Do you make your love/admiration/etc. for this game public?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

tmhizzy

Do you make your love/admiration/etc. for this game public?

Post by tmhizzy »

I've only told my siblings and my close friends how much I like this game. I'm kind off afraid of what other people (e.g friends who are not so close, parents, etc.) will think about me if I tell them about it.
charmisokay

Re: Do you make your love/admiration/etc. for this game publ

Post by charmisokay »

I openly talk about it with my friends (mainly because it was one of them who told me about it, and we all laugh at each other anyway - so no reason hiding these things :D)

Okay, parents or family on the other hand.... Well I think they would think I'm into people with no arms or something like that (as a fetish) so I think I would feel rather awkward if I had to talk with them about it.
After playing Lilly's route I started eating pizza with a knife and a fork ^^ I'm such a gentleman.
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

I told my girlfriend about KS. She dismissed it as "some weird Japanese thing" I found online. Fortunately, after all these years, she's conditioned to expect me to be a weirdo.

Anyone else, I mention it as an "interactive story," which, it is.
Tomate

Post by Tomate »

Yep.

Why should i be embarrassed about my hobbies?
Don't just eat that hamburger, eat the HELL out of it!
Valtameri

Post by Valtameri »

For few selected friends yes, i've even told them about my obsession towards one of the girls from KS, they're ok with it. Or so they say :roll:
It sits in silence
Eats away at me
It feeds like cancer
Zeon Twilight

Post by Zeon Twilight »

Close friends and Family. I don't really openly discuss my hobbies in public. kinda wish I was the sort that did, but I'm not.

Post by Guest »

I broke down to my only friend through FaceBook PM's over how KS has made me realise how lonely i've been over the past 18 years. Not particularly public but I tried.
Tomate

Post by Tomate »

Thanks to a bizarre series of absurd events, yesterday i had the task to explain to a Catholic Nun what is Katawa Shoujo, it was awesome.
tmhizzy

Post by tmhizzy »

Tomate wrote:Thanks to a bizarre series of absurd events, yesterday i had the task to explain to a Catholic Nun what is Katawa Shoujo, it was awesome.
How did that go?
DH531

Post by DH531 »

I haven't told anyone personally about this game yet. Most of my friends are the kind to make fun of this kind of thing, however I've a couple of close friends that I wouldn't mind talking to about this, since they're more mature about this sort of thing, well most of the time anyway.
I guess the only 'public' thing i've done is write a journal on Deviantart about it a few minutes ago which apparently goes public or something (you can tell i'm not an avid deviantart user).
Though to be honest I don't think i'd mind talking about it in public, i know what this game portrays and i'd be fine defending it. :D I just need to finish all the routes first.
Palas

Post by Palas »

Mostly. I did talk to my closest friends about it (and they were shocked by the game's premise and called me crazy) and to my girlfriend, who actually tried to play the game, but gave up because it was, well, pretty much like a book and she's not fond ot books. Also, whoever broke into my room in the last couple weeks to gather explanations on why I wouldn't leave my room promptly received a lecture on KS and on how it's important to me. That includes my father, my brother and a cousin of mine.

Other than that, I have long-distance friends with whom I have talked about KS and they, awesome as ever, fell for it just as much as I did. We shared and our experiences via Skype and all that.
While we are here discussing, Hanako is somewhere hopping from dark to darker tiles. Alone.
GG Crono

Post by GG Crono »

Whenever I want to convince someone that this game is more than its... erm, unorthodox premise would imply, I just show them this. That usually does the trick.
Tomate

Post by Tomate »

tmhizzy wrote:
Tomate wrote:Thanks to a bizarre series of absurd events, yesterday i had the task to explain to a Catholic Nun what is Katawa Shoujo, it was awesome.
How did that go?
First tings first: The Background.
My mother is a catholic and a fierce one at that, she has lots of friends from the church, including a Nun, this nun is on a sabbatical, so she hangs around my house most of the day, since my mother is a widow, she and the nun do everything together.

Some days ago, my computer went haywire, i was bored siting in the living, and the nun asked why i was not at my computer, i told her, and she said "Why dont you use my laptop? Its not like your PC, but better than nothing"

So, i borrowed her laptop, and installed KS. Some days later she asked about "that heart icon on my desktop", i told her about Katawa Shoujo, told about how the game was made, about the characters and history.

She was interested, and tried to play, but since she doesn't speak English, she cant play, she asked about a Portuguese translation though.

She is surprisingly laid back for a nun
tmhizzy

Post by tmhizzy »

Tomate wrote:
tmhizzy wrote:
How did that go?
First tings first: The Background.
My mother is a catholic and a fierce one at that, she has lots of friends from the church, including a Nun, this nun is on a sabbatical, so she hangs around my house most of the day, since my mother is a widow, she and the nun do everything together.

Some days ago, my computer went haywire, i was bored siting in the living, and the nun asked why i was not at my computer, i told her, and she said "Why dont you use my laptop? Its not like your PC, but better than nothing"

So, i borrowed her laptop, and installed KS. Some days later she asked about "that heart icon on my desktop", i told her about Katawa Shoujo, told about how the game was made, about the characters and history.

She was interested, and tried to play, but since she doesn't speak English, she cant play, she asked about a Portuguese translation though.

She is surprisingly laid back for a nun
I wish everyone I knew was as open as that.
boredism

Post by boredism »

People know my eccentric nature so I can talk about it all I want and they just accept the fact that I am eccentric so leave it be. Some of my family knows, they all know I am different, so they just pass it off as one of my random rants. Will I tell a random stranger on the street about it? no, most likely not, they will just look at me weirdly and think I am crazy. Will I post on the internet about it? am I not doing so already?
I told my colleagues about it and got some of them secretly hooked. Whahahahaha~~