Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters
IraFunesta
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:58 am

Re: Ask!

Post by IraFunesta » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:58 pm

I don't actually think this question already got answered, so i will post it:
How do Hanako manage to pay up the Yamaku Academy ? Does she have any job? Anyone pays it for her?

User avatar
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer
Posts: 1507
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:10 am
Location: Australia

Re: Ask!

Post by Suriko » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:26 pm

IraFunesta wrote:I don't actually think this question already got answered, so i will post it:
How do Hanako manage to pay up the Yamaku Academy ? Does she have any job? Anyone pays it for her?
Ward of the State. The government pays.

TheHivemind
Path Writer
Posts: 864
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Ask!

Post by TheHivemind » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:39 pm

Caesius wrote:
TheHivemind wrote:It also gave me a way to perhaps address some larger concerns with the way these stories go, so I made a few alterations to the formula and had ... a heroine whose chastity is called into question (is she? isn't she? The answer's not important, the question (and why some people are tearing their hair out over it) is the important thing).
In that case, do you think that people calling Emi a "slut" is a reasonable and justified reaction? Is it a matter of perspective?

Or did you intend from the start to upset insecure control freaks?
In short, no, it's not a reasonable and justified reaction. I think it's completely fucking stupid.

I knew that leaving the question of Emi's virginity unanswered would cause a ruckus, and that is precisely why I left it unanswered. Those who are tearing their hair out over it would do well to examine why it is they find it so fucking important. It's not important. Emi's still the same person, virgin or not.

Edit to clarify: There's no answer, as far as I'm concerned. She either boned her ex boyfriend, or did not bone him. It makes no difference, because either way she pushed him away and then met Hisao later. The story is the same, but the details are different. Fucking her ex didn't make her a worse person, it was just part of the relationship. Not fucking her ex didn't make her a better person, they just didn't fuck. You see?

User avatar
FissionXMailed
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:08 pm

Re: Ask!

Post by FissionXMailed » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:49 pm

Just a curious question that's been on my mind. What would've happened to Rin and Shizune in the other paths? Would they have just gone on and done well cause Lilly and Hanako were shown to have done fine following the other paths. Emi I'm just assuming would've been fine cause she just needed someone who would be there for her, not to solve hey problems which in her good ending that was Hisao.

Would Rin have been perfectly fine, try for the art exhibit and be a success and focus on being an artist?

Shizune I can't really think of anything other than her and Misha would remain friends and go to the same university together.

If it's one of those things you guys decided to leave unanswered it's fine. Just as someone who wants a full grasps on the arcs I rather get it right than leave it to speculation.
94% Collected (Only have done Good endings.)
(1st) Emi: Done
(2nd) Hanako: Done
(3rd) Shizune: Done
(4th) Rin: Done
(5th) Lilly: Done
Got the "feels"? Click here for a resolve.

ingordo

Re: Ask!

Post by ingordo » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:04 am

TheHivemind wrote:In short, no, it's not a reasonable and justified reaction. I think it's completely fucking stupid.
Image

Post of the year.

Drake

Re: Ask!

Post by Drake » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:19 am

TheHivemind wrote:
Caesius wrote:
TheHivemind wrote:It also gave me a way to perhaps address some larger concerns with the way these stories go, so I made a few alterations to the formula and had ... a heroine whose chastity is called into question (is she? isn't she? The answer's not important, the question (and why some people are tearing their hair out over it) is the important thing).
In that case, do you think that people calling Emi a "slut" is a reasonable and justified reaction? Is it a matter of perspective?

Or did you intend from the start to upset insecure control freaks?
In short, no, it's not a reasonable and justified reaction. I think it's completely fucking stupid.

I knew that leaving the question of Emi's virginity unanswered would cause a ruckus, and that is precisely why I left it unanswered. Those who are tearing their hair out over it would do well to examine why it is they find it so fucking important. It's not important. Emi's still the same person, virgin or not.

Edit to clarify: There's no answer, as far as I'm concerned. She either boned her ex boyfriend, or did not bone him. It makes no difference, because either way she pushed him away and then met Hisao later. The story is the same, but the details are different. Fucking her ex didn't make her a worse person, it was just part of the relationship. Not fucking her ex didn't make her a better person, they just didn't fuck. You see?
Translation: They had anal sex?
Yeah, I'm just kidding obviously, but that anal sex scene really did pop outta nowhere.

Reminds me of when I played Seasons of Sakura ages ago. One of the girls, the one that was a Ayanami rippoff, was not a virgin. The protag seems to make a pretty big deal out of it with a few seconds of internal monologue before he comes to the realization of how insignificant it is.
Always made me wonder what the big deal was in the first place.

User avatar
rusticarmor
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:19 am

Re: Ask!

Post by rusticarmor » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:29 am

So i just realized Hanako has an odd sort of similarity to the Phantom of the Opera

.half scarred face that they hide though, Hanako hides it less than the Phantom.
.horrible past with involving parents
.society has shunned and hated them
.both love to sing

Did the writer intentionally do this or had even seen Phantom of the Opera and had done it subconsciously or something?

EDIT: that or just pure coincidence. I know they're are tons of characters out there with the "half my face is fuck up" thing going for them

meatbag

Re: Ask!

Post by meatbag » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:14 am

Which path was the hardest to edit? How do the editors decide what to cut or change from the script and which writer cries the loudest when their script is altered? Do the editors have GOD powers over the writers or do they act just like the writer's conscience?

User avatar
sporkaganza
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: Ask!

Post by sporkaganza » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:18 am

rusticarmor wrote:So i just realized Hanako has an odd sort of similarity to the Phantom of the Opera

.half scarred face that they hide though, Hanako hides it less than the Phantom.
.horrible past with involving parents
.society has shunned and hated them
.both love to sing

Did the writer intentionally do this or had even seen Phantom of the Opera and had done it subconsciously or something?

EDIT: that or just pure coincidence. I know they're are tons of characters out there with the "half my face is fuck up" thing going for them
I can guarantee before the devs respond that it was a complete coincidence. You might as well ask if she has any similarities to Harvey Dent. Why do all the people asking these questions assume everything was straight-up "based on" something? Do so many people really just not understand the writing process?
100% completion!
Whatever you do, be safe!

IraFunesta
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:58 am

Re: Ask!

Post by IraFunesta » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:28 am

Suriko wrote:IraFunesta wrote:
I don't actually think this question already got answered, so i will post it:
How do Hanako manage to pay up the Yamaku Academy ? Does she have any job? Anyone pays it for her?


Ward of the State. The government pays.
Thanks for the answer. So i guess that in the game is never shown the Legal guardian of Hanako, neither Hisao has any way to meet him, right?

User avatar
jaycee
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:26 pm
Location: Italy, Milan

Re: Ask!

Post by jaycee » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:44 am

I just read about Rika Katayama and Saki Enomoto, they are really something, especially Saki's story would turn out into a really drammatic story....did you ever had the temptation of putting them really in the game? Maybe a future project? :lol:

I repost it with the account so I can easilly find the answer, someday...sorry :P

JiisanChrist
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:14 am

Re: Ask!

Post by JiisanChrist » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:24 am

Hello KS developers.

I posted about making a petition to animate KS a while back & I'm here to tell you guys that 've gone & made the petition HERE. I just want you guys to know this is happening.

Also, you guys can find the corresponding topic I created HERE

Silentcook was pretty negative about the idea when responding to my first post on page 61, it's understandable since you all have stated that you're not interested in profitting from KS. However, after my follow up post I did not seem to get any negative feedback even after waiting for 3 days, so I went ahead & made the petition.

I hope you guys will appreciate our support.

Cheers

Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You
Posts: 2531
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:22 am
Location: Imola, Italy

Re: Ask!

Post by Silentcook » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:28 am

meatbag wrote:Which path was the hardest to edit? How do the editors decide what to cut or change from the script and which writer cries the loudest when their script is altered? Do the editors have GOD powers over the writers or do they act just like the writer's conscience?
The question shouldn't be so much about "which path" as about "which writer". Suriko wins that one on grounds of the sheer amount of stuff plus DEM AUSSIES.

The rest is a combination of wielding an iron fist paring knife and stopping in time when you realize you wouldn't have anything left over if you did as you pleased. The "god powers" thing doesn't survive contact with the realities of writer output and development hell.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Image

Guest

Re: Ask!

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:45 am

What did you enjoy most from making KS ?

kidlat020
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:57 pm

Re: Ask!

Post by kidlat020 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:43 pm

sorry if this has been answered.

what to you guys think of the whole SOPA bill? Or at the very least, the thought of KS being available but only "limited" to certain countries?

a bit off-topic:

I've always wondered why a lot of people called Emi a slut. My impression was that Emi was just genuinely curious at the whole sex business. She tried sex, simply the same as trying this or that candy, she liked it, she craved for more. Just a healthy sex drive, nothing more.

Post Reply