Piano Sheet Music?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Terrato

Re: Piano Sheet Music?

Post by Terrato »

EvilDragon wrote:It's F# minor rather than Gb minor, because of enharmonic spelling, then it should have three sharps.
you know more than me lol. whats the name of the scale i'd be using?
GIMME_THE_CHOCOLATE

Post by GIMME_THE_CHOCOLATE »

Would anyone know where to find sheet music for Rin's Cinematic?
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

EvilDragon wrote:It's F# minor rather than Gb minor, because of enharmonic spelling, then it should have three sharps.
Hmm, thought it was Gb Minor in general because of the five flats unless that's just for the piano arrangement that's floating around. If the only song is in the Key of F# Minor, that would be great for me since the fingering for F# Minor on the violin is not crazy or confusing.

Also, I fucked up the theory. I meant E-Flat Minor/G-Flat Major. But anyway, if somebody can transpone Hanako's theme into F# Minor, I'll be happy.
i might be able to manage a transposed version for you --edit-- how's (the scale with 2 sharps) for you? (d sharp, g sharp) *fails at knowing his scales and plays songs by ear*
The scale with two sharp is D Sharp

And don't sweat it man, I'm losing my knowledge on scales and my theory isn't as good as it used to be!
TehIshter

Post by TehIshter »

Snow_Storm wrote:The scale with two sharp is D Sharp
Just to be clear: Two sharps = D major scale

D sharp scale = E flat scale = C minor scale (three flats)
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

TehIshter wrote:
Snow_Storm wrote:The scale with two sharp is D Sharp
Just to be clear: Two sharps = D major scale

D sharp scale = E flat scale = C minor scale (three flats)
D'oh. I meant D Major Scale.

Fuck, I really need to take theory again.
Terrato

Post by Terrato »

aren't F#minor and Gbminor the same scale... just written differently? or am i confusing this with other scales...

well anyways i'll upload a sample of the scale i would be transposing it to, you tell me if it sounds alright to you

--edit--
finished uploading the samples of painful history

original scale: https://rapidshare.com/files/2651644067 ... lScale.mp3
DMajor: https://rapidshare.com/files/3832557841 ... DMajor.mp3

i made the instrument violin to hopefully make your decision a little easier. Dat' Stratavarius
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

Terrato wrote:aren't F#minor and Gbminor the same scale... just written differently? or am i confusing this with other scales...

well anyways i'll upload a sample of the scale i would be transposing it to, you tell me if it sounds alright to you

--edit--
finished uploading the samples of painful history

original scale: https://rapidshare.com/files/2651644067 ... lScale.mp3
DMajor: https://rapidshare.com/files/3832557841 ... DMajor.mp3

i made the instrument violin to hopefully make your decision a little easier. Dat' Stratavarius
In terms of tone, I like them both but I think the D Major one would be better because of fingering positions on the violin.

Also random question: Are you using Edirol Orchestra for the violin samples? Just curious.
Terrato

Post by Terrato »

Snow_Storm wrote:In terms of tone, I like them both but I think the D Major one would be better because of fingering positions on the violin.

Also random question: Are you using Edirol Orchestra for the violin samples? Just curious.
good to hear that you like them both, once i'm finished transcribing it i'll transpose it for you right away. I'm not the best at sheet music so... i'll try my best.

and my violin samples are coming from Gerritan Personal Orchestra (after Nicol mentioned it i looked into it and decided to buy it.)
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

Terrato wrote:
Snow_Storm wrote:In terms of tone, I like them both but I think the D Major one would be better because of fingering positions on the violin.

good to hear that you like them both, once i'm finished transcribing it i'll transpose it for you right away. I'm not the best at sheet music so... i'll try my best.

and my violin samples are coming from Gerritan Personal Orchestra (after Nicol mentioned it i looked into it and decided to buy it.)
Take your time and thanks man!

Also, I'm gonna check out the Gerritan Personal Orchestra thing and see if it's any good.
EvilDragon

Post by EvilDragon »

Painful History CANNOT be a major key, because the song is written in minor :)

Adjacent minor key of D major is H minor (or B minor) - also two sharps.

It cannot be Gb minor because Gb minor is not in the circle of fourths (circle of fourths contains only flats, circle of fifths contains only sharps). Hence, it's F# minor.

EDIT: Just heard it again. We were off base from the start - it's not Gb minor, it's not F# minor. The tonic is Ab (or, enharmonically, G#). So, theoretically, it's Ab minor, which has seven flats, or G# minor (five sharps) - both exist in their respective circle of fourths or fifths.
Terrato

Post by Terrato »

EvilDragon wrote:Painful History CANNOT be a major key, because the song is written in minor :)

Adjacent minor key of D major is H minor (or B minor) - also two sharps.

It cannot be Gb minor because Gb minor is not in the circle of fourths (circle of fourths contains only flats, circle of fifths contains only sharps). Hence, it's F# minor.

EDIT: Just heard it again. We were off base from the start - it's not Gb minor, it's not F# minor. The tonic is Ab (or, enharmonically, G#). So, theoretically, it's Ab minor, which has seven flats, or G# minor (five sharps) - both exist in their respective circle of fourths or fifths.
^confusing as fuuuuuu....
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

Okay, I'm gonna take the blame for confusing everyone and getting on this debate on the Circle of Fifths.

Originally, what I meant to say was that the song was in the key of E-Flat Minor only because I saw the five flats. However, when I request for th esheet music to be transposed, I was nearly half-asleep and tired so in my movement of stupiidty and being nearly asleep, I said the song was in the key of G Flat Minor, which doesn't exist.

@EvilDragon - Now I can see it's being A-Flat Minor. Just did the scales on the piano to see. Trying it on the violin is a different story.
EvilDragon

Post by EvilDragon »

Terrato wrote:^confusing as fuuuuuu....
Not really!

Circle of fifths - all sharp keys, ascending from C major/a minor upwards in fifths. Circle of fourths - all flat keys, ascending from C major/a minor upwards in fourths. That's all there is to it :)
SevenAce

Post by SevenAce »

Would anyone be willing to do the sheet music for "Concord?" I know Nicole posted a version of this earlier in the thread, but it was redone. It was very good, but I would still greatly appreciate having the original.

Also to Nicole, thank you so much for the music in the game. It really made the experience that much better.
Haschen

Post by Haschen »

Anyone planning to do the new version of Moment of Decision? And thanks for all the sheets, they're awesome.