How'd you find yourself here?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

ziamatt

Re: How'd you find yourself here?

Post by ziamatt »

I downloaded the demo that was released last year on a recommendation from posters from GameFAQs Current Events board. I never got around to even playing it though, and sort of forgot about it until I saw CE talking about the full release. Now I'm obsessed.

Post by Guest »

Searched for game son tpb and saw katawa shoujo on top 100
Mahorfeus

Post by Mahorfeus »

Learned about the game the day it came out from the Escapist magazine.

Spared myself from getting killed by anticipation. DX
"A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love." -Stendhal
Tomate

Post by Tomate »

A fellow basement dweller told me about the game way back when the act1 was released. Joined the forum after i downloaded the full version.
Don't just eat that hamburger, eat the HELL out of it!
pauper

Post by pauper »

Saw it on /a/, got curious about it when people started telling about how good it actually was, and since I was bored so I decided to check it out.

The first thing i noticed when I downloaded it was that I had played a beta version of it once before, sadly it crashed after a while.

I'm still very happy that I gave this game a chance, this game actually changed my view of life a bit.
Completed paths:
Hanako - Good ending
Shizune - Good ending
Emi - Good ending
Rin - Bad ending :$
Lilly - Bad and good ending

English isn't my first language, so I might make some mistakes when I write something ; )
Ryto

Post by Ryto »

I'd like to say I found the game by being told about it by a friend on facebook. That would be a lie. I actually found it by randomly visiting the rule 34 image website thing, and the featured picture of the day was a Katawa Shoujo one. It intrigued me, and my life will never be the same.
100% Complete.
So here's my ranking:
Hanako>Lilly>Rin>=Emi>Shizune
danibazan14

Post by danibazan14 »

I saw a video on youtube mentioning Katawa Shoujo. decided to do a bit of research. and found the game. downloaded the full version and after completing emi's route i joined the chat. after joining the chat i joined the forum. so thats that
47% library
Emi's and Hanako's Route completed so far

Im just a VG fan :D

Post by Guest »

It was a long process, but...

1. Clannad anime
2. Episode 24 was actually epic in comparison to episode 1-23 combined
3. So it was Tomoyo route.
4. googled for more info
5. oh, so it's a VN.
6. Hongfire
7. The world of VNs
kidlat020

Post by kidlat020 »

^ that "guest" is actually me. didn't noticed that I haven't logged in yet.
Whammy

Post by Whammy »

Same place as all other great stuff I find; TV Tropes. Was looking for some freeware VN and this one caught my eye the most. Demo helped a lot at that .
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

I wanna say word of mouth or looking at the art the inspired the game on Danbooru, it's one of those two.
Brisingr

Post by Brisingr »

I first found out about KS almost 2 weeks ago from some guy posting a link to the first act on the "Demotivational Posters!" thread on amvhell.com. Downloaded the link so I could understand his reference to it and never looked back.
komarunda

Post by komarunda »

I noticed some random facebook link to an article on kotaku about KS. Got interested, read the article, downloaded the game and after that, signed up here :)
「明日もまた、太陽は昇る。そして明日も僕は、生きて行くのさ」
Robnonymous

Post by Robnonymous »

Saw an article on Destructoid back in December about KS, which caught my attention. What made me legitimately want to play it was the way they described it: tastefully done, respectful to the characters and their "problems," etc... Even so, I wasn't expecting to be as taken with it as I was. It turned out to be quite the emotional thrill ride for me.

After I couldn't get Hanako out of my head, I decided the best course would be to sign up on the forums and submit my own epilogue for her story. It helped to take the edge off and get me refocused on my day-to-day. Now I stick around because I'm a complete sap and enjoy talking about manly tears.
Bad Dreams (Hanako) - My first KS fanfic. it's actually a happy story
Reconciliation - (a Hanako bad-end story) - My second KS fanfic. Not all that happy.
Thrasher Thetic

Post by Thrasher Thetic »

"Hold on, an H-game, spawned by 4chan, involving disabled chicks in a japanese high-school setting. Oh man, this is gonna be an UNBELIEVABLE trainwreck!"

*Dowloads, starts playing*

5 days later . . .

"Wow.... did not see that coming."
The only difference between theory and reality is that in theory there is no difference, but in reality there is.