What's the weirdest thing you've done while playing KS?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Ivan The Mouse

Re: What's the weirdest thing you've done while playing KS?

Post by Ivan The Mouse »

Shintai wrote:I've refused to do any of the bad endings.....
Me too.

Also:
Reading every male character's lines aloud with some crappy voice acting skills.
Waving my hands in a circle when the intermission comes up, as if I was casting a spell.
Warning:

This poster is prone to fits of auto-pilot typing, in which he will make posts with butchered grammar and sentence structure without knowing it.
Bringerof_D

Post by Bringerof_D »

cselador wrote:
CosmicGhost wrote:
Mrkew wrote: You are EVIL!

Don't know if it counts as weird, but it's the first time my eyes got watery during an H-scene in a VN.
Don't get me wrong man, I LOVE Hanako, but I just felt like doing it out of the blue.

And it's not really that weird, considering this is KS. In fact, this should be its slogan: Katawa Shoujo, the VN where H turns your semen into tears.

Ahahahaha! This indeed. I'd never played a VN before, and I loved this game so much. The sex scenes were mature and never felt like they were simply trying to indulge the fantasies of the viewer.
i dont know about the rest but Hanako's h scene felt like it was tossed in only so it could still be called an h game. the writing was beautiful all the way through except for that scene.

weirdest thing for me had to be promising myself to finish the route next time, and then stayed up till 5 am finishing it that day. from that moment it must've been like an additional 6-7 hours i put in.
~Hello there Kenji, I'm a psychic spy. But dont worry, I know what you're thinking. It wont hurt at all...~
Joeshmoelb

Post by Joeshmoelb »

I constantly find myself acting out things Hisao mentions he see's the girls doing, like I needed some visual reminder of what was going on.
Morello

Post by Morello »

When I shouted to my mind "HOLY SHIT THEY JUST DID ANAL"
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

Maybe this not weird but usually when I'm on the loading/file select theme, I mute the in-game music and start playing the Final Fantasy I, IV, and VI Prelude themes, pretending I'm about to play an epic RPG adventure.
Tomate

Post by Tomate »

I usually try to imagine what voice each character has. And when they speak, i read the lines with theirs voices in my mind.

Hanako has a tiny whispery voice like Rei Aynami.
Lilly has a stern yet feminine voice, like a noblewoman
Shizune is mute, so she has no voice, but i read her lines like they were spoken by Morgan Freeman as a narrator.
Don't just eat that hamburger, eat the HELL out of it!
crystal

Post by crystal »

I kept hearing my voice among the background students banter. I have a pretty distinctive voice too.
Lilly path > Hanako path >>>> Shizune path > Emi path > Rin path.

My most heart wrenching moment...Misha getting a haircut.
Mogami-kun

Post by Mogami-kun »

I usually point my index finger at the monitor when the transition scene comes up. I follow its motion and click my tongue to the music.
"100%"
My final ranking: Hanako >>> Lilly > (Misha >) Shizune > Rin > Emi.
DH531

Post by DH531 »

CPU wrote:- Weep like a baby at seeing Lilly's Good End; then going back and watching it again.
I did that too...even though I cried watching it the first time, I just kept watching it and kept on crying :cry:
I also found myself shaking a lot of the time, I thought that i was cold so I covered up with my blanket but I just kept shaking as I played...It's probably just me getting really into it since Katawa Shoujo is the first VN i've played.
outbackshaq

Post by outbackshaq »

Tomate wrote:I usually try to imagine what voice each character has. And when they speak, i read the lines with theirs voices in my mind.

Shizune is mute, so she has no voice, but i read her lines like they were spoken by Morgan Freeman as a narrator.
Anything bad that has happened to me today has been set right by this post...
Theres always a work around ;)
Quark

Post by Quark »

Mogami-kun wrote:I usually point my index finger at the monitor when the transition scene comes up. I follow its motion and click my tongue to the music.
I thought I was the only one :shock:
Samsa

Post by Samsa »

outbackshaq wrote:When I was playing Shizune's path, and Misha revealed that she liked/likes Shizune , it reminded me of an image I saw on the Shimmie... and I feel bad for it... but it was [shimmie=1887]this image[/shimmie] and I giggled a bit before shutting up
Welp, I'm guilty of that too.
Samsa

Post by Samsa »

^^^As an addendum to that, I found myself wanting Hanako's casual outfit. I'm a guy.
Ryto

Post by Ryto »

Tomate wrote:Shizune is mute, so she has no voice, but i read her lines like they were spoken by Morgan Freeman as a narrator.
This is so great....might happen to me now that I've heard it. XD
100% Complete.
So here's my ranking:
Hanako>Lilly>Rin>=Emi>Shizune
urishima

Post by urishima »

Ryto wrote:
Tomate wrote:Shizune is mute, so she has no voice, but i read her lines like they were spoken by Morgan Freeman as a narrator.
This is so great....might happen to me now that I've heard it. XD
Not sure if my experience has now been ruined... or improved...
Rin - finished
Emi - finished
Shizune - finished
Lilly - finished
Hanako