Fan Manga

Are you a deviant enough dude to post here?
Karasu Inoue

Fan Manga

Post by Karasu Inoue »

Okay, so I'm not the best artist in the world. I've only been drawing for 7 years... And as you can see from my pic below, I've developed a minuscule amount of "skill".... (If you can really call it that... *sigh*)

But I'm determined. I will get better someday! And thus, I will charge on in this daring project! I will attempt to adapt Katawa Shoujo into a manga. Right now the only pic I can show off is rough sketches I did today... The pic wasn't taken in the best lighting... or the best phone camera.... I have friends that have a scanner, but I don't own one.... so things are going to be veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrry slow at first... Eventually I'll buy one though. ^^ Also, I'll be inking in all the pages myself and everything will be done by hand in pencil and ink. So everything will be pretty rough... ^^;; I don't have any fancy art CG programs on my little laptop nor am I any good at using them or art tablets. @__@ So bear with me... I'm still a beginner. Katawa Shoujo is mainly a test to see if I can really draw a story or not... I've never finished one before... Longest one I've done was about 150 pages long... This project could take many years actually... Also I'll be changing a few things to fit my artistic limitations... It's not that there's anything wrong with the original story. It's just my incompetence as an "artist" getting in the way...

Anyway, without further ado... here's my current sketches....

http://hphotos-sjc1.fbcdn.net/hphotos-s ... 7837_n.jpg

As you can see, I've developed some semblance of anatomy over the years all on my own.... ^^;; Yay~ I guess? This is embarrassing, but feedback will definitely be helpful. I'm a bit apprehensive about my work... And Rin would probably scold me for asking for feedback now wouldn't she? LOL

To give you an idea of what a finished drawing of mine might look, here's a pic I did a while back of Ciel Phantomhive from Black Butler (Cross dressing scene)

Will definitely keep you guys updating on this project. Also, if anyone's willing to help in anyway feel free to mention it. I'll take any suggestions or help in any form. ^^

Thanks so much!!
Fellow Katawa Shoujo fan - Karasu Inoue

PS No H-scenes due to my artistic incompetence... Anatomy on the bare-skin level is beyond my skill.... (Unless I copy the images directly from the game... Which would be no fun... I want to limit that as much as possible.)
Mirage_GSM

Re: Fan Manga

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Emi is a bit too short in that sketch...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Darkish-One

Post by Darkish-One »

Karasu Inoue wrote:PS No H-scenes due to my artistic incompetence... Anatomy on the bare-skin level is beyond my skill.... (Unless I copy the images directly from the game... Which would be no fun... I want to limit that as much as possible.)
I shall teach you how to draw H... first my kind sir or/and ma'am, draw a delicious ballpark frank, then draw yummy doughnut. now here is the tricky part as the next few scenes... oh how can I say this for the little kiddies that may be reading. Thrust the hotdog vigorously into the doughnut hole... yeah thats child friendly. Then for the last scene change the doughnut to a glazed doughnut... whala H scene practice. :O
Karasu Inoue

Post by Karasu Inoue »

Mirage_GSM wrote:Emi is a bit too short in that sketch...
Yeah, now that you mention it... Thanks. I'll have to work on that! Lol. :)
Darkish-One wrote:I shall teach you how to draw H... first my kind sir or/and ma'am, draw a delicious ballpark frank, then draw yummy doughnut. now here is the tricky part as the next few scenes... oh how can I say this for the little kiddies that may be reading. Thrust the hotdog vigorously into the doughnut hole... yeah thats child friendly. Then for the last scene change the doughnut to a glazed doughnut... whala H scene practice. :O
O_o ...........
KawattaS

Post by KawattaS »

I cannot understand English very much but it is exciting. I cheer you.
Karasu Inoue

Post by Karasu Inoue »

I'll admit... looking around the shimmie... I've become even more apprehensive... Some seriously impressive artists out there... And then there's me... Starting to feel in over my head with this project actually... But I'm gonna press on. Fitting for me pressing on with the project I'm here to post my final design for the queen of pressing on. Emi~

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 9339_n.jpg

I've increased her height by whole head instead the 1/2 head she was off by... Just to make sure I got it right. ^^;; Idk if it's really any better... I also added her adorable gym outfit to this one. Next up to be finalized is Hanako.

While the designs are finalized, they are still sketches and not finished drawings... (as you can see they lack ink... which I have yet to buy... ^^;;)