Rin's Neutral Ending
23%
Rin's Bad Ending
9%

Total votes: 405

Censored

Which is the saddest ending?

Post by Censored »

To avoid confusion which ending is which I'm refering to this Flowchart http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4920

For me it would be Shizune's bad ending. I reached it after the good one and it hit me like a hammer, because when you realise that all Shizune ever wanted
is to make friends and help people it just saddens me to see that Her relationship with Misha and Hisao ends up completly broken and the ending CG along with the last
words doesn't make it any better.
Last edited by Censored on Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ziamatt

Re: Which is the saddest ending?

Post by ziamatt »

I haven't gotten most of the endings yet, but from what I have played it's definitely Shizune's bad ending so far. Hisao is actually a terrible person and has sex with Shizune's best friend. Then Shizune blames herself for being a bad boyfriend and bad friend. Hisao just sort of nods and walks away. At least in Hanako's endings Hisao is just a well-intentioned tool.

Post by Guest »

I agree with you, OP - to see Shizune just completely go from confident and fun-loving to ... well, how she was in her bad end ... is really sad. She lost the two people who meant the most to her, and what's more she can't vent or talk (sign?) to a single person about it. She's not close to any of the deaf students and even then she's got a rep as being too intense for most people (and wow did it hit home to her in the worst way possible). She'd have to suffer through it alone, just like she did when her family spent thousands on trying to get her to talk and refused to learn sign or support her. Jigoro probably sent her away to Yamaku because he couldn't be arsed anymore.

Oh, and said two loved ones fucked behind her back. Some friend you are, Misha, and holy hell I wanted to hit Hisao throughout the entire H-scene with her. "Shizune's bad end" version of Hisao is by far the most horrible - he can't even be honest with her and tell her what happened between he and Misha after she pours her heart out to him when breaking up - at least he's well-intentioned in the other girls' bad ends even if he shows insensitivity, he just wants the best for them. In Shizune's bad end starting from the Misha H-scene, he and Misha only give a shit about their own skins. I know how sucky it is to get cheated on, and wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Runner-up is Hanako's bad ending, though. The reason why it's a runner up is that I was actually a little happy that she truly stood up for herself, even if it meant screaming that she hated Hisao (or rather, me ... *sob*) and didn't want to be coddled and GET OUT RIGHT NOW.
New Kid

Post by New Kid »

Honestly? Hanako's neutral ending. The two of them are stuck in a cycle they're both aware doesn't work but neither of them will push hard enough to break out of it. At least the Bad Ending has some chance to rebuilding into a proper resolution.
MoonShadow

Post by MoonShadow »

Rin neutral ending, just because they will get separated forever. In any other ending (except Lilly's neutral, I'll get to that later), both the girl and Hisao are still at school after the ending, giving Hisao a chance to repair his mistakes, even with Rin's bad ending. In Rin's neutral ending, she goes away from Hisao, both literally (she walk away) and figuratively (she will be going to another school soon, seperating them forever). The scene in itself is also really sad, with Rin walking away in the rain while Hisao stumble to find something to say until she is out of view.

I know that in Lilly's neutral ending she also goes away (to Scotland) but in this case they will stay good friends and talk to each other sometimes, with a probability they will meet again.
Last edited by MoonShadow on Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If there can be no victory, then I will fight forever."
-Koth of the Hammer

"If you're not having fun, what's the point of living forever?"
-An unknown vampire

You can spot a werewolf-infested town by its lack of butcher shops.

Don't underestimate the aerodynamic qualities of the common goblin.
Tomate

Post by Tomate »

MoonShadow wrote:Rin neutral ending, just because they will get separated forever. In any other ending (except Lilly's neutral, I'll get to that later), both the girl and Hisao are still at school after the ending, giving Hisao a chance to repair his mistakes, even with Rin's bad ending.In Rin's neutral ending, she goes away from Hisao, both literally (she walk away) and figuratively (she will be going to another school soon, seperating them forever). The scene in itself is also really sad, with Rin walking away in the rain while Hisao stumble to find something to say until she is out of view.

I know that in Lilly's neutral ending she also goes away (to Scotland) but in this case they will stay good friends and talk to each other sometimes, with a probability they will meet again.
Better put up some spoiler tags.
Don't just eat that hamburger, eat the HELL out of it!
viduuskamen

Post by viduuskamen »

Hanako's NEUTRAL ending. You've basically completely broken her. And while it's hinted throughout, you don't really see the extent of it until you read into her good ending.
She at least stands up for herself and overcomes some aspect of that shyness in her bad ending.

Shizune's bad ending was expected. Because for someone of her self-proclaimed caliber "I want to force my will upon people." She doesn't seem to be very effective at doing so.It almost feels like she's got pride issues in dealing with problems, and simply refuses to consider any alternatives or avoids them altogether.
As far as her family goes; it was at least hinted that Jigoro hired someone to try to make her "normal" (the best he knows how to do so, at least) and yet she still didn't cooperate. I took that as somewhat of a selfish sign and refusing to accept reality; which really bothers me. For someone claiming to be competitive and driven, it seems like she only does so in fields she knows she can do well in. It's also stated in her route that she has been "stringing along" Misha for years without knowing what to do. Which basically sets up for the inevitability of everything falling apart.
For those that complain about Hisao being a jerk and Misha betraying her "friend;" it's not unfair to consider that Shizune's actions/decisions may have ultimately had a hand in lead up to it.

I think when comparing endings, it is important to consider what would have happened if Hisao never showed up at Yamaku:
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5036#p70238
"It's kinda funny, I've played a bunch of VN's and for the first time I'm feeling apprehensive about going down another path. I'm thinking weird crap like how will Hanako ever be happy if someones not there for her.......If Hanako's writer reads this I want you to know that I thank you for giving me this wonderful treasure."
-Rykn

[I feel like a giant jerk for completing the game.]

Post by Guest »

viduuskamen wrote: Shizune's bad ending was expected. Because for someone of her self-proclaimed caliber "I want to force my will upon people." She doesn't seem to be very effective at doing so.It almost feels like she's got pride issues in dealing with problems, and simply refuses to consider any alternatives or avoids them altogether.
As far as her family goes; it was at least hinted that Jigoro hired someone to try to make her "normal" (the best he knows how to do so, at least) and yet she still didn't cooperate. I took that as somewhat of a selfish sign and refusing to accept reality; which really bothers me. For someone claiming to be competitive and driven, it seems like she only does so in fields she knows she can do well in. It's also stated in her route that she has been "stringing along" Misha for years without knowing what to do. Which basically sets up for the inevitability of everything falling apart.
For those that complain about Hisao being a jerk and Misha betraying her "friend;" it's not unfair to consider that Shizune's actions/decisions may have ultimately had a hand in lead up to it.
Nuh-uh. The only two people at fault for the infidelity are Hisao and Misha. Yeah, Shizune could be a jerkass and didn't know how friendships were meant to work, but Misha running off to Hisao and them having ten minutes' worth of pity sex was not the answer, and if anything, escalated the issues Shizune had. In her bad ending, she's just now completely open about how upset she is about it.

And she's deaf, what do you expect when the only interest her jerkass dad shows in her is trying to make her "normal", as if her deafness is something to be ashamed of? I'm not deaf, but if I was I sure as hell wouldn't cooperate if I felt I was being made to feel "wrong" and needed "fixing", especially with all the confusion of a person growing up in a world full of people with a sense they take for granted (and if Shizune went to a school for the deaf before Yamaku, where she learns sign language, she's got two conflicting environments - and naturally, she'd go for the one where she's more accepted). Hideaki doesn't even learn sign until Hisao shows up and her mother's not seemed to have a huge hand in her upbringing, so Shizune's had an entire childhood essentially not being communicated with properly by her own family.
quellsnarg

Post by quellsnarg »

For me, it's a toss-up between Shizune's bad ending and Hanako's neutral ending. Shizune's had a more immediate impact but Hanako's neutral ending is... pretty depressing after you think about it for a while.
Shizune >>> Emi > Rin = Hanako >> Lilly
panique

Post by panique »

So far the ones that upset me the most were Emi's bad ending (it was the first character I played through, which may have had something to do with it) and Hanako's bad ending; mostly the part where she yells about hating Lilly - hating Hisao wasn't as bad for me, but poor Lilly has tried so hard to do good by Hanako and to hear (read?) her say that she hates Lilly struck a chord with me.
Censored

Post by Censored »

Well for me it was really a close call between Shizune's bad ending and Rin's neutral ending.

Shizune pretty much loses everthing she cared for in this ending and she also has pretty much no family to rely on, her father doesn't even bother to understand her, thinking she's just to stubborn to talk,
her brother could be one to turn to, but he doesn't know how to communicate proper with her.

For Rin in the neutral ending (I ask myself why this is labeled the neutral ending, for me it's pretty much the bad ending) she is going to do something she really doesn't want and im my
opinion only because Nomiya pretty much pressured her into this.
In the end she tries to reach out to Hisao and I think she pretty much says that she wanted him the one who understands her, but this pretty much eludes him. On top of that you could pretty much argue
that without any support of her friends she pretty much will and up as Sae' husband.
Ditsch

Post by Ditsch »

Easy Shizune bad ending , i did feel so sorry for her that hisao is an asshole.
2nd place would be Rin neutral ending as she will end up like sae's husband.
Raiel

Post by Raiel »

Even Lilly's good ending made me shed manly tears (as did Rin's) Some other ends only managed to make me feel indifferent at best.
Since I haven't played Hanako's path yet... I'll just can't decide. Lilly's bad ending was more aweful then Rin's so I'll take that for now
Lilly (Good End on 1st try), Rin (Good End on 1st try), Emi (Bad End on 1st try), Shizune ("Bad" End on 1st try), Hanako Arch (Good End on 1st try)
Favorite Char: 1.Rin 2.Misha 3.Kenji
Favorite Couple: Lilly x Hisao, Hisao x Misha x Shizune
Special Mention: Jigoro (for being awesome), Yandere Hanako (USO DA!), Emi's mom (for being MILFy)
Least Favorite Char: Emi (by far)
vinralfakyn

Post by vinralfakyn »

i voted rin's neutral ending because they actually walked around town in the rain like they did at the start.. it's like walking down memory lane.. and at the end, it's like when rin has been able to pick the words to say, he picked out those that are the most hurtful.. as i read the lines i find myself pleading for rin.. :cry:

by the way, lilly's good ending could have been the saddest if it were not for the good part: when they were reunited.. if the story stopped at the airport, then i could have thrown away my laptop and cry for a century.. hyperbole, of course..

shizune's bad ending could also be the saddest.. but the brevity of the moment contributed to its less impact.. i would be more shattered if it has some more emotion and more screenplay.. anyway, its still sad.. :cry:

hanako's bad ending is really messed up.. i think hisao's just out of his mind to force hanako into a date, considering her personality.. so im more frustrated than depressed..
KnownAnonymous

Post by KnownAnonymous »

Hanako's bad ending is the best option to ease my mind....

Well, I like split-personalities :D.