Katawa Shoujo Soundtrack Up for Download

Comment on and discuss blog posts in here. One thread per post.
bp22601

Re: Katawa Shoujo Soundtrack Up for Download

Post by bp22601 »

Thanks! Love the soundtrack.
Levy

Post by Levy »

Is there a torrent link we can use to download them instead of using the site's bandwidth?
My little record, apparently. :)
rikimtasu

Post by rikimtasu »

so the OST is finally released...but is there any change for other format,like FLAC for best music quality as possible?
Last edited by rikimtasu on Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Uliana

Post by Uliana »

The DDL link isn't working for me for some reason. It just keeps loading for minutes without doing anything. Are there any mirrors or alt links available for it?
rhfs

Post by rhfs »

Finally! I love the music and have been waiting for the OST release since I first played the games.
luinthoron

Post by luinthoron »

Thank you so very much! :)
heyer

Post by heyer »

Amazing! Thanks a lot :D
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Wow, I didn't expect this to become available so fast.
Anyway, I did expect the DDL to break soon after the release what with so many people desperately waiting for it ^^°
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Nintendo Maniac 64

Post by Nintendo Maniac 64 »

2014 Edit: Holy crap did I come off sounding like a dick. I profusely apologize.

rikimtasu wrote:so the OST is finally released...but is there any change for other format,like FLAC for best music quality as possible?

This. Some of us like to be able to convert our music into other formats you know! (lossy to lossy conversions don't count) Not only that, but some of the songs are supposed to be able to seamlessly loop (such as "Stride"), and MP3 cannot physically be gapless.

And the fact that you're releasing an MP3 soundtrack for a program that runs natively on Linux...yeah, that just seems wrong.

I mean, you guys supposedly don't want people cracking open the .NPA files, but you really aren't helping much with the Linux crowd - even the in-game OGG vorbis files should be higher quality than if you converted the MP3 OST to OGG vorbis.
Last edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 on Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Katawa Shoujo's resident straight male kuutsundere.
(because just "tsundere" makes people think of "Shana clones" *shivers*)

UNIT0918

Post by UNIT0918 »

Since you guys technically made Katawa Shoujo for yourselves and not for the fans, I really appreciated that you guys went through the work of making one anyway! Thank you very much! I love the soundtrack so much! Now I can put Wiosna on repeat as studying or sleeping music instead of keeping the visual novel on!

Actually, I think I found out one small track that's missing: the short melody that plays during the title cards for Acts 3 and 4. I'd really appreciate it if you guys could add that for us!
Seeing that more people are using Valkyria Chronicles avatars, I'll follow suit.
delta
Feels Badman

Post by delta »

Nintendo Maniac 64 wrote:
rikimtasu wrote:so the OST is finally released...but is there any change for other format,like FLAC for best music quality as possible?
This. Some of us like to be able to convert our music into other formats you know! (lossy to lossy conversions don't count) Not only that, but some of the songs are supposed to be able to seamlessly loop (such as "Stride"), and MP3 cannot physically be gapless.

And the fact that you're releasing an MP3 soundtrack for a program that runs natively on Linux...yeah, that just seems wrong.

I mean, you guys supposedly don't want people cracking open the .NPA files, but you really aren't helping much with the Linux crowd - even the in-game OGG vorbis files should be higher quality than if you converted the MP3 OST to OGG vorbis.
I don't fucking care what morons like you want.

Post by Guest »

Touché
Griffinhart

Post by Griffinhart »

Awwwyeah. Gonna have this on repeat for the next year or so.

Would've liked to have it in lossless because I'm an ~audiophile~, but I'll take what I can get when it comes to Katawa Shoujo.
Falkentyne

Post by Falkentyne »

Thank you so much for putting this up! I know a few of us have been annoying you about it, but it means a lot for you to put even more effort on our parts! These are heading straight for my MP3 player and Kindle Fire.

It could be a downloading problem on my end, but "Jitter" (the tune from Hanako's FMV) seems to end a little early compared to the in-game version - it cuts my favorite part of that track out. :(

Post by Guest »

Thank you very much. I really like it. :)