So what's canon here?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

ziamatt

So what's canon here?

Post by ziamatt »

In one route (probably Hanako's) Hisao thinks to himself when Hanako opens the door to peer out at him that she would probably install a peephole herself if that was allowed. But in Shizune's route, Kenji asks Hisao if he can use his peephole to spy on the Student Council. Hisao doesn't seem to consider anything wrong about this comment, even suggesting that Kenji just use his own peephole.

So what's the deal here? Are peepholes canon or not?
Caesius

Re: So what's canon here?

Post by Caesius »

Different dormitory buildings.

Post by Guest »

The dorm buildings weren't originally part of the school.

Not sure what route its revealed on (I think Lilly's?), but thats the reason why the male dorms have peep holes and the female ones dont.
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

I say everything up until you go on a route is canon and everything before the events of the game is canon as well. Everything else is up to the player.
Ryto

Post by Ryto »

Guest wrote:The dorm buildings weren't originally part of the school.

Not sure what route its revealed on (I think Lilly's?), but thats the reason why the male dorms have peep holes and the female ones dont.
I don't think it was Lilly's...I think it was either Emi or Rin...Either way, I definitely remember someone saying that the dorms weren't originally dorms, and that the two buildings are like completely different.
100% Complete.
So here's my ranking:
Hanako>Lilly>Rin>=Emi>Shizune
Sephiru

Post by Sephiru »

Huh? Kenji only does things that are allowed?
Ryto

Post by Ryto »

Sephiru wrote:Huh? Kenji only does things that are allowed?
Best post.
100% Complete.
So here's my ranking:
themocaw

Post by themocaw »

Could be only the guys' dorms have peepholes.
Bara

Post by Bara »

ziamatt wrote:... even suggesting that Kenji just use his own peephole.

Kenji's door in the dorms is also described as "sounding like it has 10 locks on it". I wouldn't use Kenji as any sort of example of what is normal... even for an unusual school. :lol:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Bara

Post by Bara »

themocaw wrote:Could be only the guys' dorms have peepholes.
So you claim it is "a guys right to peep"?? :shock: :lol:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
A Humbled Fan

Post by A Humbled Fan »

Ryto wrote:

I don't think it was Lilly's...I think it was either Emi or Rin...Either way, I definitely remember someone saying that the dorms weren't originally dorms, and that the two buildings are like completely different.
I think this is correct.
Harlizard

Post by Harlizard »

Ryto wrote:

Maybe it's also mentioned there, but it is definitely mentioned in Lilly's. It's led on from her knowing her way around the school but not the dorms.
I should know, I just finished that bit. :3
Lilly = Done, but redoing since I got the bad ending. ;-;
Shizune = Done.
Emi = Done.
Hanako = Done.
Rin = In progress.
Kenji = Will do last.

Favourite to least favourite: Lilly, Rin, Hanako, Emi/Shizune.

Oh, and pm me or add me on skype if you want to chat.
Ryto

Post by Ryto »

Harlizard wrote:
Ryto wrote:

Maybe it's also mentioned there, but it is definitely mentioned in Lilly's. It's led on from her knowing her way around the school but not the dorms.
I should know, I just finished that bit. :3
Maybe....I guess it was longer ago that I started Lilly's route than I thought. I assumed Rin or Emi cause I thought it'd been longer ago in my time of playing, but I've been a little slower with Lilly, so maybe my memory's acting up.
100% Complete.
So here's my ranking:
Nekken

Post by Nekken »

Bara wrote:
ziamatt wrote:... even suggesting that Kenji just use his own peephole.

Kenji's door in the dorms is also described as "sounding like it has 10 locks on it". I wouldn't use Kenji as any sort of example of what is normal... even for an unusual school. :lol:
Yeah, this. My guess is that none of the doors are supposed to have peepholes, but Kenji illegally installed them on his door and the surrounding ones, probably at the same time he installed all those locks. The school hasn't gotten around to replacing those doors yet, so the peepholes are still there.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Wanna know what's cannon?

Shizune's route *hides*
WAHAHA~