Do you make your love/admiration/etc. for this game public?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Valtameri

Re: Do you make your love/admiration/etc. for this game publ

Post by Valtameri »

Guest wrote:I broke down to my only friend through FaceBook PM's over how KS has made me realise how lonely i've been over the past 18 years. Not particularly public but I tried.
Funny, i realised my loneliness too after i played KS. Quess i'm not the only one...
It sits in silence
Eats away at me
It feeds like cancer
pauper

Post by pauper »

Sadly, I can't think of someone who wouldn't laugh, maybe some friends of the past but I lost contact with them, so i haven't told anyone yet. It doesn't bother me either.
Completed paths:
Hanako - Good ending
Shizune - Good ending
Emi - Good ending
Rin - Bad ending :$
Lilly - Bad and good ending

English isn't my first language, so I might make some mistakes when I write something ; )
urishima

Post by urishima »

I told one of my colleagues during bus-rides to work about the game and I think I got him interested enough to try it out. Just gotta make sure he actually does it :D

Also told my neighbour about it over a glass of scotch. Can't really picture him playing it but he said that it sounded interesting.
GG Crono wrote:Whenever I want to convince someone that this game is more than its... erm, unorthodox premise would imply, I just show them this. That usually does the trick.
This is perfect.
Rin - finished
Emi - finished
Shizune - finished
Lilly - finished
Hanako
Censored

Post by Censored »

Well up to now I only told one friend of this game, because I know he is interessted in Visual Novels too, I may talk to a few others but I have some friends who don't like
these sort og game so for them this sadly is out of the question.

But if asked I won't hesitate to tell anybody, it's a great game and I love it, no problems for me standing by it.
Ryto

Post by Ryto »

Tomate wrote:
tmhizzy wrote:
Tomate wrote:Thanks to a bizarre series of absurd events, yesterday i had the task to explain to a Catholic Nun what is Katawa Shoujo, it was awesome.
How did that go?
First tings first: The Background.
My mother is a catholic and a fierce one at that, she has lots of friends from the church, including a Nun, this nun is on a sabbatical, so she hangs around my house most of the day, since my mother is a widow, she and the nun do everything together.

Some days ago, my computer went haywire, i was bored siting in the living, and the nun asked why i was not at my computer, i told her, and she said "Why dont you use my laptop? Its not like your PC, but better than nothing"

So, i borrowed her laptop, and installed KS. Some days later she asked about "that heart icon on my desktop", i told her about Katawa Shoujo, told about how the game was made, about the characters and history.

She was interested, and tried to play, but since she doesn't speak English, she cant play, she asked about a Portuguese translation though.

She is surprisingly laid back for a nun
Did you also mention the adult material?
100% Complete.
So here's my ranking:
Hanako>Lilly>Rin>=Emi>Shizune
ziamatt

Post by ziamatt »

I haven't brought it up to anyone yet. I have sone friends I would mention it, some I might even be able to get into it. I also have a Katawa Shoujo picture as my background for my laptop and phone.
Tomate

Post by Tomate »

Ryto wrote: Did you also mention the adult material?
Paraphrasing a bit what i told her about this:

"Its a coming of age story, so there is sex as a rite of passage" and she said something like "Is it normal consensual sex or Internet sex?".
Last edited by Tomate on Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't just eat that hamburger, eat the HELL out of it!
jaycee

Post by jaycee »

after playing this game i just went out with every person i know to say how awsome it is :lol: I even play it at school, so some friends notice the game :)
Char

Post by Char »

jaycee wrote:after playing this game i just went out with every person i know to say how awsome it is :lol: I even play it at school, so some friends notice the game :)
Pretty much the same, being university instead of school. I often get strange glares, but I have a reputation for being eccentric, and I'm not one to mind what people think I am. If bothers me, however, when they say I would have a disabled person for girlfriend, only because they say it as if it was something bad, and by no means it is. Guess most people are still too narrow-minded.
Ryto

Post by Ryto »

Tomate wrote:
Ryto wrote: Did you also mention the adult material?
Paraphrasing a bit what i told her about this:

"Its a coming of age story, so there is sex as a rite of passage" and she said something like "Is it normal consensual sex or Internet sex?".
Your nun is awesome.
100% Complete.
So here's my ranking:
Hanako>Lilly>Rin>=Emi>Shizune
Nekken

Post by Nekken »

Um... no. I haven't even registered an account here. There are one or two people I've talked with this about, but I don't intend to expand it any further than that.
scorptatious

Post by scorptatious »

So far I've only told my brother about it.

Whenever I meet up with my friends again, I'll probably tell them about it.
ardiel

Post by ardiel »

No. I live among idiots.

I don't care what they think, since I played it after all, but having to hear the reactions would give me a headache that I don't need.
leechmaster

Post by leechmaster »

i have made mention of the game but havent gone into any detail since none have taken interest
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

I've told my partner and my mother about it. My partner is used to me playing weird games and roleplaying female characters in them sometimes, and my mother and I always talk about games.

I also posted a link to it on a forum I frequent. The whole thing descended into cripple jokes depressingly quickly. Only two of my friends ended up trying it. One thought it was really good and finished all the paths, the other played the first few sections but didn't care for the subject matter or the way it was presented.