where's a meeting there's a goodbye.
encrypted12345

Post by encrypted12345 »

The picture this link leads to explains what I think better than I can possibly word it.

http://d.localhostr.com/file/OJ88dRF/498735389.png
Nekken

Post by Nekken »

encrypted12345 wrote:The picture this link leads to explains what I think better than I can possibly word it.

Um... errr... dude. I mean, dude. That is quite possibly the most awesome rebuttal to people who get into this thing too deep that I've ever read.

Who wrote this?
Nekken

Post by Nekken »

Valtameri wrote:But how do i saw off the other hand, without the other? I can't use my legs like Rin does :D
This reminds me of a guy I heard about a few years ago who tried to kill himself via crucifixion. He got one hand nailed to the cross all right, and ended up calling 911 several hours later when he realized he wasn't going to be able to nail his other hand to the cross.
Weaver

Post by Weaver »

Nekken wrote:
encrypted12345 wrote:The picture this link leads to explains what I think better than I can possibly word it.

Um... errr... dude. I mean, dude. That is quite possibly the most awesome rebuttal to people who get into this thing too deep that I've ever read.

Who wrote this?
Probably just some anon from 4chan.
Joeshmoelb

Post by Joeshmoelb »

Nekken wrote:

Who wrote this?
Well for the OP, I guess this would be correct, but for someone like me, its completely the opposite. I internalize really easily with this game sure, but I empathized with all the characters, same as the people around me IRL. The problem for me wasn't my attachment to the characters, it's the fear that I'll never make a real connection like the characters in this story, BECAUSE I know they aren't real, not in spite of.

I think the only really good point made in that post, is what we are all looking for; security. It's something my overly rational mind is unable to accept as a reality, which is scary....
Bara

Post by Bara »

Good link. Whomever wrote that put it into perspective well. The characters in KS are fictional, in idealized relationships. The awesome thing is that these fictional cardboard cut outs can reach inside so many people who play this VN and what we take from this story and DO WITH IT IN THE REAL WORLD.
Be it using thoughts and emotions stirred up to make a relationship better with someone or getting a little healthier life, it isn't about what happens while we are locked into reading KS, but what happens when we stop reading, take a deep breath and get on with our lives. :lol:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Kixiv

Post by Kixiv »

I was in a similar rut as you for a while, not with Lilly, but Emi of all characters. I just started playing again yesterday, after having not since January 5th. It really took me that long to let it go, that's sad in a way, but at the same time it makes sense to me.
A Humbled Fan

Post by A Humbled Fan »

So it's been about 5 days since I went through Lilly and Hanakos path. I think I've overcome the feels enough for me to start on Shizune/Mishas good ending. Coupled with intertwining episodes of Azumanga Daioh in between, hopefully I'll make it out alright :D