KS gets into your head...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

dunkelfalke

Re: KS gets into your head...

Post by dunkelfalke »

Well, for me the reason is that I am now talking to people who were moved by the same thing - so the chance not to be scorned for that are reasonably good.
The labyrinth of memories that is killing me
A Humbled Fan

Post by A Humbled Fan »

And when you think about it, I'm sure none of this would make sense to someone who hasn't played KS or experienced it for themselves.
Harlequin13

Post by Harlequin13 »

Hahahahahah! This looks so much like the thread I made. And hey, like the threads that many other has made here aswell.

The Destruction of the Head. It's like your mind has been poisoned or something, eh? I know that sounds harsh but. It's like losing your grasp of reality - but not completely. It's more in the middle somewhere.

It's been more than a week since I played KS. I actually forgot what it's like. A good thing, because it wasn't pleasant... No, that's a lie. It is pleasant - in some way. Because you know it's different. There's nothing quite similar to it. So you savour it abit, knowing that it might never happen again.

So, how about trying something similar but not completely similar? This goes for everyone in here - play Ever17. You'll lose yourself playing that aswell but in a different way from KS. KS is about real emotions. Ever17 is about... Mmm... ... ... I'm not certain what word to use. How do you sum up Ever17 exactly? In any case, I suppose it takes a certain mind to appreciate this game. The same can be said for KS though. If you think you're intelligent, or if you're a curious person, play Ever17 to the end.

I'm not finished with it personally yet. I'm on the last path of it though, and... I am convinced now that the people who wrote the story for this game, are lunatics. Or geniuses. Both?
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

Both, I suppose. Ever17 is a true masterpiece of a mind screw, the bricks I disposed of during Coco's path shattered my lavatory to pieces :D
But similar to KS? I don't think so. About the only two things both visual novels have in common is the general visual novel feeling and the undoubted fact that both are incredibly well written. A definite recommendation from my side, too, though (as you can see from my signature).
Sakuya

Post by Sakuya »

On the topic, I can say, that it's the same "problem" for me. I just finished the Emi storyline and only this one two days ago and cannot stop thinking about it. I never expected, that something like this would happen to me. Hisao-me started dating Emi, because she was my favorite right from the beginning and since I only played it in breaks etc. it took me three days to finish the story. (only good ending, don't want to brak my heart with the bad one). But all the time I was fully distracted by the story and "my" relationship to Emi. even now I think of her all the time. It`s just heartbreaking. Never had a gaming making me feel like this and I'm not sure if I like it. I love the game (as far as I know it) but it's plain stupid that it influences my real life this much, isn't it? I don't even want to play the other possible route, because I cannot think of dating anyone else than Emi with Hisao. Her character is amazing even with her emotional problems. I feel ba,d because of what this game does to me. I do not think anyone around me would understand this.
Harlequin13

Post by Harlequin13 »

dunkelfalke wrote:Both, I suppose. Ever17 is a true masterpiece of a mind screw, the bricks I disposed of during Coco's path shattered my lavatory to pieces :D
But similar to KS? I don't think so. About the only two things both visual novels have in common is the general visual novel feeling and the undoubted fact that both are incredibly well written. A definite recommendation from my side, too, though (as you can see from my signature).
Mm, yes, not really that similar, you're right. But they do both make you lose your head atleast one way or the other (that's why I wanted to mention it here).

Funny that you should mention Coco's path, since that's where I'm at. Yesterday I was thinking "Tomorrow I will unveil Ever17. Tomorrow the mystery will be solved, completely. It's been a long journey (very long)." Well... That didn't quite work out, since I just can't play anymore right now. I gotta take a break. I think I'm halfway through, but I'm not entirely sure of that. But yea, gotta take a break and finish it tomorrow (maybe).

How the f*ck to explain it... It's like, the game throws revelation after revelation after revelation at you, mixed with mindf*cking fact after fact after fact. It's so much that your head might aswell explode while it's connecting it all together.

So let's see some of those "facts and tidbits" it throws at you... Rip Van Winkle, The Third Eye, Fourth Dimension, 800-year-old nun, Clone Law, "Blick Winkle" (WHO OR WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?), Premonitions, "If you close your eyes, I cease to exist", The Moon, Tief Blau, Cure, Parallel dimensions, YubiseiHARUkana and YubiseiAKIkana, Sun Person, the year 2017 and the year 2034, Himmel and IBF, Coco (who or what is she REALLY)

When "Kid" went to look at himself in the mirror, I lost it.

Now, I've pieced most it together - I THINK. That's the problem. You can't be sure until the game decides to tell you (and it has to be OBVIOUS).

Tomorrow is the day.
Last edited by Harlequin13 on Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IloveLily(gr)

Post by IloveLily(gr) »

charmisokay wrote:To Ilovelily(gr)
The main reason the people around you seam empty is probably because you dont know their story yet, everyone around you (almost) have another history, it might not be that special - and probably wont be as special as these girls, but its unique anyways.
Its a little "horrible" to wish for them to have a BAD background just so they could seam more, ehrm, unique?
Haha, sorry if I seam a little cruel - I dont mean it at all. (:
No opinion is crude enough for the brutality reality shows, so everything is ok. It's not that they dont seem to be unique or anything but most people nowadays are obsessed with clubbing buying trendy clothes and phones and they tend to over react in problems that are not really problems.Sure if ur ipod got soaked in water would suck but i dont think that having a reaction like the world is ending because of an iphone gone dead. I think what i really meant to say is that people nowadays are forgetting that the most important thing in the world is to strive to become a better person, find people who you love and they love you aswell and to live their lives to their fullest. THere are many spoiled brats out there and they can be of any age 18-40.The thing is that many people care more for their fb status than their souls and hearts status! (hmm that was nice maybe i should write it down :P)
The world is a beatiful place but to enjoy it to its fullest you need to have a large heart, the strength to move on and forgive and people by your side, who you love and they love you too!-just me, the little fool ~~~<3
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

Harlequin13 wrote:Now, I've pieced most it together - I THINK. That's the problem. You can't be sure until the game decides to tell you (and it has to be OBVIOUS).
There is a very good chance that your explanation is sound, plausible, but totally wrong :D
I actually had to replay the whole game to get all the things I didn't understand before the final revelation, since they were quite subtle.
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Sakuya wrote: Never had a gaming making me feel like this and I'm not sure if I like it. I love the game (as far as I know it) but it's plain stupid that it influences my real life this much, isn't it? I don't even want to play the other possible route, because I cannot think of dating anyone else than Emi with Hisao. Her character is amazing even with her emotional problems. I feel ba,d because of what this game does to me. I do not think anyone around me would understand this.
We understand :)

When I stupidly chose to follow her into the kitchen when she left the table at her mother's house, I found myself watching Hisao start an entirely unnecessary argument because he, unlike me, couldn't understand why she was so evasive. Yes, he was frustrated, but he went all Cole Phelps on her.

When she then threw me out, I actually panicked and jumped back to my previous save because I couldn't bear the thought of having screwed it up. You get thrown out there too, in front of her mother and everything, something she immediately regrets, but at least then I knew that this was just another twist in the tale.
Alpha Morlock

Post by Alpha Morlock »

Having never felt any strong emotions towards a real life female before, Katawa Shoujo has left me confused and uncomfortable. I get this weird euphoric feeling in my chest whenever I think about it, and I I've broken a record for longest time not touching my penis since I discovered masturbation in the seventh grade.
The man is clear in his mind, but his soul is mad.
Bara

Post by Bara »

dunkelfalke wrote:... Totally lost my sex drive somehow and I am okay with it...
Oh no! Say it ain't so! Kenji was right! The Feminist Plot is now revealed! They roped us in with pretty girls and the result is this?!! How DIABOLICAL!! :twisted:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
A Humbled Fan

Post by A Humbled Fan »

metalangel wrote:
Sakuya wrote: Never had a gaming making me feel like this and I'm not sure if I like it. I love the game (as far as I know it) but it's plain stupid that it influences my real life this much, isn't it? I don't even want to play the other possible route, because I cannot think of dating anyone else than Emi with Hisao. Her character is amazing even with her emotional problems. I feel ba,d because of what this game does to me. I do not think anyone around me would understand this.
More than you could ever imagine... :wink:
Sakuya

Post by Sakuya »

metalangel wrote:

When I stupidly chose to follow her into the kitchen when she left the table at her mother's house, I found myself watching Hisao start an entirely unnecessary argument because he, unlike me, couldn't understand why she was so evasive. Yes, he was frustrated, but he went all Cole Phelps on her.

When she then threw me out, I actually panicked and jumped back to my previous save because I couldn't bear the thought of having screwed it up. You get thrown out there too, in front of her mother and everything, something she immediately regrets, but at least then I knew that this was just another twist in the tale.
Did exactly the same but finished both possibilities with the good ending in both cases. This was honestly the scene, where I stopped for a whole evening because I wanted to kill Hisao when he said she could bury her secrets in a grave... Stupid idiot >.<
Aelexe

Post by Aelexe »

My favourite character was Misha, so due to the lack of a path for her I managed to escape largely without a case of 'The Feels'.

That said, I do miss Katawa Shoujo on the whole. Not just the visual novel itself but also the time spent waiting for it. It was a fun experience, these forums were great.
yipyapper

Post by yipyapper »

Aelexe wrote:My favourite character was Misha, so due to the lack of a path for her I managed to escape largely without a case of 'The Feels'.

That said, I do miss Katawa Shoujo on the whole. Not just the visual novel itself but also the time spent waiting for it. It was a fun experience, these forums were great.
Yeah, I haven't seen many people actually get The Feels from Misha.
"OH GAWD MY DRILLS"
...What? Not a real quote? Oh well, it's Yipyapper's quote now.
"Google will rule the world soon. Accept them now before it's too late."
~Yipyapper